Fear of the dark! An Eternal night guide

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Fear of the dark! An Eternal night guide

Postby shadowsketch » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:16 pm

Scientiafide wrote:I mean everyone knows BIg Red is an easy win for EN, their close skills allow them to easily survive ball of flames and burning airs.

Indeed, that's been my experience with Endless Night as well.

What cards in Big Red gave you problems Worthing?
shadowsketch

Postby worthing » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm

arthroplueid stall into wyvern with arrows, balls, and katana to keep it off night time. Early game I used a succubus to secure a kill on arthro and try to get succubus' action skill. I used another one to secure a kill on a wyvern and the 3rd one to kill off the last wyvern. His end game was jerry, ex merc girl and bazgar to tank. It was hard considering he had 4 units with 80+ not to mention my rats had to go into killing the plueid. Generally big red should be easy. I made an error in the mid game with my unit placement and could have sealed the game but drug it out 8 turns longer than it needed to be and came down to a 0 cards in file and use zandagylan to kill jerry to iczer for game.

Oh and bringer
worthing

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Scientiafide wrote:Why do you guys think Pera's trolling?

Either their lack of brain cells, agitation or feeling irritated by something i said and not being able to express it with casual words.

I have a few questions on the file though. Why include 3 cemetery rats? Especially with succubus in the mix, how regularly do you actually use all 3?

Rats and succubuses are both very important for lycan rushes. They are more important than any other cards in the file.
Also being able to spam rats will win you close situations.

Why include a 3 lp SS as an anchor? I was always under the impression that for lvl 2 rushes anchor SS are pretty redundant, since if you've reached the point where you need it you've probably already lost anyway.

I used to add in a 3 LP last due to field wiping effects or that last copy of rat / succubus whatever else dying at the end of the game. Besides 30 damage zangadylan have can kill uncomfortable last copies of enemy units. It did save me at least. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also I'm sure there are gonna be people wondering why you haven't included the standard Fierte/Assassin combo at the beginning.

One of the things i was really wondering about. 40 damage and -1 SP is decent at best. So it's sort of better to focus on countering one type of files gather quick wins and thus fast gran, while avoiding the counters. Besides return abusers quit after you counter the returny part of their decks, so there won't be any fun for you to be had anyway once you get to the sweet core of iczering and stomping what's left over due to them prematurely quitting games after outsmarting the return abusage. @_@
Either way, fierte is indeed situational. So it's not part of the best SS line up.

I'd try out some engage / dion SS. Putting the enemy on hold is sort of important since you want to swarm the field. Imagine yourself with a shoe in your hand trying to hit a bug, that's the lycan philosophy.

@Worthing, i am not talking about playing around a counter, but that's basically the reason for the win streak you got on your file. I believe you had opponents that simply "allowed" you to. So if you get vs a player who knows how to use his cards it will be practically impossible to play around unless you do manage to trick him which is not always possible vs foolproof counters.

GonFreeces31 wrote:

Quit barking, you rabid troll.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Ss line up could make good use of an improvement.

Your deck dosn't have proper means to fight off tidal/other returns.

Pera please don't get offended If i say this, but you need to take a closer look on that file. He DOES have proper means to fight off tidal and returns. This is a very return safe en. The fact you dont relealize this is very representative for your deep understanding of return. Unless of course you say that was an unserious post. In this case I am sorry
I am bad in detecting unserious posts.

The anti return mechanisms in this deck include:
1. 2 x gafc SS (granted sp drain)
2. no stupid assasin in slot 1/2/3 that weakens his field early, and draining himself with sp ,thus making him more vulnerable for returns
3. he has TAURUS in his deck.. I mean come on! don't tell me you don't get it, he is an anti return unit lvling every time its closed
4. dagon grim removal
5. augmented sorcerer grim removal
6. succubus sp drain (nobody use it though which is bad)
7. every time a unit is killed by his rush, opponent (falkow) either loose an sp or a field position. dont try to explain me en had issue with this

I understand gafc feels strange in en, yet a dmg ss can be dodged, buff ss do not contribute to sp race. gafc sp drain cannot be dodged...

UFF anima has spocken
Anima13

Postby worthing » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:

@Worthing, i am not talking about playing around a counter, but that's basically the reason for the win streak you got on your file. I believe you had opponents that simply "allowed" you to. So if you get vs a player who knows how to use his cards it will be practically impossible to play around unless you do manage to trick him which is not always possible vs foolproof counters.

My builds and theory crafting don't matter apparently. I will just go to folrart with a 30 refugee citizens file and out play every one and win, brb with refugee citizens file guide
worthing

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Perilisc if you think gafc is "decent at best" you really might wanna re-evaluate how you look at the game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 pm

A shade will help with lawtia matches. If opponent opens shade level 3 shade with 1st ss gafc or ebeeru, then you want to shade t4 (after dagon esky augmented) when you only have 1 sp left. You don't want to cem rats because that'll give shade extra attack and agi (over your units agi) and you can drain 1 sp t4 if opponent plays another level 3.
Icyman2

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Well the jig is up. What peral says is true: over the years, we've simply been letting you win. We've long found your attempts at trickery and playing around our counters amusing and cute, and well, we kind of hoped eventually if we let you win enough you'd take down that hideous signature of yours. And those tournament games you participated in? Also staged. Well, except for Aces, he's kind of a **** like that and wouldn't play along. Anyway, I'm sorry you had to find out this way, Worthing. I hope you can forgive us.

Scientiafide

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Okay, getting back to reality here...I tried the build and the Liz SS just doesn't do it for me. At best, it revives maybe one unit, maybe two if I'm lucky. At no point do I suddenly go "oh look you wiped 5 of my units, I just sac one and wheee, time to press the attack button and faceroll to victory". I think a Liz in the back may be better. Also, I don't understand the Zangy SS. Why do you need 9 LP in such an aggressive rush file? Can't you put a Liz last, a cudgel fourth, and move the sin to slot 3?

Also, how often do you need that third taurus as opposed to third EX Riza? Because losing your nightmakers really hurts, but having one less regenerating Lycan? Ehhh?

Also what in the world would you do vs. Jewel/tidal+mediator/Faytis open?
AqvasFire2

Postby gadu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:You should have more humility when talking to worthing. I'm not sure whether you're not good at evaluating power or just biased. He's the best EN player in this game I don't think you should make assumptions about his deck...

This is as bad as the DG & Blacksun masterbation scene we had to watch a while ago. It's voyeurism gone wrong; top each other off via PM next time.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum