Prejudice in Alteil

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Prejudice in Alteil

Postby gabotheplaya » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Icyglare wrote:Refess: Hipster "I was playing Refess before it was cool"
Lawtia: Attention Deficient "I'm going to play Lawtia from now on..... until the new set"
Falkow: Self-Proclaimed Genius "I won through great thinking and prediction, it's not an easy sphere to use you know!"
Gowen: Caveman "Me find good gamewoman, club her on head, inside feel good"

I was gonna make one... but damnit, this is /thread worthy.

I'm a self-proclaimed falkow player, strategy mantra is falkow-oriented (hold and control), my favorite file is modified WK (meta hate).

I feel like Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender where in i'm confident in my own sphere (element) and i dabble in similar spheres, but i struggle with my opposite sphere.

For Aang it was earth, for me its Gowen.

Heck, i only run gowen to get easy UD wins or when i want to try interesting multispheres (still sometimes running my folart-tested nevarez file).

People don't get stereotyped groundlessly, i started falkow and no matter what i do i just process tactics with falkow-ness in mind... that and i barely have cards from the other spheres to make files with. haha
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby fargone » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:15 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I am not a "falkow player" I am a person. My name is Carl. I am an alteil player, among other things. I don't appreciate the stereotype.

I made a falkow guild in large part to rampant prejudice, which doesn't make me biased. There are just a lot of memes running around the forum that are just not true.

Try as hard as you might. You are a falkow player. You will always be one in our mind. We will always call you a falkow player and remind you of your prejudices.

Mission: Failed

You will now have to use your superior (falkow) thinking and planning skills to devise a new method of losing your title. I would suggest you stop arguing silliness with the entire community for a while. That way, they might actually start listening again.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:31 pm

The above post is a prime example of the stereotyping and prejudice we have in this community.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:48 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:The above post is a prime example of the stereotyping and prejudice we have in this community.

You know, until I saw it rear it's ugly heard right in front me, I wasn't taking this post seriously. Clearly, stereotyping and prejudice in alteil does exist, so I'm going to spearhead this discussion with several questions that I want you to answer so that we can have a better understanding on the subject.

Gon, how has being a falkow player adversely affected your income and job opportunities? What discriminatory laws are in place that lower your quality of living? What falkow slurs do you commonly hear used against you in a hateful way to dehumanize you? Have you or a loved one ever been a victim of a violent crime due to your status of being a falkow player? Do you feel depressed, less confident, and like less of a person due to the treatment and discrimination you receive for being a falkow player?

I hope this discussion can hopefully open everyone's eyes here to the serious problem at hand, and more importantly, educate us all. If you have some questions you'd like to ask gon about his alteil experience (note that I'm NOT pointing gon out in particular for being a falkow player, I'm just assuming since he's made this post that he's more than happy to discuss this), please do so to hopefully educate and enlighten us a little bit more on this topic.

Scientiafide

Postby fargone » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:The above post is a prime example of the stereotyping and prejudice we have in this community.

Nobody appreciates my sarcasm :(

I am such a misunderstood soul. I wish people could see me for the awesome person I am instead of the person who plays silly files in a children's card game. If only people understood how fragile I am, they might stop judging me. Poor me. Do they not realise there is more to who I am than simply being a silly file player?

I feel like they judge me because I take the game seriously but am here to have fun. Oh, how I wish our little community was more encouraging towards me. I have so much to offer, so much to give. I feel like nobody wants to hear it. Poor me.

I skim over people responses all the time, and they say such silly things that I simply have to disagree with. If they only understood the game as well as I do, they would give me my due respect. If only they were willing to clearly define every argument into a format that I understood, they would see I am not biased in my opinions.

Why is it nobody takes me seriously?

Poor me.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Spams OP Cards? Person is a wuss. Mah stereotype, u haz nao knowzs.
Callonia

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:18 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but I think it's a legitimate problem that should be addressed.

This wouldn't be a problem if this game was balanced.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Scientiafide wrote:Gon, how has being a falkow player adversely affected your income and job opportunities? What discriminatory laws are in place that lower your quality of living? What falkow slurs do you commonly hear used against you in a hateful way to dehumanize you? Have you or a loved one ever been a victim of a violent crime due to your status of being a falkow player? Do you feel depressed, less confident, and like less of a person due to the treatment and discrimination you receive for being a falkow player?

Sure. There are only two falkow files that I enjoy playing - Mirelia Control and Big Blue. My main interest lies in Lawtia, and I enjoy playing EM and various Gowen files like Gowen Undead. I dislike when I'm stereotyped as a "falkow player" because I do not exclusively play one sphere. It is true that I find Falkow the most intellectually stimulating and that's what initially attracted me to it, but it's suffered from poor design resulting in lots of boring or underpowered tribes.

So I don't like when I get stereotyped as a "falkow player" as there is always negative prejudice associated with "falkow players." I don't like how if I present an argument, people claim it to be invalid because I am a "falkow player." So I would like to be treated as a person who plays this game with diverse interests as that type of treatment does not lead to unjust negative attitudes.

I am sure there are other people out there who get stereotyped in other regards, we've all heard the term "meta abusers" or "timmies" or whatever. The cards are out there for anyone to use and I don't think it's a good thing to base attitudes towards players based off which types of cards they like.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm

In the past and when people are new they can generally play very few files usually just one often for a long time.

For me and many others that was gowen starter so I considered myself a gowen player. I still enjoy playing gowen files but now mostly from prebuilts and free set 11 I have diversified to other files and spheres. Nowadays multisphere is so rampant and easily achieved that the distinction between pure sphere players is blurred even more.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion