Sprint #3 Preview

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #3 Preview

Postby shadowsketch » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Hey, I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to make sharing files easier? Currently the only way I know how is to screenshot, trim it off in paint, upload it to an image share site, then do whatever with that link.

I see it being helpful to a lot of forum users.
shadowsketch

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 am

shadowsketch wrote:Hey, I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to make sharing files easier? Currently the only way I know how is to screenshot, trim it off in paint, upload it to an image share site, then do whatever with that link.

That's more like phpBB limitation. Btw, if you are using Windows 7 or beyond, try the native Snipping Tool. You can skip paint that way.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby shadowsketch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

InfernityFan wrote:

That's more like phpBB limitation. Btw, if you are using Windows 7 or beyond, try the native Snipping Tool. You can skip paint that way.

Well the whole technological stack for the game is changing from Flash to HTML5, so that may affect how easy it is for usability. Also I'm using Vista, so :(.

The main thing I want is easy sharing and the ability to look up cards from a rendering. Sometimes people put up files and I can't tell the difference between EX Cursed Armor Knight and Cursed Armor Knight for example.
shadowsketch

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Actually ex cak has a second middle finger.

It would be great if you link the file in such a way that each card slot becomes clickable on the linked card file image and opens a new window with the card.
Of course the idea not only to share it here but anywhere else as well ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Shadow1798 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 pm

shadowsketch wrote:
InfernityFan wrote:

Well the whole technological stack for the game is changing from Flash to HTML5, so that may affect how easy it is for usability. Also I'm using Vista, so :(.

The main thing I want is easy sharing and the ability to look up cards from a rendering. Sometimes people put up files and I can't tell the difference between EX Cursed Armor Knight and Cursed Armor Knight for example.

There's a way to tell, actually.

Normal cards have a half-circle on the bottom left, and EX cards have a full circle.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 pm

And another thing, EX cards have marble graphic designs on its borders, see those white wisps on the black?
Callonia

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Thanks! I'll take care of Zendesk within the next hour. I'll work on upgrading it while I'm at it so people can rate our tickets. I take full responsibility for this bug - this one was my fault, not the provider's.

It appears it's still not working. There was also the one guy in the chat complaining he couldn't send a report about not receiving his gran after using paypal, so i shared my forum account because it seems not even the forum registration worked for him ...

Oh well. Good luck fixing it!

Could you provide some details as to what happened? We use a professional service to handle our bugs (the big dog that takes care of Sears, Adobe, Disney, etc). They occasionally go down for maintenance for an hour or so on weekends so I'm hoping it's that.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Yes! I'd love that feature. Can't promise when it'll happen but it'll be a reach goal for #4.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Callonia wrote:Why do we have to drag cards around? the move command and placement selection works perfectly fine, its not broken. no need to fix it.

Devote ur manpower to fixing what's actually broken is more important like bugs than something that's not broken because it's working already. Don't waste ur time doing something unnecessary. mysteryman.

Thought everyone would love (optional) drag and drop. Guess I was wrong. I'll lower it's priority stack on the file editor and battles.

As for drag and dropping a card and letting people watch as a card gets dragged, now that's a different matter. Making drag and drop functionality work is a trivial matter. That's the technical equivalent of screwing in a lightbulb. What the lightbulb exists for is to make sure we wired up the electricity in the house correctly.

In this case - at least for the sprint - the drag and drop functionality exists to prove that our engine is correctly in place for multiplayer functionality. Note that one thing I'd like to do is have guests watch a file being edited and provide advice. This will prove it can be done.
MysteryMan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Thanks! I'll take care of Zendesk within the next hour. I'll work on upgrading it while I'm at it so people can rate our tickets. I take full responsibility for this bug - this one was my fault, not the provider's.

It appears it's still not working. There was also the one guy in the chat complaining he couldn't send a report about not receiving his gran after using paypal, so i shared my forum account because it seems not even the forum registration worked for him ...

Oh well. Good luck fixing it!

Could you provide some details as to what happened? We use a professional service to handle our bugs (the big dog that takes care of Sears, Adobe, Disney, etc). They occasionally go down for maintenance for an hour or so on weekends so I'm hoping it's that.

Well first of all the zendesk (or whatever the support site is called) didn't send me a confirmation email after submitting a bug.

And then there was an iczer having trouble with his paypal purchase which also had trouble sending you a bug report. For further details check this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13620
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion