Flash Player having issues loading content

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Flash Player having issues loading content

Postby TLHM » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am

I was trying to access the store to check out set 11, but it wouldn't load. I get the loading sphere, but then nothing happens. This also happens when I try to play a game, though mirage master loads the star-doors background and the music for alteil loads. Chat also doesn't work. I've tried this in both Firefox and Chrome. Mail seems to load fine, as does the serial number page if I click it on the homepage (but not if I just hit the Other tab). Guild Tab seems to load fine, as does the cashier tab. Interactive tutorial works until you start a mission, at which point it loads forever. Avatar manager doesn't seem to load either. Heck, my avatar doesn't load.

Basically, anything where that loading sphere pops up seems to get stuck on the loading sphere, and never actually load. Of course, I didn't leave it for hours on end, so it could just be loading very slowly.

any ideas on how to fix this/what's the issue? I'm running OSX.7.5 on a Macbook Pro, and I believe the latest version of FF and Chrome. I also just installed the latest version of Flash Player. My internet is rather speedy, so unless the client is doing something weird, or the server is having issues, I don't think the connection speed is just really slow.
TLHM

Re: Flash Player having issues loading content

Postby TLHM » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:55 am

I've also tried this in Opera now. The client pops up a warning about certificates (an ip not matching the certificate, 73.something or other). I said to accept the cert anyways. Shop, game, etc. will not load, same deal.
TLHM

Postby TLHM » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Updated Java in case something was up with the new Mac update that disabled Java applets in browsers, but didn't change anything. The problem must be internal with whatever loading function the client is using.
TLHM

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 pm

This is akin to the problem I was having days ago; according to Logress my browser had trouble connecting to their FMS server, but the problem persisted on several machines, with different setups.
I never actually solved the problem, but managed to circumvent it by running it over one of my VPNs.

I went the same way (updating flash, java, browser etc.) as you did, with the same effect.
Rom pointed out that it might be a server-side predicament, I considered it more of a locality based one.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby TLHM » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:20 am

My VPN doesn't seem to circumvent it, unfortunately. I tried connecting through TOR, and my Avatar managed to load, but the shop and game still won't load. Nor will the avatar manager.

Currently I'm trying to ssh into some stateside computer to see if that will work, but it's quite laggy and slow, so who knows.

Looks like I'll miss out on set 11 though, at this rate :C
TLHM

Postby Logress » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:05 am

Hmm... this is really odd. Anyone else having this problem, post here.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Seiei » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 am

I am having the same issue.
Seiei

Postby Scientiafide » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I wasn't having these problems until very recently. For some reason, now I can't load games either.

I'm forever stuck looking at that screen whenever I try to play.

Scientiafide

Postby Kouseo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Happens on my laptop and desktop with two different connections.
Kouseo

Postby Spears » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Mine just got as far as showign me my opponent then fell over, now its just a black screen. Also chat seems to have issues, constantly thinks i have dc.
Spears

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory