Stalling after loosing the Game

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Stalling after loosing the Game

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 pm

fargone wrote:I would like to state my support for mysteryman's idea for a reporting mechanism.

I would also like to suggest the removal of everyone in this and other threads who have tried to justify this kind of behaviour.

There is NO justification for being a nob in game. The fact that you try to justify your behaviour and try to place blame onto others clearly exposes you. I see no reason to keep you here at all. You will only serve to insult others and ruin their gaming experience.

I'd say chill a bit, it's only 5 minutes and it's not like it's a common thing. Just read a manga while you're waiting or something like that.

Also, please leave the 5 minute thinking time in place, I like to have the time to think things trough calmly (not to mention new players need a lot more time as well, just fought someone today that needed to think out seemingly trivial moves, though he ended up choosing the wrong option at times, at least he wasn't rushed into the wrong decisions).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Pikeru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 pm

fargone wrote:
Pikeru wrote:
fargone wrote:You will only serve to insult others and ruin their gaming experience.

Too late, Return already succeeded in that regard ages ago.

Return is, sadly, part of the game.

Your attitude toward other players and your impact on their experience is purely your own.

"The sand sitting on the ground is part of the area we decided on for this prearranged fight. So it's fine for me to throw it in my opponents eyes." This is an excuse, not a justification. Something being there is not inherent justification for its use, hence why police aren't allowed to shoot unarmed suspects. Try thinking of real reasoning in your next response please, not just excuses. For example: if your opponent plays one first, it's fine to then use yours as well as long as you never activate it against players who don't open that door themselves first. If you're fine with that one, I'll let you use it. Although, it would be ideal to not stoop to their level, this reason is at least acceptable.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Scientiafide » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Pikeru,

First I'd like to say I've never had all that much trouble against returns. I've never felt like I wasn't playing the game and that the game was a one-man show with any of the variety of files I've played (including lvl 3 refess rush btw). I actually like having removal in this game, it actually adds another layer to it other than just playing units and watching them whack each other.

But even if you have trouble with return for some reason, this type of bad behavior and poor sportsmanship is inexcusable. What if that player you're facing is a new player, who started off playing a falkow starter and later bought the wizards kingdom prebuilt? I've seen tons of new players do that. Hell, every player should have access to return, it's an FM card included in the starter and a common lvl up option early on. So what are these new players to do? Not use their cards because you don't like them? It's not like they have many options to help them win as it is.

All that aside, this all seems like a very convenient excuse to throw a tantrum whenever something doesn't go your way. Are you unhappy that you lost? No problem, just call the other person's tactics OP, stall out the game (while rationalizing to yourself why the other person DESERVES this bad behaviour), and evidently you'll actually be applauded by other people on these forums.

Scientiafide

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am

Actually, I rarely play files affected by Return. I probably lost do to it long ago, hard to remember ancient history, but none-the-less these are inaccurate assumptions. Unfortunately, this game is not designed for remove-from-field effects. This includes returning, send-to-grave and remove from game. Since creatures can be revived twice, all of these mechanics are equivalent to defeating that unit three times over in a single fell swoop. Then when a creature would die, it refunds your sp, not a problem for Return, but rather cards such as Assassin which give an obscene advantage. Then, there's the problem with playing a single card per round coupled with that units take 2 rounds to reach the field and reveal themselves to your opponent before they do so. Wiping that creature from the field disrupts your opponent's field position for a minimum of 3 turns. First is the turn it took to play the unit, second is the turn you remove the unit and third is the turn it takes to replay it when a different card could be played. On top of that is +1 for each additional turn they take in between it being forced off the field and replaying it which can be +0 to permanent. All of which can be done preemptively without any need for prediction as they saw your next creature an entire turn ago. Logic states that in such a game as this, all of effects of this nature need be considerably expensive or have heavy requirements or drawbacks. Logic also dictates that players who willingly abuse such clear and overwhelming imbalances in the game-state outside of serious tournament matches are inherently cowardly in nature.
Pikeru

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 am

Essentially you're complaining about people playing to the strengths of their chosen file and or sphere. I'm not sure why that's a problem. Falkow units have almost no synergy or buffs and that's the price they pay for having access to strong manipulation abilities.

Refess units have the strongest start skills and buffing, but generally lack everywhere else. Gowen has the strongest open skill damage capabilities, etc.

Is the problem that you a) dislike the color pie? b) claim that one sphere is overpowered relative to the others, c) dislike people for using cards you don't like, d) hold prejudice against players who like cards you dislike?

I mean if you go by your logic, wouldn't you argue that players who use files (not individual cards) that obtain the highest win rates are cowards? Cause I thought right now mid ref, dolls, en, and maybe some emana thing might be some of the strongest files?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 am

Hi Pikeru,

I just want clear something up. Do you have a problem with Flames of Judgment and are you stalling me right now?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 am

Pikeru wrote:...

You missed this part:

fargone wrote:Your attitude toward other players and your impact on their experience is purely your own.

Cry about returns all you like, that isnt what this thread is about. This thread is about your attitude towards your fellow players, your spite and hatred that only serves to make you and others unhappy, and the actions you take as a result of those feelings.

Being the open kind of guy I am, I am happy to tell you your in game tantrums are beneath you. Im sure you are better than that, and proud enough to not expose your frustrations in such a childish manner.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:11 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I mean if you go by your logic, wouldn't you argue that players who use files (not individual cards) that obtain the highest win rates are cowards? Cause I thought right now mid ref, dolls, en, and maybe some emana thing might be some of the strongest files?

Granted, this is another good example. However, people have difficulty comprehending multiple issues simultaneously so it's best to stick to a singular subject at one time.

Now, is their an option e? because I just logically explained the problem in intricate detail about it being a fundamental imbalance in this mechanic's inherent incompatibility with the game's unique rules, which disproves any possibility of bias. Also, it's not an issue of one sphere's power vs. another, each sphere has effects that directly displaces units from the field, it only pretends to be a problem with Falkow due to its larger quantity and extreme popularity in using such effects. Likewise, SS are typically independent of sphere color making the mechanic overly splashable in any deck. Justification for defeating a unit thrice over in one play, sp refund or not, should be balanced by heavy costs and severe drawbacks or strict requirements and unfortunately this is far from the way things are currently.

Personally, I'm fond of Falkow, it's Lawtia that I dislike and even so only to a certain degree, but that's an issue for a different post.
Pikeru

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 am

I guess my problem is that despite how "obvious" it is that certain cards are "overpowered," there are lots of players who like playing things like Mermaids, Pirates, Serpent, or WK and get completely normal, balanced win rates. These people do not deserve antipathy for playing balanced tribes they like. If you want to call people cowardly, say it to the person playing Emana-Mystere-Mystere or those horrid Dion files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:I guess my problem is that despite how "obvious" it is that certain cards are "overpowered," there are lots of players who like playing things like Mermaids, Pirates, Serpent, or WK and get completely normal, balanced win rates. These people do not deserve antipathy for playing balanced tribes they like. If you want to call people cowardly, say it to the person playing Emana-Mystere-Mystere or those horrid Dion files.

That's a very fair point and completely immaterial to the point I've made. I can completely agree with your sentiments on that matter. You could even lengthen the list with tribes from other factions if necessary.
Pikeru

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau