Bringing AD/D or pathfinder to Alteil

User suggestions to improve the game

Bringing AD/D or pathfinder to Alteil

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:12 am

Hi all,

I have a ton of old AD/D stuff and have purchased a lot of Pathfinder by paizo stuff just for fun. I tried getting my daughters to play butit never worked out. I guess i should be happy they do kendo. At any rate. There are many really cool spells and skills in those games that could be applicable to alteil. I will try to list some of them in the coming days and p erhaps we could discuss how they might be implemented in some context.

Many of these skills are based upon unit level. I think this is actually kind of a cool concept since we have rank ups and abilities to raise unit level. So the skills could be action skills based. Off the unit'slevel. So if the unit was a lv 2 sorceror and had an auto skill that raised lv by 1 each turn - like violet or so. Then it had a conditional abilities based off of it'slevel a lot like violet. Could be really fun. What do you think?

I'll post some of the ones i think could work in the coming days.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Re: Bringing AD/D or pathfinder to Alteil

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 am

Okay,

Well i ran through a list of cleric and paladin spells etc.
here are some that could be pretty cool-obviously if implemented they would need name changes due to copyright stuff etc.

Bane: enemy units get -10 attack. (Similar to that carbuncle's auto skill)
Fear: This unit cannot be hit by lv (x) or below enemy unit
Divine favor: This unit gets +10 attack per level. (Like greatsword but onunit lv rather than sphere)
Doom: Enemy unit gets -20 attack.
Sanctuary: This unit cannot behit by attack or attack this turn
Shield other: This unit takes half of the damage from another unit. (Probably difficult to code but it could be a cool conditional thing. Like this unit in 1-2-3 and then the unit behind or next to it gets hit it soaks half the dmg it mightbe too strong to protect support units though just an idea)
Prayer: Allies get + 10 attack this turn enemies get -10 attack this turn
Chaos hammer: this unit does extra dmg to refess. (Like how 1 armed swordsman hits characters for extra dmg. There would be 1 for each sphere.)
Cloak of chaos: similar to above but unit gets defensive bonus if opposing player has refess units - would be 1 for each sphere
Banishment: Send lv 2 and below card direct to cem. Would cost 3 sp. (along the lines of deathmaker and merc death but costlier)

Now just to shed some light on just the grims of set 12 here is what is in store barring any changes.

Refess lv 3 grim. Light of the miracle. All units fully recover hp (both fields like lucia) refund 3 sp
Refess Lv1 grim Aggressive instruction. I couldn't totally figure it out but something along the lines of enemy unit gets 0 att for this turn if they are not some subtype. Would neutralize that aug doll i presume.
Refess lv 1 grim. Impact of the miracle. Do dmg 10 to enemy unit. You then gain 2 sp. wow definite powercreep inour version. Not only do you sp generate but get to do dmg.

Lawtia 4 grim. Ghastly sight. Reduce all spheres both players to 0. Essentially a fierte grim

I'll have more later and i'll see if i canstart previewing set 12 soon. Shiro feel free to correct the translating errors.
Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am

AngelicDeath wrote:I'll have more later and i'll see if i canstart previewing set 12 soon. Shiro feel free to correct the translating errors.
Cheers,
AD

I already have a draft for Set 12 Translation, just waiting for the right time to publish it (probably some times after the next EX). Maybe you might want to take a look? I haven't double-checked it yet :P
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:55 am

Soul of negligence: lv2 lawtia. Revive a closed friendly unit. It gets hp= 10 and attack = 10.
Revelation from the darkness: lv1 lawtia. Enemy unit max hp is equal to the hp ( max hp?) of another unit. Reduce rival iczer sp by 1. Seems like an extreme form of corruption in a way.

Purgatory flames. Lv4 gowen. 煉獄 - destruction by fire
From the enemy-troops unit of [one or more HP(s)], it is random and carries out one-body selection [damage:40].
This skill is repeated when an object is set to [zero or less HP].
When this effect moves 3 times, [skill:煉獄 - a large flame] move.
煉獄 - a large flame
From the enemy-troops unit of [one or more HP(s)], it is random and carries out one-body selection [damage:50].
When this effect moves 3 times, [skill:煉獄 - 炎嵐] move.
煉獄 - 炎嵐
From the enemy-troops unit of [one or more HP(s)], it is random and carries out one-body selection [damage:60].

That is some heavy dmg. It gets progressively stronger the more it is played. Even at it's lowest level though you would probably get 2 units hit for 40 dmg maybe 3 for 4 sp.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 am

Hi infernity,

Wow that's great of you already have it. I was halfway finishing that post when yours went through so i didn't want to throw it away.

Well done. Yeah i'd love to look it over. Thanks for doing it. Hoping we get ex by end of the month but that could be optimistic.

The way i look at set 12 is this. There is no use reinventing the wheel by redesigning all the cards. Just look at the obvious errors - the ones that glaringly won't work in our version and change them.

Cheers,
AD

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 am

It seems my Falkow translation file is lost after I reorganize my files last week. I'll check my backup after I sent you the PM for Refess, Lawtia, and Gowen. It's full of images by the way, so get your bandwidth ready or just turn off the image :P

EDIT: Now that I look at them again, Refess is just dang so lovely again this set
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:44 am

Infernity,

This is by far my favorite set since it is loaded out with duchy units which is my favorite subtype but i can never seem to successfully play. The art onthe multicolored units i don't like too much except for the law/gowen one but the chic with the mouth in her arm should be fun.

I beleive she is abyssal forces lv3 law/ref. action skill is 1 sp and revives enemy unit and then sets enemy unit to hp =0. She is the bane of wiz kingdom, duchy, solar and mer nation also as her start skill does 30 dmg to those units. Refess might be able to defend against her but she will annhilate wiz kingdom.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Infernity,

This is by far my favorite set since it is loaded out with duchy units which is my favorite subtype but i can never seem to successfully play. The art onthe multicolored units i don't like too much except for the law/gowen one but the chic with the mouth in her arm should be fun.

I beleive she is abyssal forces lv3 law/ref. action skill is 1 sp and revives enemy unit and then sets enemy unit to hp =0. She is the bane of wiz kingdom, duchy, solar and mer nation also as her start skill does 30 dmg to those units. Refess might be able to defend against her but she will annhilate wiz kingdom.

Ah, now I know why I can't find level 4 Gowen grimoire you translated, I believe you are translating Set 13 cards? Set 12 doesn't have any Lawt/Gowen, it only has four multi-colored cards in fact.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Yep. Good thing you caught me before i got too far LoL. Not sure how i did that.
Thanks,
AD

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau