Fear of the dark! An Eternal night guide

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Fear of the dark! An Eternal night guide

Postby AquasFire3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
AquasFire3 wrote:peral can you please stop pretending to be me thank you :)

k meth bro k

peral you know i am not meth and u gave the account to dg???
AquasFire3

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 pm

lol, did you just realize? I can spot their posts from miles away.
Icyman2

Postby methebest » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:11 am

AquasFire3 wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:
AquasFire3 wrote:peral can you please stop pretending to be me thank you :)

k meth bro k

peral you know i am not meth and u gave the account to dg???

yes you are me.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Aquas do you have anything else to contribute to these forums other than "pera stop pretending to be me please :)".

Because that can be handled via PM.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm

It might be useful to get some commentary on some variants of EN. I don't mean this as a criticism, but worthing you tend to show your file and talk about how you play it. Lots of people like to do things their own niche way and it might be helpful to talk about how you would play and run different variants of this, especially because lots of people have limited card pools and there any many strong ways to make en successful.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:22 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:It might be useful to get some commentary on some variants of EN. I don't mean this as a criticism, but worthing you tend to show your file and talk about how you play it. Lots of people like to do things their own niche way and it might be helpful to talk about how you would play and run different variants of this, especially because lots of people have limited card pools and there any many strong ways to make en successful.

I have eskatia but no riza or enough copies of lycans. lol
Icyman2

Postby methebest » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 am

Romdeau wrote:Aquas do you have anything else to contribute to these forums other than "pera stop pretending to be me please :)".

Because that can be handled via PM.

but that would mean the rest of the cominity would miss out on the lols
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby tetron » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm

hey worthing
I think I'm that guy who stopped your 22nd win streak (Iczer name is Exist. sorry about that >_<)

Have you ever considered controlling your SS per chance without using the closed cards to activate the SS? (Consuming Grudge as an example)

I personally run my file that includes consuming grudge but it has some high risks like losing LP much faster than my opponent so it kinda swings 50/50 win/loss for me. But I don't know you might have a better idea or way to make it work towards a higher percentage win :x

Like others suggested would definitely get riza to 3 as well.

For taurus being tanky, wouldn't it be better to just use riza's -10 HP and transferring it to either dagon or other lycan thats in front to make them a huge HP tank? I think thats how I view my lycans tanky without taurus in it imo.
tetron

Postby worthing » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Good post exist. I personally prefer to run at least 3 grims in a file because of grim bane. I find it very inconsistant to use only 1 grim unless its going to be used early in the game usually. I can't make room for other grims currently but I agree that consuming grudge could be useful in quite a few situations although I also hate throwing 3 into my sphere even with the chance of taurus draining it. I only own 2 riza and if I had a 3rd I don't think I would use it. I never need a 3rd to win, or at least so far. I understand the theme is to make it night and to keep it night but gearing it completely towards that isn't a good idea because you are more reliant on combos which is why I don't use 3 of every lycan, esk, riza, rats, succubus. I try to go for consistency by playing cards like aug sorcerer or taurus because I can still do damage with them even when it isn't night. To be honest I almost never have dagon out late game so usually I will have a taurus and one of my other 2 lycans out and if its nue I generally will throw hp on taurus if i have a lot of sp because I don't mind them losing sphere levels unless they would no longer require how high their sphere level is. Basically I think relying completely on riza living and giving hp to units that are relying on him to live isn't safe so that is why I play taurus as a tanky unit over riza auto spamming

This game is really involves a lot of personal preference. Some people here disagree with my file and call it mediocre because on paper it doesn't look great and omg y no cudgel last ss? People also thought my diondora control that played a fierte ss was a troll/bad file at first. I proceeded to get multiple gold stars with it and diondora control became one of the top files in set 6/7. I also played a lawtia rush that got me to 2198rp that basically relied on me using many level 3 units that had almost no synergy with a chiruru as my 2nd ss and boy combat priest as the 1st. Many people also questioned why I was playing that at the time. Really this game is very diverse and after playing quite a bit recently I have theory crafted some nice ideas although I don't own the cards for some of them sadly. Perhaps in the future I will be able to make another "wtf is that garbage file" that gets me super high rp.

PS GON- Yeah I might make a video. I got lazy and really haven't updated this at all
worthing

Postby fargone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm

gadu wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:You should have more humility when talking to worthing. I'm not sure whether you're not good at evaluating power or just biased. He's the best EN player in this game I don't think you should make assumptions about his deck...

This is as bad as the DG & Blacksun masterbation scene we had to watch a while ago. It's voyeurism gone wrong; top each other off via PM next time.

This is hilarious.

But as this is a guide, I think it best all of us keep our flaming and trolling wars to other (less important to new player) threads.

I try to do this myself as much as possible.

Worthing, thank you for a well present guide. I'm a bit out of touch with EN atm. I am surprised to see no fenrir in there. Is there any reason he has fallen out of grace? Or do you simply prefer a more tanky front line?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum