Hiding Levels

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Hiding Levels

Postby Spears » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 am

Hi all,
What is the reason for showing levels now? I cant see any real benefit to it. There have been plenty of threads raising the issue that players feel it unfair that they have been matched against players x many levels above them.
In many games this might be relevant as in game strength goes up with level, in alteil rp is a more relevant indication of strength.
Would hiding level make folart seem less daunting?
Spears

Re: Hiding Levels

Postby NitroDino » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 am

Spears wrote:Hi all,
What is the benefit of showing levels now? I cant see any real benefit to it. There have been plenty of threads raising the issue that players feel it unfair that they have been matched against players x many levels above them.
In many games this might be relevant as in game strength goes up with level, in alteil rp is a more relevant indication of strength.

+1
NitroDino

Postby Romdeau » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 am

I don't see why people care one way or the other. RP I can kinda understand more or less.
Romdeau

Postby Spears » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 am

Its a trap for new players, as a gamer you are conditioned into thinking that level equals skill. I imagine facing players many levels above you can be disheartening.
Spears

Postby MiKeMiTchi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 am

As an online gamer, I always thought that the money you have = skill. At lv45, I`ve been terribly beaten in Folrart in the past 2 weeks, playing without Set 11 or any 5*/EX cards, garnering a 10+ losing streak. The last time I won was when my opponent got DCed. That is really disheartening for me. I know I don't have that Folrart-standard skill, but I still want to play the game. What keeps my going is fun and hope, hoping that someone who had fun dueling with me gives me the free win. On topic, I'm not in favor of hiding the levels. For me, levels show how long we played this game, and for me, it's the main physical reward in the game. This is kinda cliched but... Rome wasn't build in a day and so does your level. It's there to show others that you suffered and played a lot to get in that level. My suggestion though, at the end of the match -- Why can't we just see who won and who lost and not show anything else like win percentage, streak, fm, etc.
MiKeMiTchi

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:21 am

Level isn't even properly representing the amount of xp you gain. What if amount of xp you can win is displayed? @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 am

MiKeMiTchi wrote:As an online gamer, I always thought that the money you have = skill. At lv45, I`ve been terribly beaten in Folrart in the past 2 weeks, playing without Set 11 or any 5*/EX cards, garnering a 10+ losing streak. The last time I won was when my opponent got DCed. That is really disheartening for me. I know I don't have that Folrart-standard skill, but I still want to play the game. What keeps my going is fun and hope, hoping that someone who had fun dueling with me gives me the free win. On topic, I'm not in favor of hiding the levels. For me, levels show how long we played this game, and for me, it's the main physical reward in the game. This is kinda cliched but... Rome wasn't build in a day and so does your level. It's there to show others that you suffered and played a lot to get in that level. My suggestion though, at the end of the match -- Why can't we just see who won and who lost and not show anything else like win percentage, streak, fm, etc.

The new starters should be relatively competitive, so I'd love to hear your reaction to what happens when they go live.

As for win/loss streak, isn't that what the 1500 system is for?

Spears wrote:Hi all,
What is the reason for showing levels now? I cant see any real benefit to it. There have been plenty of threads raising the issue that players feel it unfair that they have been matched against players x many levels above them.

This is an excellent point. When the areana gets redone I'll probably at the very least hide the levels by default.
MysteryMan

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm

I think people is a bunch of quitters because lvling up doesnt make ur cards stronger. And used it as a scapegoat of why they lost, i beat up worthing few times when i was like lvl 80 or what. i laugh at sissy people's excuses.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:06 pm

I agree with callonia. Higher level only means greater xp bags.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:11 pm

I suggested this over a year ago. Logress responded by saying it was a good suggestion, but nothing came of it.

The new players do get intimidated by levels whether we think they should or not. I am glad to see this getting some attention again, and fully support the idea of hiding player levels in the arenas. In fact, I suggest this is done before any advertising starts.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion