big blue

User suggestions to improve the game

big blue

Postby methebest » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 am

ok so we all know big blue is pretty meh.

the only decent big blue card i could think of just a wee while ago was vonderam and thats because i forgot about big noze.

but anyway what i was thinking is redesigning older cards and make them do something grim count related which would make them more viable and unique to falkow.

so for legrye we could do something like changing his auto skill to do damage = 5*grim count to x amount of units(the x would be a balanced number) or even make that an action skill and give him an auto that adds 1 to the grim count. and then do something similar to water dragon.
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
User avatar
methebest
 
Posts: 1748
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: big blue

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:39 am

Water dragon's nice the way he is. Infinite level 1 effects. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: big blue

Postby Anima13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Water dragon's nice the way he is. Infinite level 1 effects. @_@


great idea Pera go and make the deck and give us the replay that shows how great he is:
show us how great it is if you can shuffle lvl1 units when he is standing infront of 3-4 lvl2-4s
show us how great it is if the opponent can shuffle its shades with it
show us what outstanding contribution he gives to your fieldpresence.
and dont foget to highight the great synergy with other units on the field.
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: big blue

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Water dragon = infinite great spirit spam for you. Splash in those salamdners, wisps, shades, oh my!
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: big blue

Postby gadu » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm

I fought somebody who did Turtle, Water Dragon, and Dryad/Sylph spam. Kicked my butt, but my rush file doesn't solve DEF easily.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: big blue

Postby Anima13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:00 pm

methebest wrote:ok so we all know big blue is pretty meh.

the only decent big blue card i could think of just a wee while ago was vonderam and thats because i forgot about big noze.

but anyway what i was thinking is redesigning older cards and make them do something grim count related which would make them more viable and unique to falkow.

so for legrye we could do something like changing his auto skill to do damage = 5*grim count to x amount of units(the x would be a balanced number) or even make that an action skill and give him an auto that adds 1 to the grim count. and then do something similar to water dragon.


legyre is good how he is considering open and auto. big blue needs return cause it needs like 5-15 sp advance (matchup dependent) to keep up with the sp efficiency of other spheres and to survive the soul(s)kills. the real issue is there is no suport/synergy with other cards existing for him. and this is a general issue for mid'/ big blue: there are too few cards avaible and too many of them currently useless.

this said here some new card ideas that couild help legyre:
1. openskill immune units
2. lvl1 grim: return a friendly lvl X (X=5 or higher) falkow unit to your card file, then return a target enemy unit of X or lower to their file. refund to both players the sp equal to the returned units base lvl. (I know it feels OP but refess has revive, card retreaval and dmg, gowen insane dmg, lawtia merciless and deathmaker, where is our high lvl grim for bigs??)
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: big blue

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Anima3 gon alt?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: big blue

Postby Anima13 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Anima3 gon alt?


LOL Pera :D stopp being irritated and start to deal with my arguments. Try to contribute to the discussion in a constructive way. Tell me what is wrong in your opinion, what big blue would need, tell my why I am wrong or right, bring in conterarguments.
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: big blue

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Anima13 wrote:(I know it feels OP but refess has revive, card retreaval and dmg, gowen insane dmg, lawtia merciless and deathmaker, where is our high lvl grim for bigs??)


You're forgetting about gowen's cem bane function. The Trees of death and BER.


Falkow has high lvl grimiores, they're called Disjunction. Other than disjunction, falkow's good enough to not need anything else that big. Although Water spout is there.

Refess = charity
Gowen = ****
Lawtia = bag of tricks
Falkow = backfire


Unless you really want that tempest grimiore its just 30 ignore defense damage for whole field i think?

Falkow's pretty self sufficient to not need big grimiores it seems otherwise jp devs would've added them ages ago in the Set of Dragon Emps i believe.

For cryign out loud, My big falkow file have like what 8 or 7 lp and it does fantastic. Even beat up a couple of big yellows. And I barely have any grimiores in it, the units is your grimiores! Its a sphere of annoying as **** op spellcasters.


Its all about annoying the enemy ot the point of inconveniencing them to the point where your units can mop them up effortlessly by making sure they can't act aka press skip turn spam because your opponent can't do anything except revive and set units and that's all otherwise unless you call watching your units get oneshot as doing something I suppose it's doing something but not very entertaining, entertaining for falkow users yes but not entertaining for the receiving end, this is where the jp devs failed at they accidently went at falkow with one player game in mind instead of two player game.

Their excuse of giving falkow return spam is because their units isn't strong welll the problem here is, noone uses the weak units and return spams but rather why do that hassle when they could use the stronger units in falkow instead while return spamming to boot.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: big blue

Postby fargone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Anima13 wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Water dragon's nice the way he is. Infinite level 1 effects. @_@


great idea Pera go and make the deck and give us the replay that shows how great he is:
show us how great it is if you can shuffle lvl1 units when he is standing infront of 3-4 lvl2-4s
show us how great it is if the opponent can shuffle its shades with it
show us what outstanding contribution he gives to your fieldpresence.
and dont foget to highight the great synergy with other units on the field.


Anima13 wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Anima3 gon alt?


LOL Pera :D stopp being irritated and start to deal with my arguments. Try to contribute to the discussion in a constructive way. Tell me what is wrong in your opinion, what big blue would need, tell my why I am wrong or right, bring in conterarguments.


Perlisc has no argument because he was making jokes. Get a sense of humour.

Alteil really isn't that serious a business for the players.


As for modifying Legrye - I'm opposed, unless you plan on giving back some of his hp - he used to be 130hp.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron