What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD spam

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What's up with the lack of complaints about MD Aug/OD sp

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 pm

angelspawns wrote:Newbies are not going to win by spamming Overdose on Augmented. They should start with files that are easy to understand, learn the basics of building a field. Learn that rush files rely on laying your units and combo's in quick. Learn the value of SP.(Orcs wouldve been fantastic to start with) Right now i see newbs play 2 Augmented and spam tripple Overdose...

Btw, i always try to BALANCE things, NOT to render things absolete. I didn't suggest anything that would make Ryu/Verlaat/Miffy/Aug less playable. I don't want to overnerf anything when my point is making MORE things see play in Folrart. (!)

Definitely true, I've had a lot of mirror matches while trying out augments, and every time I've faced a newbie spamming overdose, I'd always beat them by laying out my field and timing my own overdose casts on the most opportune moments. There were some matches were I didn't even use overdose at all if I felt there was a better way to spend the sp (although I'd say on average a player would cast 1-2 a match).

Scientiafide

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm

We definitely need buffs on the silly weak cards. Increasing the number of useless cards isn't helping anyone.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I agree with scientifade,

Love or hate DG all you want he often makes very legitimate posts. You cannot just discount everything he says because he is saying it. Take it for what it is read it and either agree or disagree. The skin thickness on the majority of posters is so thin. You guys take offense to every post that may slight you in any way. Just post your opinionwith reasons and rationale and take others opinions the same. No need to get personal.

I mean personally i like dg'spost, angelspawn's post and icy,an's post all within the same thread. I don't pick andchoose based. On author but by content and their viewpoint andwhy they have it.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby AquasFire3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Its not really discounting what he says ad but if you dont agree with him he tries to force his opinion on you and sometimes and then he ends up doing insults.
AquasFire3

Postby AqvasFire2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

AquasFire3 wrote:Its not really discounting what he says ad but if you dont agree with him he tries to force his opinion on you and sometimes and then he ends up doing insults.

Yes, I do try to force my opinion, because I'm not on the balance team to make sure that we don't continue through yet another cycle of:

A) Have a few playable metas
B) Nerf the strongest cards
C) Release a new set, making the newly-nerfed metas obsolete from powercreep and new bad matchups.
D) Go back to A.

Because after being here since set 5, I've seen this cycle repeat itself over and over AND OVER. The game's gotten no more diverse, no more dynamic, and no more enjoyable. In fact, it feels even less enjoyable than it did back then, even with all the cards on AA's account, because so many more matchups just feel like "oops, my file A can't handle my opponent's file B, but I'd utterly mop the floor with him if I was playing my file C".

Why should people spend exorbitant amounts of money to play this game if half the time, there's no point to them even playing?
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Hilarious coming from an guy who advocated that that everyone should go play pegasus kingdom, DEFS, or big red.

Hilarious, So i was wrong. You're not totally useless, and actually contributed in the smallest of the way such as making me laugh for once.
Callonia

Postby Muklas » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Call, go jump off a cliff.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby AqvasFire2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Muklas wrote:Call, go jump off a cliff.
AqvasFire2

Postby AquasFire3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Dg making everything meta is not the way to solve the problem and cards need nerf not everything can be evaluated in testing. And dg its the way you enforce your opinion if some one doesnt consider your opinon right you yell at them. And act like their idiots,Just saying some times you need to know when to stop arguing because you do go overboard. - okay sorry for rant back on subject.

Okay, first of all about md augment best way to make her balanced either take away free revive or not make her doll.
And for overdose i dont have an opinion.
AquasFire3

Postby AqvasFire2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 pm

AquasFire3 wrote:Dg making everything meta is not the way to solve the problem and cards need nerf not everything can be evaluated in testing. And dg its the way you enforce your opinion if some one doesnt consider your opinon right you yell at them. And act like their idiots,Just saying some times you need to know when to stop arguing because you do go overboard. - okay sorry for rant back on subject.

Okay, first of all about md augment best way to make her balanced either take away free revive or not make her doll.
And for overdose i dont have an opinion.

They're the testing team. It's their freaking job to evaluate it. That's why they get paid money. If MtG's testing was so lax, the game would quickly fall apart.

As for enforcing my opinion, I enforce my opinion with a history of past success. Yes, it's not set 6/7 anymore, and no, I don't spend as much time studying the game as I have back then, but at the same time, the competition is much worse than it was back then, when Xideru, Khalida, Rom, Imortal, bob000, and so many others played so that it was possible to go beyond 2200. That combined with far more cards for any 25 card file to deal with just increases the chance you lose to something you just can't build against.

There's a reason MtG rotates its sets (beyond money), and that type 1/vintage stuff is very niche, and that's so you actually have a consistent metagame going, so that competitive players can prepare, practice for matchups, and so on. But apparently, most people in this community think "if a file can gold star consistently, it must be broken" and "if you can't get randomed out, you have a broken file".

After all, why should people pay hundreds, even thousands, of dollars, when no matter how much they hone their skills, how many cards they collect, at the end of the day, they're limited not by their skill but by the constraints of the game itself?
AqvasFire2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion