Hiding Levels

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Hiding Levels

Postby Icyglare » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 pm

I have to disagree a bit. I usually look at RP when I think on how tough my opponent might be. With level, if I see someone way under me, I'm more likely to talk to them about things and then push the give up button later down the line.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby asxlen64 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm

well, either it happens or not, EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW MY LEVEL BY NOW.(and if you dont really know thats ok too)
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby AquasFire3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:48 pm

i can kind of seeing how facing higher level is daunting to new players it was when i first started for me back in set 3. However not sure if hiding level is right way to go.
AquasFire3

Postby fargone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Icyglare wrote:I have to disagree a bit. I usually look at RP when I think on how tough my opponent might be. With level, if I see someone way under me, I'm more likely to talk to them about things and then push the give up button later down the line.

Is there any chance this kindness will transpose onto people with low rp instead?

I only ask as this is often a better indicator of someone's understanding of play than level.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Lowbies see the big number and think "oh sh*t balls on fire".

Then i point to my RP which i keep stable between 1450-1600 (i play fun, low win rate files past 1600 to keep it stable).

End of a match, win or lose, i point at my 45% win rate.

Then i tell them i'm a "practically" free player with a severely limited cardpool (though not as much as them).

You wouldn't believe how easy it is to get people to open up and realize that the world isn't such a bad place. Showing the level really is counterproductive to fun play.

I'm all for this.

~~~~~
On the flip-side:
I have pics of the highbies (judged based on level, even before i knew them) i defeated before and i treat them as trophies/achievements. Its moot now that i'm nearing level 200, but those were fun times. Probably the only trophy i'm missing are:

Worthing (exotic)
Firmament (exotic)
Mavel (legendary)
CrimsonHero7 (rare) urg grinder that i just auto-quit against, but sooo want to slap his smug face for running OP OP urg.
Demongod (just to say i could-tier)

Others, i just forget to screencap but i know i beat them before. haha

Edit: added in DG. damn urgrant grinders.
Last edited by gabotheplaya on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 pm

I remember when i used to play on alts just to see the new starter's strength, to which people reacted with tons of insults mainly complaining that i bought cards when all i did was use the ones from lotto. -.-
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I remember when i used to play on alts just to see the new starter's strength, to which people reacted with tons of insults mainly complaining that i bought cards when all i did was use the ones from lotto. -.-

They're noobs for a reason.
Callonia

Postby VertuHonagan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 am

At Mysteryman:

May we get an arena for non competitive play that's not training arena but still allows us to play fun matches against other players?
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Callonia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:44 am

VertuHonagan wrote:At Mysteryman:

May we get an arena for non competitive play that's not training arena but still allows us to play fun matches against other players?

Seconded.
Callonia

Postby Romdeau » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 am

If it helps people feel more encouraged to play then why not?
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion