We Need an Active Mod

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: We Need an Active Mod

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 am

Having a community immersed mod didn't accomplish much the first time, I am not particularly confident it would do a second time either.

But I agree on the notion of considering a neutral mediator.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Spears » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 am

Whats the point of moderation when people just ignore any attempts either polite or forceful to ensure civility.
Spears

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 am

Shirozaki wrote:Having a community immersed mod didn't accomplish much the first time, I am not particularly confident it would do a second time either.

But I agree on the notion of considering a neutral mediator.

Exactly.

And i wonder why gon opened the thread when he would be the first to get banned. That if we did have a proper non-idiotic mod.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 am

Cause you, forgone, and meth would get banned if you kept acting the way you do.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:52 pm

There's nothing fun about being a mod.

You have to enforce some 'rules of conduct' and constantly guide conversations into a civilized one.
As mod you work as a mediator preventing discussions from escalating into flaming and trolling.... constantly correct the retards when they cross the verbal line... constantly point out the correct and wrong aproach to bring their point across, and chill a heated conversation... You must keep a lose atmosphere where people can joke around and be themselves, yet keep a clear line about what is and isn't tollerated.

The hardest task is to keep a pleasant enviroment for people with all different opinions. You want to create an enviroment where they can speak their mind, even if those opinions are dumb. You should protect that person from getting burried under the communities 'wrath' when it happens. Because Sht gets personal real fast and that's not what you like to see as a mod. Here on the internet you get flamed for every mistake, for every different opinion that doesn't match the majority. You are there to keep it civil.

Your actions you must also always be impartial as a representative of the company. Clearly distinct your personal opinion from a politically correct one. This doesn't mean you can't have a mind of your own (and speak it), but in your aproach you must make the difference clear and still let the person feel entitled to their own.

You also suddenly have to read through all the boring crap that gets posted (including guildsections and rival wars). Lame insults about who is better then who etc. Keep an eye out on things you really don't care about.

Man this brings back memories. :roll: If you think managing Alteil Forums is hard, try an active community of a competitive PvP MMORPG.
angelspawns

Postby Callonia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Moderators that will ban an person repeatedly that is committing ban evasion repeatedly.
Callonia

Postby AquasFire3 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Honestly people in alteil are childish(including me sometimes) and dont know when to stop arguing or insulting or whatever you want to call it.

So i say we do need some mods who are not part of the community.Because if they are the alteil community they will be to emotionally involved.
AquasFire3

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:26 pm

angelspawns wrote:There's nothing fun about being a mod.

Ya obviously you have an obligation ...

That's part of the definition. -.-
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:36 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Cause you, forgone, and meth would get banned if you kept acting the way you do.

Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

Are you going to stop trolling the forums any time soon gon?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Bump.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau