Hiding Levels

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Hiding Levels

Postby Urkredel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:19 am

VertuHonagan wrote:At Mysteryman:

May we get an arena for non competitive play that's not training arena but still allows us to play fun matches against other players?

that's tempting , but I feel it as a dangerous idea... it should be well thought.. for 2 main reasons

1- splitting the number of players in 2 is kinda suicidal in a really underpopulated enviroment as Alteil

2 - you have to consider that a "for fun" arena could be camped by meta players if they feel that's easy wins .. you should control the issue with a "rp treshold" but that could amplify the problem at point 1, if there are really few player in one arena and you can't enter the other because of the rp restriction... oh and it doesnt stop people from playing meta while under the rp requirements to quickly raise it up ...

just food for thoughts
Urkredel

Postby VertuHonagan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 am

Urkredel wrote:
VertuHonagan wrote:At Mysteryman:

May we get an arena for non competitive play that's not training arena but still allows us to play fun matches against other players?

that's tempting , but I feel it as a dangerous idea... it should be well thought.. for 2 main reasons

1- splitting the number of players in 2 is kinda suicidal in a really underpopulated enviroment as Alteil

2 - you have to consider that a "for fun" arena could be camped by meta players if they feel that's easy wins .. you should control the issue with a "rp treshold" but that could amplify the problem at point 1, if there are really few player in one arena and you can't enter the other because of the rp restriction... oh and it doesnt stop people from playing meta while under the rp requirements to quickly raise it up ...

just food for thoughts

In this kind of arena there would be no penalty for losses. If I fought a meta file I would just instantly surrender and search again for someone that wasn't using broken cards all match. I get tired of trying to run entertaining files against non stop meta crap. I just like to enjoy my ENTIRE collection. I like to enjoy ALL of the art. Not just the crap that gets spammed every single match. If I was truly into grinding(Which I'm not.) I would have made a meta file a long time ago and would have a high rp by now, but I just don't want to. That's not enjoyable to me to be forced to play something just because it's the only thing that has a chance to win. I actually want to have even matches with diverse files. Not uphill uneven battles every single game.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

Where the hell is lavato heroes?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

Staying on topic as usual.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am

Why quote me? Keep your sarcasm to yourself.

The topic went offtopic prior to my post.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 am

Happy?
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:14 am

I'm fine, thanks. How are you?

It would be nice of vertu to explain why high level automatically means competitive. :?
Maybe that's one of the many problematic misconceptions we need to get rid of first?
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby VertuHonagan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I don't judge anyone by level. Only by the cards that they play in game.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:23 pm

That's what RP is for, so they say.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

fargone wrote:Is there any chance this kindness will transpose onto people with low rp instead?

I only ask as this is often a better indicator of someone's understanding of play than level.

I only do it because they can get cards out of levelup choices, you already know that RP doesn't give out any usable prizes so I won't do it for low RP. Though, I gotta admit, being a low level and fighting someone over LV300 probably mean I'm in for a rough battle because they had more card choices than I had.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion