Stalling after loosing the Game

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Stalling after loosing the Game

Postby gadu » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 am

Pikery, did you or did you not stall me with your Big Red file tonight?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby skillll7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 am

Pikeru wrote:"The sand sitting on the ground is part of the area we decided on for this prearranged fight. So it's fine for me to throw it in my opponents eyes." This is an excuse, not a justification. Something being there is not inherent justification for its use, hence why police aren't allowed to shoot unarmed suspects. Try thinking of real reasoning in your next response please, not just excuses. For example: if your opponent plays one first, it's fine to then use yours as well as long as you never activate it against players who don't open that door themselves first. If you're fine with that one, I'll let you use it. Although, it would be ideal to not stoop to their level, this reason is at least acceptable.

When it's a no-holds-barred prearranged fight, and there's sand sitting on the ground, no one can use it.

The rules are in place for a reason, hence why the police aren't allowed to shoot unarmed suspects. However, since Alteil IS a no-holds-barred fight (thus there are no rules restricting card use), and the goal is winning, there's every reason for people to take every advantage they can get.
Just because the chair my opponent holds strikes harder than my fist, he can't use it. If he does, I'll run around for 5 minutes because he deserves to be irritated.

The above quote is basically what you've been saying all this time
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:23 pm

I already stated I prefer playing Falkow, I'm not certain why you would assume I'd be playing big red. Due to the imbalance in the format, like many others I stay away from Folrart except for what's necessary for events and as such haven't played in it since Wednesday. Since my words seem to be getting misconstrued, I'll make this simple. I do not condone stalling, there is no justification to use such a tactic against honest players. I also support the idea of a report abuse button with the inclusion of this option. I have merely been stating logical reasons as to why a player might choose to use this option. It's easy to forget there are multiple sides and I'm informing people to an additional side.
skillll7 wrote:However, since Alteil IS a no-holds-barred fight (thus there are no rules restricting card use), and the goal is winning, there's every reason for people to take every advantage they can get.

Winning by any means necessary, the end justifies the means. Imo, this sounds more like a player who might choose stalling when they are about to lose.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Wait wth?

One pays for a game and he wants to play it (obviously). Now if something with the game is bugged or wrong then it's the player's fault? Seriously get real.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Okay, first off: if someone is stalling, why not just open a new tab in your browser, go watch a youtube video for 3 minutes and check back after it's done? Second of all: stalling's just bad sportsmanship, but this can get particularly nasty during community tournaments when you have NO timer. I remember about two years ago, Frozenfvck stalled out on me until I had to go to a party. And if Alteil wants to be anywhere near legit, you gotta make sure that stalling's not part of the game.

I say just have a 1 minute initial increment, then 30 seconds between moves.
AqvasFire2

Postby Spears » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:00 am

Apologies to someone i think i may have done this to yesterday, closed the browser in a rush rather than hit logoff.
Spears

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau