New Starters and Small Errata

Ongoing Promotions and Events

New Starters and Small Errata

Postby Logress » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 am

As I mentioned, tomorrow is new starter day. So we all can be in front of a computer at the same time, despite being spread out at various family homes, the Apocoplay team will be putting up the new starters in the afternoon. We may do a short 20-30 minute maintenance to complete it.

Also, there will be two small erratas. The first involves some old 1 and 2 star cards that we buffed or added soul skills to (meaning they had no soul skills before) in order to make our vision of the new starters work smoothly. Also, due to feedback from new players (and randomly chosen TCG gamers who we felt would like the game), we wanted to add a little more art into the Gowen starter that would appeal to more general US gamers (meaning more monsters, generally). Nothing serious in the unit department (other than buffing the aforementioned 1 and 2 star cards), but we did take two cards with great art (Volcano Wyvern and Gaia anaconda specifically) but extremely low use soul skills and gave them better soul skills so we could include them without weakening the soul skill lineup. The original Gaia Anaconda soul skill was part of a cycle, so we didn't want to eliminate it. It was moved to Amazon (same set, same rarity), and amazon's will be moved to Highland Born Hunter (who had no soul skill). The original Volcano Wyvern soul skill was unique, but near-zero use. We might toss it onto a 1-star in Set 12 or something. NOTE: we only made changes to make the starters to work the way we wanted with the rarities we wanted. (We also wanted alternate versions for units and souls we liked, but felt were a little too complicated for new users.) We did not have any higher aims than that. So, for example, we added souls and buffed some cards in some colors, without buffing similarly needy others in other colors, since we didn't have use them for the starters. We will 'catch up' those other unbuffed commons the next time we do a 'full' errata.

The second errata will be a 'spike' hunting errata. No, I don't mean aggressive players, I mean 'spikes' in our card usage data. A lot of times, when running card usage, there are ups and downs in the graph, but a handful of cards will skyrocket above all the others, and only get worse over time. We want to 'clip' these spikes in the graph so they don't disrupt the game. These are for general game health, and are not intended to be a widespread balance change. I did one of these types erratas before, on Apoco-launch (I think it was Emana, harpist and Chaos anna). This time, our lucky winners are Super Verlaat, Super Miffyre, Phoenix Chick, Magic Doll Augmented, and Jewel of the Deep Sea.

In any case, tune in tomorrow for some excitement!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: New Starters and Small Errata

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:19 am

Mid Refess, off they go :)
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:22 am

Verlaat and phoenix chick? :(
WHY?!!

And lol doll augment. :? Meh. Hope she won't be rendered useless because that's about the only direction she can head towards with errata.

Miffere i can fully understand. She is utterly op the way she is now and imo she is what gives mid refess EXTREMELY easy wins. A kesseran on steroids.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby methebest » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Verlaat and phoenix chick? :(
WHY?!!

And lol doll augment. :? Meh. Hope she won't be rendered useless because that's about the only direction she can head towards with errata.

Miffere i can fully understand. She is utterly op the way she is now and imo she is what gives mid refess EXTREMELY easy wins. A kesseran on steroids.

yeah im a bit iffy on augument as she was only getting lots of play because of all the new players with set 11
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:55 am

And also she was getting lots of play because most lawtia level 3 units plain suck.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:57 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:And also she was getting lots of play because most lawtia level 3 units plain suck.

not gonna lie, this made me lol
Romdeau

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:And also she was getting lots of play because most lawtia level 3 units plain suck.

You must be joking :lol:
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby GuilleumeFG » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 am

idk why but something makes me think that refess is goig back to the "worse and useless" sphere state again...

AqvasFire2 wrote: poke yourself in the eye and do some special move!
GuilleumeFG

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 am

GuilleumeFG wrote:idk why but something makes me think that refess is goig back to the "worse and useless" sphere state again...

More like under-appreciated. The tribal rush is still a force to be reckoned with, especially Carbs. The fact that someone managed to use it to get a win-streak nearing 30-0 says something.
My VN Blog
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 am

GuilleumeFG wrote:idk why but something makes me think that refess is goig back to the "worse and useless" sphere state again...

Looks like it.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard