Small Errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Small Errata

Postby Dean » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm

What do you guys think of the new errata? Overall it look good except the part where they nerf Verlaat too much. You can already check the errata in the card list.

Good nerf of the chicks : close skill set def to 0. Its exactly the nerf I wanted!

Miffy is almost the same except her healing skill only heal 10. Never had problem with her but those who wanted her to be nerf badly will RAGEEEE!!!! lol

Perfect nerf for Augmented Doll : Now her close skill does only 40 vs atk +10. So its still good but nerf the OD combo. But IMHO the HP nerf (now 30) wasn't necessary and should give her 40 hp back.

I don't know all the cards that have been buff but for now Efreet look very cool, especially its open skill :) I wish he didn't have an 1 sp auto skill tough...
Last edited by Dean on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean

Re: Small Errata

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Junk errata IMO.

Phoenix chick: still doesn't solve the problem that it more or less auto-wins vs. single units, no ands ifs or buts about it, and is still max HP resistant on close. Yes, rush will have an easier time taking it down since it's now HP 30 instead of HP 80, but only marginally so. Perfect nerf would have been setting it to lvl 7.

Verlaat: still Refess Bringer that makes guardian into an absurd tank. +5/+5 on open+start buff loss? What a joke. The max HP will still kill anything that mid refess has a hard time dealing with (read: not bigs).
Miffyre: LOLOLOLOL. Yes, because we know that an action skill that might get used one out of every 4 games is the problem! Ahahaha! This just goes to show the testing team is completely out of touch.

MD augment: yes, let's make the matches against defense-heavy mids even worse. And what the hell was with the HP nerf? Once again, want to kill metas? Nerf the setup unit.
Jewel: the SP+2 next turn was enough to decouple it from mediator SS. But the SP=0 completely killed it. Back to buncle/Cath->mof we go, or if Urgrant, some sort of quick rapier variant into MD support with afeemina SS.

Overall:
Mid Refess junk got nerfed in basically edge cases, while MD augment and jewel got trashed. Anyone depending on jewel open with mediator to get a quick jump now has more issues to deal with in the same 25 card file, and anyone looking to set up with MD augment just got ROFL'd at.

Counterplay options: even more limited now.

Overall: testing team, this is a shamefur dispray. Commit sudoku.
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:35 pm

You know, you can still activate PoM with jewel.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:36 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Miffyre: LOLOLOLOL.

Overall: testing team, this is a shamefur dispray. Commit sudoku.

This is a mature way to discuss things?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:40 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Overall: testing team, this is a shamefur dispray. Commit sudoku.

I'll vote you for president if you run for whatever country i'll be living in when there's going to be an election in which you participate. @_@
(why not say sepuku instead of sudoku? haha)

Phoenix chick, hm whatever, don't care much

Verlaat: pointless nerf, but whatever @_@, don't care much

Miff: wtf ... seriously .............................................................................................................
read the conclusion of Jesse Ventura's post, afterwards read this: WTF?, then read the conclusion of Jesse Ventura's post all over again few hundred times!

MD augment: congratz! utter mess up on the card and it still needs to be disengaged ... sigh!

Jewel, well whatever. :/

But seriously that miff change was OBVIOUSLY WRONG!
And killing MD is bad mainly for free and low spending player. People will wake up and complain about this when it's too late.
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Icyman2 wrote:You know, you can still activate PoM with jewel.

Do you or do you not see the you get sp=0 part of it? As in, the next turn, you lose any SP that you got with an SP SS this turn.

And mature way to discuss things, Carl? Try this: you want a mature way of discussing things? How about including a player that's actually shown success playing files in Folrart, instead of a bunch of second rate players that have yet to set any sort of meaningful record. And yes, I am talking about me. 2217 is no fluke, no matter how much Fargone says it was just grinding. And on top of that, I have more data analysis skills in my two index fingers than the rest of the testing team has combined (MS stats, do this professionally?).

Here's a mature question:

Why does management expect anyone to pay tens to hundreds (even thousands) of dollars for this game when the cards they spend time and money to acquire can just be taken away from them at the whim of a tiny group of individuals who have neither data analysis skills nor playing expertise? When someone buys M:tG cards, what's printed on that card isn't going to suddenly be gone. Something that costs 4 mana isn't suddenly going to cost 5 mana. Something that was a 6/2 isn't going to become a 4/2.

In conclusion: you know what makes a good data scientist? 3 factors:

A) math skills
B) hacking skills
C) domain expertise.

Nobody on the testing team has a combination of those three more than I do. That's just a freaking fact. Sure, you might have one arguably better player (maybe Rom...maybe. And he hasn't played for a long time), but when it comes to data analysis and asking the right questions, the testing team is clearly incompetent, and it's shown time and time and time again, with the removal of counterplay options, with the imbalance of sphere play, with the refusal to let meta settle, with the demands that there be predetermined matches time and time again...

You want a mature discussion? Why don't you guys come clean and admit that the testing team is a far cry from MtG's group of experienced game designers and pro tour winners, and that you people can use all the help you can get, rather than exclude anyone willing to volunteer?
AqvasFire2

Postby shadowsketch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:Overall: testing team, this is a shamefur dispray. Commit sudoku.

I'll vote you for president if you run for whatever country i'll be living in when there's going to be an election in which you participate. @_@
(why not say sepuku instead of sudoku? haha)

It is very dishonrabble you don't know this (but for real it's an internet meme, check it out here: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/shamefur-dispray)

Here's my thoughts:

Jewel of the Deep Sea - Only thing this nerf really does is shut down Mediator of the S&M openings. Just have to use that spare 1/2 SP on turn 2 before Collapsing. And you can still do the same tricks pre-nerf with it and Shvara +3 SP in the first SS, something to try.

Phoenix Chick - Agree with the nerfs, much easier to kill due to DF resetting and HP going to 30 rather than 90. Also would've liked the close skill to be renamed to "I can't control it!", but oh well.

MD Augment - Don't understand the HP nerf, but as a Refess player I'm glad that it can't kill my guardian with overdose anymore. As a Lawtia player I'm saddened.

Verlaat Bringer - I like how the Claevolg skill was changed to be purely based on how many friendly units there are, tired of seeing dumb tricks with Angry Mob. Seems a bit more fair and less auto-win.

Mama Miff - Who cares about the action skill, just stay in the kitchen and generate those SPs for me baby girl. Big daddy Sphinx needs them to Repatriate.

Efreet - Dare I say I like him more than Bringer? A bit more SP intensive, but he can actually fight back through rushes. Definitely giving him a try.
shadowsketch

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:57 pm

You are right in that you are highly qualified, however you're seriously lacking in communication, personal, and teamwork skills.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:00 pm

LOL Dark Phoenix :XD:. Except Jean would be Gowen or Falkow (depending on if you view her more as fire or psychic)

And with Jewel, you can't use it with any SP gen SS since it drains all your SP next turn. That's the backbreaker.
AqvasFire2

Postby NitroDino » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:06 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:LOL Dark Phoenix :XD:. Except Jean would be Gowen or Falkow (depending on if you view her more as fire or psychic)

And with Jewel, you can't use it with any SP gen SS since it drains all your SP next turn. That's the backbreaker.

It doesn't drain SP, turn 2 you only need to spend the 2 SP that is easily done by playing tidal and putting your falkow level to 4. It first sets your SP to 0 then the SS triggers.
NitroDino

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion