Gaiessoul Open Set All Spheres to 0

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Gaiessoul Open Set All Spheres to 0

Postby Shadow1798 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

yamyam wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Hell no! It's fine as it is. Why complain about this when return is running rampant?

It's still not 1 sp with limier. Limier gives lawtia level 3. It costs 2 SP that way. Gaysoul open costs 1 SP too and she is level 4.

Also considering it is getting spammed as a combo, the opponent looses 6 LP. If the opponent can get away so easily with loosing that 6 LP so loosely then your deck might be bad in folrart anyway.

Actually that guy hid limier behind phoenix chick, then let him die if he needs to remove something with gaiessoul. didnt see his whole file, but it was some kind of milling file, with chaos absorption and refugee. shvara 1st ss, so yes, he can afford that 6lp.

No offense, but that sounds absurdly hilarious and awesome. idk why you'd wanna take that away from that guy.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:11 pm

IMO gaiessoul is really powerful. I don't think she really needs the -1 lp added to her skill that kills someone anyways. i think her open shouldn't target a level 4... because she is a level 4 herself right? maybe it should only get rid of a level 3? I guess check on chaos Noze to see how to balance her open.

some games vs current OP augment OD doll file and I would be on the verge of winning, but late game merc death followed by a 4 agi killing machine that eats lp too totally wins games for the enemy :p

maybe I should just make that file too? lol
ErnnLaties

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Let's make this easier:
Proxy, mini proxy gives 4 sphere and 1 sp (for your main sphere). Then gaiessoul open takes away 1 sphere and cems TARGET level 4 or lower. So with a little setup from great proxy units (limier and animus), you get a once a game (which faytis is usually) target cem (lose a copy) a level 4, which utility wise is much much more useful than faytis. In fact, you get to use him almost every game, (rather than faytis who is only good vs some matchps).
Icyman2

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Let's make this easier:
Proxy, mini proxy gives 4 sphere and 1 sp (for your main sphere). Then gaiessoul open takes away 1 sphere and cems TARGET level 4 or lower. So with a little setup from great proxy units (limier and animus), you get a once a game (which faytis is usually) target cem (lose a copy) a level 4, which utility wise is much much more useful than faytis. In fact, you get to use him almost every game, (rather than faytis who is only good vs some matchps).

Except unless you're playing augments, Gaiessoul is completely useless as a unit, unlike Faytis, who sticks around whacking things for 30 damage. Also, Gaiessoul does not generate an SP advantage like Faytis does. You spend 4 spheres and 1 SP to remove target level 4. You lose: 5 SP (counting spheres), opponent loses 4 SP. And that's assuming they kill Gaiessoul, because otherwise you have 4 spheres locked up into a unit sitting around doing nothing, and you lost 1 SP and 4 spheres already.

And your point about Gow/Lawt is pure theoretical BS until I see you (or anyone for that matter) make a half-decent Gow/Lawt that doesn't just take it up the rear the moment someone tries to disrupt it.
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 pm

It's 0 sp if you use a proxy and mini proxy. It helps to use your fingers.
Icyman2

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Icyman2 wrote:It's 0 sp if you use a proxy and mini proxy. It helps to use your fingers.

Yes I'm aware of them. And while the mid ref complaint may be valid (may), the gow/lawt one most certainly is not.
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 am

Well Icyman is correct regarding the cost. If you go last-gowen you basically get a free 1sp merc death. Although I'd be careful about what you call "free." For example it requires you to delay the onset of your file by doing the proxy mini proxy open - which takes time and set up.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:33 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well Icyman is correct regarding the cost. If you go last-gowen you basically get a free 1sp merc death. Although I'd be careful about what you call "free." For example it requires you to delay the onset of your file by doing the proxy mini proxy open - which takes time and set up.

Theoretical bullsh!t. Lawt/Gowen needs all the help it can get. It has absolutely nothing with which to deal with anything that A) can regenerate (EN/Undead) B) tank it (Refess) C) move faster than Awakened Esria (diamond carbuncle, SK0 buffed by SK3, elite fencer, Emana, blade wyvern) D) drain its SP.

Does someone really want to tell me that it's worth going two turns behind to set up a Gaiessoul you may not even need to use?
AqvasFire2

Postby Pikeru » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Callonia wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Eh, is it really that bad to have a mini merc death available to every sphere?

Should be awesome with Urgant. :roll:

There's a merc death for refess, gowen, and falkow?

Yup, it's name is Assassin and it does 2 things Gaiessoul doesn't. Kill lvl5+ and generate overwhelming sp advantage. Don't get me wrong, Gaiessoul is probably a bit too strong, especially in Augs, but Assassin completely outclasses it.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Currently 3 of the top 4 rp players are using 1 copy gaiessoul in a multisphere file. Clearly something is wrong.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau