Small Errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Small Errata

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm

NitroDino wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:LOL Dark Phoenix :XD:. Except Jean would be Gowen or Falkow (depending on if you view her more as fire or psychic)

And with Jewel, you can't use it with any SP gen SS since it drains all your SP next turn. That's the backbreaker.

It doesn't drain SP, turn 2 you only need to spend the 2 SP that is easily done by playing tidal and putting your falkow level to 4. It first sets your SP to 0 then the SS triggers.

Yes, you're going to play tidal on a freaking shade.

What was (maybe) needed was to decouple this unit from mediator SS. Instead, you can't do Jewel lost tome detonate to activate owl sage and drop deep squid on turn 3. You can't activate PoM SS with it. Shvara SS but that's freaking Shvara SS. In other words, there's basically no reason to use it above buncle mof anymore. Period. See, this is the difference between good balance (edge case of mediator SS preventing turn 3 level 3) and complete destruction of a valid opening.

And then we wonder why a game with great gameplay and the best art in a CCG/TCG aside from MtG can't get off the ground.

Crap like this would be why.
AqvasFire2

Postby fargone » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:15 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:You are right in that you are highly qualified, however you're seriously lacking in communication, personal, and teamwork skills.

GonFreeces31 wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:Miffyre: LOLOLOLOL.

Overall: testing team, this is a shamefur dispray. Commit sudoku.

This is a mature way to discuss things?

No, I don't believe being a forum troll and personally insulting someone without actually making any statements yourself is a mature way to discuss things at all. Gon, you should reprimand yourself, lest others do it for you.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:22 pm

fargone wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:You are right in that you are highly qualified, however you're seriously lacking in communication, personal, and teamwork skills.

GonFreeces31 wrote:
AqvasFire2 wrote:Miffyre: LOLOLOLOL.

Overall: testing team, this is a shamefur dispray. Commit sudoku.

This is a mature way to discuss things?

No, I don't believe being a forum troll and personally insulting someone without actually making any statements yourself is a mature way to discuss things at all. Gon, you should reprimand yourself, lest others do it for you.

I didn't say anything out of line. You need to get a life dude. What the hell is your problem anyway? You've been doing nothing but whining and ranting for years now. You bring just about every thread down by getting into these constant personal attacks. It's bad for the game.

Grow up.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:24 pm

You should talk with more respect to fargone and address him with Sir, you ignorant prick (gon).
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, it's a little frustrating that despite being highly qualified, that I'm never listened to? Does my abrasiveness reduce my qualifications at all? Nope. See, I can pinpoint the problems pretty quickly, since on AA's account, I can play all spheres. I have seen basically every side of the game there is to see, Gon. Yes, I have my tastes for playing an aggressive, offensive, bring-the-action file since I won't have to just sit there hitting rest on several units for 10 turns in a row (Falkow) or seeing a gazillion start buffs go off (Refess). But when it comes to playing things, I've been there, done that. Why can I not design a single meta, then? Because no matter what file I try to build, I try to cover all the matches, and that's paralyzing, because no matter what I try to build, it's going to be a case of "herp derp, you lose because of X, and there ain't crap you can do about it."

And I'm not listened to, even though for several years, I was explaining why what is going on is detrimental to creating an environment in which players feel that they have a chance at competing in more matches. The only silver lining to a loss is to feel that you could have won if you'd just played this or that differently. When your 25 cards simply can't cover that match, there's no "what did I learn?" feeling at the end. There are no facepalm worthy moments to look back on. There's nothing of that nature. There's just "oh herp derp another bad match", and the way bad matches happen is when you have a bunch of cards only good in certain situations that no matter how you assemble 25 cards, you're going to have crap matchups.

For instance, take a look at the card Broken Virus. Essentially, she's a 50 HP, 50 damage, 3 agility unit. She puts just about any undead to shame, with the one balancing factor that there's nothing but other junk mikus that work with her. She's pretty freaking amazing as far as units go. Yet, she doesn't spike up on the usage statistics. Why? Simple: because not many people have her, and you can't point card her.

As for communication/personal/teamwork skills--I get my point across plenty fine. If I were listened to, that'd be one thing, and we wouldn't need to go back to "why the testing team stinks" time and time again. But when Logress promised me in person that Jack wouldn't be nerfed and then nerfs him twice? Am I really supposed to act like a kind little care bear?

All I'd like for this game is an opportunity to play a decent meta of any style and have a competitive match against any other meta. Yet all of the errata has gone towards making that more and more impossible (already it is, you even acknowledge it). Yet I'm not listened to.

Why the heck should I speak softly, when that's shown time and again not to work?
AqvasFire2

Postby shadowsketch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:32 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:LOL Dark Phoenix :XD:. Except Jean would be Gowen or Falkow (depending on if you view her more as fire or psychic)

And with Jewel, you can't use it with any SP gen SS since it drains all your SP next turn. That's the backbreaker.

You get the reference :).

Right now the problem with Jewel is that the wording is ambiguous. Right now you interpreted it as the SP = 0 and SP +2 as both happening in the next turn. However, I hopped into training mode, did a quick run with a first SS SP + 2, and it turns out that the SP = 0 happens on the turn Jewel Collapses, not the next turn. So you can still get a ridiculous amount of SP on turn 3 .
shadowsketch

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:35 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Why the heck should I speak softly, when that's shown time and again not to work?

Well why don't you bring it up with logress and romdeau? They're the ones in charge around here.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:37 pm

shadowsketch wrote:

You get the reference :).

Right now the problem with Jewel is that the wording is ambiguous. Right now you interpreted it as the SP = 0 and SP +2 as both happening in the next turn. However, I hopped into training mode, did a quick run with a first SS SP + 2, and it turns out that the SP = 0 happens on the turn Jewel Collapses, not the next turn. So you can still get a ridiculous amount of SP on turn 3 .

Right, so kiss turn 3 deep squid goodbye (t4 if shaded).

And it isn't like opening level 2 vs. Falkow is suddenly viable again, either.

Would be nice if it set SP=1.

GonzoCarl wrote:Well why don't you bring it up with logress and romdeau? They're the ones in charge around here.

Because Romdeau is explicitly not in charge. And when I brought it up with Logress about putting me on the testing team, he hewed and hawed about how he needed someone different, for whatever freaking reason. Yet you guys have clearly been doing a crappy job, by your own admission of too many predetermined matches in the counterplay thread.
AqvasFire2

Postby ZeroX1999 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Where do you check the changes? I have tried looking at the errata and it only shows up to set 7.
ZeroX1999

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:51 pm

ZeroX1999 wrote:Where do you check the changes? I have tried looking at the errata and it only shows up to set 7.

Search on card list. I'll list them:

Nix chick: action skill sets Hp to 30, lvl -1, and aoe, instead of HP 80. DF=0 on close.
Verlaat: atk to 25, action skill is friendlies x20 instead of atk+friendlies x15 and only heals 10 instead of 20, start is +10 atk instead of +15 atk/+5
Miff: heal action skill 20->10 (LOL)

MD augment: HP 40->30 (testers suck) and close = 40 dmg instead of atk +10 (aug sorc can suck it at least)
Jewel of deep sea: sets your SP = 0 for this turn, then next turn you get SP +2. AKA forget turn 3 deep squid, and forget any 3 SP swing SS (mediator/pom, you can use shvara, but then you'd need 11 more LP in 4 SSs).
AqvasFire2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion