How relevant or irrelevant should the errata changes be?

User suggestions to improve the game

How relevant or irrelevant should the errata changes be?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Straight to the subject: i found the recent errata changes insubstantial

Phoenix chick and verlaat erratas didn't have that much of an impact, of which i am really happy and glad. The skills that i most treasure about these two cards didn't get touched! THANK YOU ALTEIL IN THAT REGARD!

But when it comes to cards like lvl 4 miffere i really have to wonder if the errata shouldn't be more remarkable, important, of more value in such a case. I think this is where it really mattered. See lvl 4 miffere totally tops the following cards:
- weissvogel - she has that conditional of morning only
- lvl 1 miff - gives opponent also SP
- energizer bunny - it has it as an actionskill, which is sort of bad, but that's the only skill he has anyway
- mad priest - this guy clearly is on drugs and that's why he's loosing HP

In all of the above cases the SP generation (or SP drain) is the only skill the card has anyway, but miffere does NOT ONLY take this to the next level and totally outclasses them in sp manipulation, but also has that actionskill (it's not that much anymore but can still achieve a lot) and the STRONG startskill which BLOCKS all level 1s from both files, sure that can be a backdraw, but since when does refess rely that much on level 1s anyway?
Fact is that you will more like want to block undine/sylph + AGI dependant return SS or succubus+rats than rely on a card like wisp.

Oh and BKA hahaha! That's a really funny one. It went from completely useless to vanilla level. Oh well it's at least useful at beginner level (maybe).
It might be good news for a new player, but for the overall meta and for folrart it's really an unimportant change and that's where it's at. Card buffs should matter. One should be able to notice great thought put into the changes, which is impossible with insufficiently strong changes.

Ridiculous oddities of this errata:
Jewel is one of those nerfs that i also don't care about. I mean heh so what? All that was really done is completely eliminate strategies that would have relied on it later on in the game and some of the early strategies. It still totally boosts falkow openings to kill level 2-3 rushes with ease which means the nerf is as good as not even there.
Also the SP drain backdraw mainly destroys big falkow which is an unnecessary and irrelevant thing to do.
Maybe this change is sort of important, but only in destroying some falkow builds we didn't get to see yet. It's really a messed up change.

Substantial changes:
magic doll augment - but it was on the wrong card, the nerf basically neutered this barbie, tho it used to be a great unit. I have no hope for it ever being good again.

It's the only relevant change because it's what made a meta card into a non-meta card (yes it's bad but it's a substantial change) and that's where it's at in this game. How competitively playable is a card.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: How relevant or irrelevant should the errata changes be?

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Inb4 DG post.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:14 pm

A positive contribution?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm just glad they didn't get put on the guillotine block. After all they once considered nerfing the veteran folrart paladin before nerfing bringer at all.

While i'm at it, this thread is in a wrong place, it should be in general discussion. After all, it isn't really a suggestion.
Callonia

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:40 pm

And we can see where Callonia's bias lies.

IMO Refess didn't take it on the chin hard enough. Miffles is still every bit as unprecedented an SP generator as before, Verlaat is still "buff your army like crazy, then zzark one thing to death every turn", Phoenix chick is still "LOL bigs, GTFO plzkthx".

The jewel nerf made it completely useless thanks to the SP=0 skill. What the hell do you do when your opponent goes t1 shade now? Tidal the shade? Really? Or do you just eat the 1 SP loss on turn 2 when you pop it, if all you need is Falkow 4, or sink it into another sphere, even though you have enough ways of generating said other sphere anyway? Might as well go back to buncle mof. Jewel was good because it at least dodged t1 shade and gave you a bit of SP with which to fight off Lawt (you'd still eat t3 shade but that's the breaks).

The MD augment close was a buff to refess plain and simple. All that needed to happen was to remove the refund on overdose, which went on the doll anyway, and will still go on the doll because she's the only augment that does extra damage thanks to a close skill. Now you just didn't allow it to one-shot guardian, when Lawtia already had severe issues with Refess to begin with.

All in all, a complete errata fail.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Callonia wrote:I'm just glad they didn't get put on the guillotine block. After all they once considered nerfing the veteran folrart paladin before nerfing bringer at all.

While i'm at it, this thread is in a wrong place, it should be in general discussion. After all, it isn't really a suggestion.

It is. Suggesting to adjust the relevance of the nerf and buffs accordingly to the cards. @_@
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:13 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:The skills that i most treasure about these two cards didn't get touched! THANK YOU ALTEIL IN THAT REGARD!

You're welcome.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LDEvolution » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 am

Am I the only one who cares about Augmented and its contribution to a MD file?

Seriously nerfing its close skill is fine and all but the drop in HP is just asking for dolls to need to compensate for yet another LV3 unit with low HP, a better choice would've been nerfing Overdose and not the MD since MD lately has been doing horribly against alot of files in folrart.
LDEvolution

Postby Muklas » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:53 am

LDEvolution wrote:Am I the only one who cares about Augmented and its contribution to a MD file?

Seriously nerfing its close skill is fine and all but the drop in HP is just asking for dolls to need to compensate for yet another LV3 unit with low HP, a better choice would've been nerfing Overdose and not the MD since MD lately has been doing horribly against alot of files in folrart.

I feel your pain, bud, I've been staring at my dolls and wondering if Overdose is still worth or whetever I should replace her with MD Undead.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:58 am

AqvasFire2 wrote:And we can see where Callonia's bias lies.

Because I know you are biased against refess so therefore thinking logically, if an errata on refess pisses dg off, it meant it is good errata. It got me to spend money on this game again. As a way to tell logress, good job.
Callonia

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau