Small Errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Small Errata

Postby fargone » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:30 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I didn't say anything out of line. You need to get a life dude. What the hell is your problem anyway? You've been doing nothing but whining and ranting for years now. You bring just about every thread down by getting into these constant personal attacks. It's bad for the game.

Grow up.

I didn't say anything out of line.

Wake up to yourself and stop making person attacks against me, troll. Get a life and stop spamming our forums with your incessant trolling. You are bringing the entire community down.

See my signature and consider how it applies to this thread.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Godric » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:06 pm

well, here's my thoughts on the changes I've seen so far:
Verlaat: I agree, he was kinda overpowered for what he did, and the taking 5atk and 5 df away from his start makes his buffs a little more manageble for the opponent. He's still got his perma 10 DF open. I feel the main change is to his action skill. It'd be much harder to pull off now that it doesn't use his atk, and while Mid Ref can get a decent number of units on the field, it's not so much a 1 hit kill to anything anymore. If you disrupt the field early, it's now much harder to snowball with Verlaat. Overall, I think this was a good nerf and he's still viable.

Miffy: Yeah, I run Mid Ref commonly, and her action skill is not something I use often. I pretty much only used it for the heal though, so now that it's diminished a little, it might be a little harder to use. But overall, I think this nerf will be hardly noticed. But I can see why they haven't done much with her. Her whole point is her free SP generation, and if you take that away or nerf that aspect of her she's going to be a completely differnt unit, and nerfing her health (which I imagine a lot of people would like to see) could make her far too frail for a lvl 4 with agi 1.

Augmented Doll: I like the nerf to her close, limiting it to a flat 40 dmg, because she was really dangerous combined with OD. Still, the -10 Max HP was a bit out of nowhere. I can understand 30HP on Mobility, because she's a rng 2 unit, but Augmented is still limited to the front line. Maybe because of her close she gives the impression she's designed to die quickly, but because she's on 4 agi, there's a good chance it won't even work, unless you activate with a grim (such as OD).
Long story short, like the flat 40 dmg, but not too keen on the 30 HP.

Jewel: An interesting nerf to it's close, and yes I can see how it removes the Mediator combo (just a little disapointed I didn't get to try that before the combo was nerfed :P) I've used Jewel previously, and I can see that some uses will still be the same. It's a little more restricting with the SP=0 effect, but you'll still have at least 4 SP on your next turn, likely with 4 or higher sphere lvls, which can get you your big unit out fast. Good nerf in my opinion.

Haven't seen much of the new starters, or which of the 1* and 2* cards that have changed. Though from what I have seen:

Bear Killing Axeman: Dual axe-wielder, you might be on your way out. 50 Atk and 70 HP on rankup is pretty significant, and adding his trait to heal 15 on a kill makes him a formiddible opponent early game, and there's a lot of lvl 3's he can one shot, and a number of higher lvl units he could take out with a 100 dmg charge.
You really can't make those bear Killing Axeman jokes anymore. He is certainly a bit of a brute now.

Efreet: half a fire arrow on open is already pretty significant, even if you have to spend the extra SP to do it. I'm a little iffy about the 1SP auto, that could be a drain, and vs any field DF (such as almost any Refess file) the damage could be halved or nullified completely, and you're 1 SP down for it. His Action though looks brutal. 20 Dmg per Gowen lvl will likely deal at least 100 damage, as you would've had at least lvl 5 to play him. Efreet looks highly SP intensive, so he's definately a late-game unit, but if you've got the SP he's going to be brutal, both against single targets and against a field of squishies.

I don't know what other changes there are so far. I remember hearing that some of the units that didn't have any SS would be getting them, but I don't think I've seen any changes in that department yet.
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 pm

fargone wrote:

You might want to check out anger management classes considering most of your posts this past month have been angry rants directed at me. That's not healthy.

Seriously, what is your problem? You're acting like a child again.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Gon, what's Fargone's problem? That you decided to crown yourself king because you got into a second-rate PhD in program in some fuzzy-ass subject because you were too scared of math/programming and now crown yourself some sort of arbiter of analysis. At least that's what I think he sees. You've become a polarizing lightning rod (well hey, at least I'm not the center of attention anymore).

Now as for your "he's not bad, he's just creative for not spamming metas!", I call Bravo Sierra.

Pluu was creative. Inigo was creative. Khalida was creative. There have been quite a few iczers that have played in the past that put together files that only they could use and won with them. So when you go and preach creativity, cut me a break. Callonia is not Pluu, Inigo, Khalida, or any of those players that created the original metas. And see, that is the mark of a true creative player--they create something that sticks--they create something that wins. You want to talk about creativity? One of the WK variants in the circle metas is one a version of the WK file I ran back in set 7 alongside Gowen Fierte.

And see, when people talk about balance, there has to be a prerequisite to it--they actually have to be able to win. It's easy to be on the receiving end of a meta and get your face smashed in. It's a lot harder to take said meta, and win so much that you can make an honest case for its imbalance, and that means going through the rough spots and seeing just how badly it can perform in certain situations. See, I don't complain about mid refess solar kingdom because I got trounced by it--I lost a couple of times to it, and aside from icyman making an excellent read on my shelby song once, when I lost against Dean, I remember clearly screwing up by not playing death's embrace on a certain turn, which would have won me the game instead. I'm complaining about solar kingdom mid ref because I myself played it to some pretty reliable wins. But guess what? Quite a few of those games were BORING.

Citizens charity miffles guardian judie stomp stomp stomp. Did it get close a couple of times? Yep. One time, I had to have Phoenix chick bail me out against Catira. Another time, it was a close one vs. orks, and another was a close one vs. buncles. Fair enough. But most of the time, it's just a "plop one ref unit, plop another ref unit, watch blue numbers for ten minutes, win". As frustrating and boring as it is to go against it, it's every bit as boring to play it. Now I realize I don't speak for everyone, and some people like slow-rolling games. But they're in the minority, and the rest of us shouldn't have to be subjected to it.

And what I mean is this concept of anti-fun. And that requires its own thread. But for the moment, it'll suffice to say that I hate refess as a whole because aside from Ref Warriors (and even those), the entire Refess sphere is about setting up a snowball that just bowls over your opponent, who can do nothing against it, or to fail to set up said snowball, and just get rolled. There's very little in between, unlike all the other spheres. So Refess can indeed go to hell, because until there's a dynamic, aggressive, fun way to play that sphere, the rest of us should be spared the boredom of doing something less fun than watching water boil.
AqvasFire2

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:37 pm

The only question I have is why was Chaos Annarose not considered a "spike" card?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 pm

She already got her nerf. She's actually fine now since you can't just gain an SP advantage by cycling her and activating soul skills while you wear down your opponent with 80 damage at agi 4 every turn until you can get two of them to stick and land the third while building up 1 SP per turn. That was actually a fairly decent change IMO.
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

lol DG is mad and my solar kingdom decks isn't really all about snowballing, only some of them lulz.

U see, this might be shocking ot you but they can win without snowballing its just not preferred way for most people.
Last edited by Callonia on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Any confirmation that the new starter cards are in the FM lotto?

AqvasFire2 wrote: shamefur dispray
Did you know that voice actor actually got an award for best voice acting somewhere in a video gaming award show?

shadowsketch wrote:Phoenix Chick - Agree with the nerfs, much easier to kill due to DF resetting and HP going to 30 rather than 90. Also would've liked the close skill to be renamed to "I can't control it!", but oh well.
JEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Callonia wrote:lol DG is mad and my solar kingdom decks isn't really all about snowballing, only some of them lulz.

U see, this might be shocking ot you but they can win without snowballing its just not preferred way for most people.

Except RP says you're a bad player. So your words are meaningless to a discussion on balance.
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyglare » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Except RP says you're a bad player. So your words are meaningless to a discussion on balance.

Now hold on, Michael Jordan is one of the best basketball players of all time but he's definitely not the best basketball coach.

And the reverse is true

Those football coach don't look like they can take a hit of anything yet they coach football (and don't get me started on gymnastic coaches haha)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion