New Starters

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: New Starters

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Refess Starter:
- Boy Combat Priest, Close Skill added (?)
- Phoenix, Soul Skill changed

Gowen Starter:
- Volcano Wyvern, Soul Skill changed
- Gaia Anaconda, Soul Skill changed (?)
- Bear-Killing Axeman, Trait added, Rankup added
- Fire Storm Wyvern, Auto Skill added
- Samurai Girl, something changed I think... more newbie-friendly
- Efreet, Reworked

Lawtia Starter:
Nothing changed I think? Though other than two zug, it's a solid file

Falkow Starter:
- Eagle Soldier, Soul Skill changed
- Deep Squid, Soul Skill changed

Anything else? Starter files look solid. The only complaints I have are two zugs (lolwut?) in Lawtia starter and the non-existing rapier fencer in Falkow starter. A shame, since falkow has that awesome withdrawal strategy. But on the other hand, it got sweeping tidalwave...
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 pm

InfernityFan wrote:Refess Starter:
- Boy Combat Priest, Close Skill added (?)
- Phoenix, Soul Skill changed

Gowen Starter:
- Volcano Wyvern, Soul Skill changed
- Gaia Anaconda, Soul Skill changed (?)
- Bear-Killing Axeman, Trait added, Rankup added
- Fire Storm Wyvern, Auto Skill added
- Samurai Girl, something changed I think... more newbie-friendly
- Efreet, Reworked

Lawtia Starter:
Nothing changed I think? Though other than two zug, it's a solid file

Falkow Starter:
- Eagle Soldier, Soul Skill changed
- Deep Squid, Soul Skill changed

Anything else? Starter files look solid. The only complaints I have are two zugs (lolwut?) in Lawtia starter and the non-existing rapier fencer in Falkow starter. A shame, since falkow has that awesome withdrawal strategy. But on the other hand, it got sweeping tidalwave...

lawtia didn't have an janus, nor a hell smoke nor a skelly archer ... etc
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Hmm... but I actually used Volcano Wyvern's SS before for Underdog (it did 30 dmg to one unit in each row), they could have put Colossal Beetle for that SS they have now :/

Two quick questions: Can you FM lotto the new starter cards/old starter cards?
Does the switcher remove your old starter?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:04 am

Yes to both questions Icyglare. I really miss my two copies of Dalos. :cry: Now I only have one total x_x.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby InfernityFan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:lawtia didn't have an janus, nor a hell smoke nor a skelly archer ... etc

I only list the buffs I noticed :)

Icyglare wrote:Hmm... but I actually used Volcano Wyvern's SS before for Underdog (it did 30 dmg to one unit in each row), they could have put Colossal Beetle for that SS they have now :/

Two quick questions: Can you FM lotto the new starter cards/old starter cards?
Does the switcher remove your old starter?

Maybe you are right, my memory is kinda hazy about Volcano Wyvern.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 am

Boy Combat Priest had that close skill before this errata.

Anyway, here are the new starter files:

Removed: 1 Kesaran Pasaran, 1 disarmament, 1 blessing, 3 folrart dual-wielding soldier, 2 griffin, 3 blessed acolyte, 3 folrart lady paladin,
Added: 3 Folrart Guardian, 3 sunlight knight, 1 light magic archer, 3 folrart unicorn knight, 3 folrart charge knight, 1 bond with the fallen

The refess starter actually has some synergy now, with several buffing opportunities and some combo potential going on. Folrart spear knight is an awful unit though, I kinda wished they removed him and maybe added some more grims. Only one copy of light magic archer also seems a bit weird.

Removed: 2 femiel, 1 flanking attack, 3 rapier fencer of regus, 3 mermaid soldier, 2 song sorceress, 2 wizard archer of regus, 1 frozen lance
Added: 2 Mystere (3* version), 2 owl sage, 3 elite fencer of regus, 1 withdrawal strategy, 1 tidal wave, 2 undine, 3 pirate crewman.

Pirate crewman seems like an odd choice, but other than that pretty solid additions. Looks like an actual falkow control file instead of the mess that was going on before.

Removed: 2 Dalos, 3 Shade Soldier, 2 leonardo, 1 night soul, 3 revenant, 3 magic doll, 1 lilith, 1 animated dead, 1 haste assassin, 1 flesh recycle, 1 life conversion, 1 soul bind, 3 moonlight warrior

Added: 2 Zugaterosa, 3 hellsmoke, 3 skeleton archer, 3 janus, 3 crest halberd soldier, 3 lycan magic doll, 1 consuming grudge, 1 succubus, 1 pure terror, 3 shadow hound

This file seems to have been completely redone. It was really quite awful before. I still have a few gripes about the new one though. First, I'm not sure why there are 2 Zugs in this file (I'm guessing because you have to have 2 3 star units no matter what?). You only really ever need one since it's purely endgame and it auto-revives as long as you have sp. Also, I'm not sure why janus was added at all, the file only has two limited means to activate night time: 1 lone succubus and an ss. I feel like the file would have been better if they instead left revenant or shade soldier in instead.

Removed: 3 highland-born hunter, 1 alraune (The file had 3), 3 combat monk, 2 boomerang fighter, 3 samurai girl, 3 dual-wielding axeman, 1 magic weapon, 1 fire tornado

Added: 3 man-eating tiger, 3 bearkilling axeman (this unit was buffed recently), 3 samurai lady (from girl to lady, classy upgrade), 3 mercenary, 1 fire storm wyvern (the old starter only had 1, and this unit has been buffed), 2 efreet (buffed, and his lvl was lowered by 1), 1 exploding spores (Used to be in the old file's SS lineup, is now part of the card file), 1 ball of flame

I recall a lot of people saying they felt the old one was better. I'm not sure about that though, this new one seems like a pretty solid upgrade to me. They got rid of the lame fire tornado, adding ball of flame in it's place. They added a solid free-revive unit in man eating tiger, and they replaced several lvl 2s with good lvl 3s. The old one honestly probably had too many lvl 2s (I mean you don't really need 3 alraunes for example...)

All in all all the files seem to have been buffed, and my gripes aside definitely seem a lot more playable than before. I do wish the lawtia one didn't have those lycans and that extra zu, though, that's just awful >< But despite that good job all around.

All the files also saw some changes to their souls it seems. The current soul skills don't seem all that great, but I remember the old soul skills were really bad so I guess it's an improvement. I don't really remember what the old soul line-ups were like given all the recent changes made to these soul skills, though.

Scientiafide

Postby methebest » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:40 am

gadu wrote:Yes to both questions Icyglare. I really miss my two copies of Dalos. :cry: Now I only have one total x_x.

thats why im not going to switch.

Peralisc9001 wrote:2 zugas ... wtf? that is dumb and retarded.

why nerf the lawtia starter? :/

dalos is still the best 3 star this game has ... the other 3 stars are either too situational or just plain awful!
could have done better by simply adding GOOD ex cards to the lawtia starter that recycle for 30 gran ... sigh :?

yeah im a bit worried about lack of sp in the lawtia starter
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Jazzock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:24 am

methebest wrote:yeah im a bit worried about lack of sp in the lawtia starter

From me playing around with it, chances are you'll be out of LP before you even get zuga out lol

Scientiafide wrote:This file seems to have been completely redone. It was really quite awful before. I still have a few gripes about the new one though. First, I'm not sure why there are 2 Zugs in this file (I'm guessing because you have to have 2 3 star units no matter what?). You only really ever need one since it's purely endgame and it auto-revives as long as you have sp. Also, I'm not sure why janus was added at all, the file only has two limited means to activate night time: 1 lone succubus and an ss. I feel like the file would have been better if they instead left revenant or shade soldier in instead.

Hmm, I've been playing around with it and it seems to actually be all about timing the janus drop properly and use 2-3 turns of night to bulldoze your opponent THEN use the Sin SS to get rid of a main unit pretty much permanently. The rest of the file can usually handle most games afterwards. At least these are my opinions =3

Scientiafide wrote:Pirate crewman seems like an odd choice

Combos well with mystere behind him (buffs her attack) also buffs spirits if you put them behind him so not too bad.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby CainHyde » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:04 am

Well... guess I'll keep using old starter till I get more Dalos.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:32 am

Dalos maybe was 1 level too high for beginners, but why not replace him with xxxx?

Someone tell all lawtia newbies to take out 1 zuga and use it as ss if they want to keep it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum