Giving all SP gen the Miffles stats treatment

User suggestions to improve the game

Giving all SP gen the Miffles stats treatment

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 pm

So to demonstrate the inherent borkedness of miffles, I decided to make a (semi-serious) thread about giving the rest of the SP generators a miffles-like stat balance. Now, we're not talking about auto-genning SP with none floating so she can rest off early game hits. We're not talking about locking out that EN's utility units (what's a succubus? What are rats?). We're not talking about a fieldwide heal and atk buff. We're just talking about stats. In fact, not only are there no stat increases, in some cases, there are total stat decreases. And maybe a trait here and there.

Level 1 miff:
Agi 3->1
HP: 30->50

owl sage: can't change his stats

Anttila:
agi 3->1
range 3->2
atk: 20->10
HP: 30->60

Archer scout:
atk: 20->10
agility: 2->1
range: 3->2
HP: 20->50
add trait: this unit cannot be the target of level 1 grimoires.

Advent: more or less in the right place with agility, attack, and range being relatively low and HP being relatively high.

Puffball: agi 3->1, HP 10->30

Mad priest (not SP gen so much as SP degen, but go with it).
agi 4->1
range 3->2
HP: 30->60

Now...how many of you are willing to support any of these changes? Notice that these units got no better SP gen abilities. They didn't get bonus skills that could help in a jam, or completely swing a certain match (EN). They just got stats that would allow them to use their abilities and not fall over if sneezed upon.

And if you're not willing to support any of them, then why does miff have 55 HP on an auto-SP genning unit that requires no floating (Lawtia can go F itself) and can bash your face in once a couple of her buddies hit the field? There's a difference between best SP gen (needing no floating SP), and having an amazing unit body.
AqvasFire2

Re: Giving all SP gen the Miffles stats treatment

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Exactly my point.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AquasFire3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:56 pm

I find this thread very funny XD
AquasFire3

Postby fargone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:18 pm

Why you no like refess?

Did they beat you once?
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 pm

my sig is what jp a2 version of myffire is problem why it better stats is the fact its sp gen is effective to both players, course a2 version is a 2* so you can use multiple chimera wisps hehe
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm

fargone wrote:Why you no like refess?

Did they beat you once?

Fact is if any of the things in the list will occur, people will yell and hysterically scream nerf, mainly at the mad priest buff.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Did they beat you once?

Fargs, did you even read it? Would you support any of those stat changes? None of them actually add any more stats to the unit in question. You think I'm joking, don't you? Well, I'm not. I'd like quite a few of those changes (aside from the ref ones for obvious raisins).

If you laugh, why do you laugh? All I'm doing is giving other SP generator units that really have the rest of their attributes made irrelevant by the fact that their only role is to gen SP the Miffyre treatment, AKA put everything into HP. What's wrong with that?
AqvasFire2

Postby fargone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:

Did they beat you once?

Fargs, did you even read it? Would you support any of those stat changes? None of them actually add any more stats to the unit in question. You think I'm joking, don't you? Well, I'm not. I'd like quite a few of those changes (aside from the ref ones for obvious raisins).

If you laugh, why do you laugh? All I'm doing is giving other SP generator units that really have the rest of their attributes made irrelevant by the fact that their only role is to gen SP the Miffyre treatment, AKA put everything into HP. What's wrong with that?

If I am reading you correctly, you want level 1-3's to be on par in power with level 4's now. You also want all of them to function like 4 star refess characters because they are sp generators. Never mind their rarity or sphere, they should all be the same. Please tell me why I should not laugh at this?

If I am to assume I am reading you correctly, then I put to you a simple question. Why not just make all cards like bringer, in spite of level, and be done with it. That way, they can all be the same. We could even just put the same pictures on them if you like, and make them all 5 stars.

I am constantly amused by this game's reaction to refess when they can actually win games with any consistency. The cries and whining become endless until nerfs are forced, refess goes back to being underdog, and the squeeky wheels can sit comfortably in the knowledge they can beat at least one whole sphere most of the time.

I think you need to drink a cup of concrete and harden up a little.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

And why does rarity need to matter that much??? That's the issue the game has ...

Even so, advent is also a 4 star. :?
See balancing of cards currently is out of touch.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm

It's true, advent is and has always been sup-par.

Should a sub-par unit that has barely seen the light of day since its release be used as a basis for comparison?

I think not.
GonFreeces31 wrote:

fargone

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau