What would you spend money on?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What would you spend money on?

Postby methebest » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 am

gold boxes for new sets and ex packs
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby caeser » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Casual player that's been around a while, but try to participate in as many events as possible. I don't have a large card pool, but feel I have reached a point where I do have some cards that a lot of others do not have yet. Anyway, on to the spending. Pre-builts, EX: lotto, COW (when we had it) Any opportunity to pinpoint some cards.
caeser

Postby justtmpuser » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 pm

With current pricing? Anything other than Alteil.
MtG: $3.99. 1 booster which contains: 1 rare (with 8% chance of being mythic), 3 uncommons, 11 commons. Some (mythic) rares can be sold on secondary market for $20-$50.
Alteil: 400 gran. You might get single uncommon (3*) if you're lucky with lotto. Or 2-3 uncommons if you buy faction packs, which are available about 2 weeks per year. Or 26.(6)% of prebuilt. Cards can be recycled for small % of their value, but there is no secondary market or any other way of actually getting your money back.
justtmpuser

Postby CallMeWBC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 pm

diva
CallMeWBC

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 am

Jump has a solid point. Spending on the normals (lotto, packs, ex packs etc) ks still high. Spending on events such as the past week's is actually not bad. It is not super great but ot super expensive. Some legend of five rings cards i buy are 4.25 each for rare uniques. I spent 90usd this past weekend trying to finish out all the sets and ended up1-2 cards shy onall of them.

The game is cheap to play (stick to 1 sphere use a starter spend 10 usd on past week lotto to get more 1-2 stars of said sphere recycle the other spheres). The game is very expensive to collect.

I will purchase EX, full set ( if they ever sold it like that), new set cards if they cap it somehow, prebuilds if it has something i need. Coredge also sells alteil related stuff -i think, large artwork of certain card art and other things i couldn't figure out. They only ship inside japan I think but shiro could confirm. I kinda would like a coffee mug with Command unit Lily or Seasonal Afeemina on it.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Romdeau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 am

I think if the game ever gets big enough, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to start selling Alteil related merchandise internationally. I would probably buy an item or two as well.
Romdeau

Postby Mykenae » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Divas. Guaranteed cards, of course. Better prebuilds. Divas. Hyper-rarity-up lotto (or really most anything else with ~100% recycle rate). EX packs if I feel like it's worth it. Divas. And, of course, a Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle.
Mykenae

Postby caeser » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Mykenae wrote: And, of course, a Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle.

you'll shoot you're eye out!

'cuz someone had to say it.....
caeser

Postby poias » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:20 pm

I play alteil for around 1 year and I have a nice range of cards with 1*, 2* and 3* but I still own very few 4* and 5*. I recycle all of 4* and 5* that I don't see me using. I try to focus mainly on falcow and refress. I tend to recycle latwia (I only keep those I can use in a multisphere).
I am a low spender but I have deposited 2 times, being the last and larger amount ($30) last black friday because I like the game and I want it to have success

I only spend money on something with >50% recycling value. Ideally >75%.
My favorites are pre-builts because they give something you can actually start playing with little or no modifications. The issue is that they have around 30% of recycling value so I only by them when a new comes up at 500G.
Besides this I spend on hyper rarity lottos, >2* lottos. This last weekend I also spent on EX packs because the recycling value was ~50%.
poias

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Romdeau wrote:I think if the game ever gets big enough, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to start selling Alteil related merchandise internationally. I would probably buy an item or two as well.

puffball plushy ftw.
AqvasFire2

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion