New Players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

New Players

Postby gadu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 am

For a long time, people have talked about how this game has a small population. I've steadily seen more new players. I hate them. They do not offer any challenge. They do not offer any XP. I explain how they can improve and point them to the forum resources, but next time I see them, instead of playing something that will help them learn the game (like the starters), they are playing stupid cards like Chaos Anna or Nerevez and putting all their chips onto those single cards.

I've been giving up to every low level player because I'm deathly afraid of enduring a match with them. It is a waste of time that I don't have a luxery of and it's also hard for me to stomach fighting the same poorly played Set 11 cards any more. I've even stopped trying to help them because it seems to fall on deaf ears (sorry Gon, I know part of the Circle Charter was to recruit newbs and mold them into masters). :?

What is your experience like and what should we do, if anything?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Re: New Players

Postby Khiruki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 am

I'm worried that while there are new players, I don't see any of them enter the forums or chat. That's worrisome.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby InfernityFan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 am

Just face it and move on? You don't have to be so bitter about it. Even if the starter file might help them learn, eventually playing and losing will help them more. I'm just thankful they don't quit this game.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby tetron » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 am

Nowadays its all about casual players.

I'd personally believe that the new players just wanna play the game instead of hearing about better explanation on winning. They probably don't care if they win or lose, they just wanna have fun. At least thats how I view it.
tetron

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:51 am

Stop forcing people to play something?
When I told you to switch pom ss, did you listen? No. Did I care? Not really. More easy wins for me.
As a newbie, you want to use more risky ss and cards. All that time, you've been using astra ss. Is it a good ss? No. Does it give some instawins? Yes. Why people pack 3 talisman of disruptions.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am

Icyman2 wrote:When I told you to switch pom ss, did you listen? No. Did I care? Not really. More easy wins for me.
As a newbie, you want to use more risky ss and cards. All that time, you've been using astra ss. Is it a good ss? No. Does it give some instawins? Yes. Why people pack 3 talisman of disruptions.

^This.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Is it true that some new players have set 11 and run in crest arena and some others don't?

That power gap alone is devastating. Also the general power gap formed by the lack of cards is devastating since the starters are not at meta strength.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Khiruki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Is it true that some new players have set 11 and run in crest arena and some others don't?

That power gap alone is devastating. Also the general power gap formed by the lack of cards is devastating since the starters are not at meta strength.

They are not high meta, but they can survive in the current meta. Maybe mid tier.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm

they are nearly mid tier at best ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm

If you understand how to play the game you can succeed with the starters. If you don't understand how to play the game what cards you use is irrelevant.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion