Giving all SP gen the Miffles stats treatment

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Giving all SP gen the Miffles stats treatment

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Mad priest is pretty sucky ATM actually, so I wouldn't mind a buff. He doesn't really need the HP-10. I'd actually probably make him lvl2 and have SP-1 as an action skill (with no HP-10).

Advent too. Kinda wish his skill was Auto: "you get SP+0->1".

I actually agree with removing the start from Miff, I have no idea why it's exactly there. It skewers some matchups without even affecting some others.
LoneKnight

Postby fargone » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm

I disagree with changing her at all.

It's about time refess had a good card that can actually impact on the game's outcome.

It's great that all of you guys who pack 3 salamanders in every file cos it pro have to find a new method of beating down your opponents. It's great that refess have a defence against great spirit spam, after all, they are the defensive sphere.

HOORAY FOR MIFFYRE.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Defending and locking things out is entirely different. Defending against Salamander would be having more good free open heals or something, not locking it out.

It also locks out rats (and for a more EN centric field Succ) which is just about the only hope a rush has against an refess wall aside from sinSS-ing everything. Except, you suddenly don't have sacrificial lvl1s. It even locks out magic musician. Don't tell me Refess needs to be afraid of that card. Oh, and L9 rankups, and hei horseman and...

Seriously, it's just not good design.

Plus unlike Pixies, locking out with her is not an LP liability, is unlimited (until she lives, and she's tanky), and doesn't take set phases.
LoneKnight

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Miffyre's usage and RP correlation is going to be monitored over the next few weeks or so to determine a harsher nerf is needed. We want to observe whether Verlaat was causing the mid-refess problems or if Miffyre is too enabling for a level 4 support unit. If she's still deemed to be too powerful after a few weeks of stat collecting, there will most certainly be another nerf.

If there is one, my current favorite idea is to reduce her survivability or to turn her auto skill into 1sp for 2 (auto). There is still quite a bit of time before Logress concludes one way or the other though.

The lock is also something else I'm thinking about, and what we should or could do with it. Removing it outright would be ludicrious, but would changing it to an auto be the simple fix that's needed? Too early to say.
Romdeau

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:09 pm

LoneKnight wrote:Mad priest is pretty sucky ATM actually, so I wouldn't mind a buff. He doesn't really need the HP-10. I'd actually probably make him lvl2 and have SP-1 as an action skill (with no HP-10).

I actually agree with removing the start from Miff, I have no idea why it's exactly there. It skewers some matchups without even affecting some others.

Personally, I disagree completely. I believe Mad Priest is still too powerful as is, so if anything he should be nerfed. I'll agree w/ turning his auto to action, but I think lvl 3 is fine and it should do hp-15 instead.

As for buffing the sp gens, perhaps some of them could use at least something slight.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Mad priest imba...?

I seriously need proof of that. He was really crappy when I tried (admittedly, that was a few sets back).

Is there some combo I'm not seeing with him? I haven't seen him at all, thinking about it.
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Pikeru wrote:
LoneKnight wrote:Mad priest is pretty sucky ATM actually, so I wouldn't mind a buff. He doesn't really need the HP-10. I'd actually probably make him lvl2 and have SP-1 as an action skill (with no HP-10).

Personally, I disagree completely. I believe Mad Priest is still too powerful as is, so if anything he should be nerfed. I'll agree w/ turning his auto to action, but I think lvl 3 is fine and it should do hp-15 instead.

As for buffing the sp gens, perhaps some of them could use at least something slight.

It's basically the subpar opposite of miffere. How is that OP?

Those seem like good changes, LK.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 pm

So its balanced for lawtia to make sure the player that lawtia plays against have 0 sp and -1 sp for every next turn setting up an perpetual lockdown? But it's not okay for miffyre to protect against that kind of ****. I see.

And plus, she's a single card anyways. Go play EN or something and watch her die fast. Oh and she's a lvl 4 unit too.

While Urgrant and Marduk is lvl 4. But they can sp gen and one hit ko etc etc.

Wankers gonna ****.

Undodgeable SP drain is **** to me but it's okay for you to prevent an undodgeable sp generate. Well miffyre enable an undodgeable sp generation. Sucks to be lawtia wanting to stop that. Nightmare bird thingie. Can't play anything with it up, nothing, everything locked out, anything that manages to pop out of file will be alone on the field and die against full lawtia field sp draining every turn.

And guess what, Mad priest is part of that file. -1 sp next turn means I only have 1 floating sp oh oops! Mad priest just took that 1 floating sp away! Aw darn I can't play anything.

*watches the lawtia sp drainer iczer me slowly until I die while not being able to play anything.*

The difference is that Miffyre doesn't prevent you from playing anything except lvl 1s whups.

While Lawtia and Falkow is **** about it and controlling their opponents and not letting them play anything because they fight like sissies.

Okay i think i made my point. Cya this thread.
Callonia

Postby Pikeru » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 pm

My thoughts exactly, sp drain is far stronger than sp gen. In any other game, such an effect would cost twice the amount it drains. MTG for example, black land destruction costs 2 mana to destroy one, red has to pay 3 for the same effect. It's absurd that this game not only allows 1 for 1 tradeoffs on sp draining, but that it actually has effects that plus off of it. Thinking about the old Shade makes me face-palm hard enough to KO myself.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:07 am

Inb4 people start spamming miffyre like there's no tomorrow just to get her nerfed before running their secretly op files.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau