So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Nothing really changed. Mainly looking at what Logress most of all promised to see change, the environment and here's a related (paraphrased) quote "folrart is like a constant tournament arena".

Well? I see no real changes. You got the good cards, you win easy and if you don't, well then you bite the dust. How many months has it been? I think plenty to even slightly change the environment visibly.

Seen any change? Nope. There wasn't any real change. The game is still in the "we are fixing bugs and flash issue" without any real approach towards a better environment. I keep repeating this because that was the most crucial promise that we have yet to see any sign of happening.

What's left? There's daily achievement 50 xp. Daily lotto if you like some random 5 gran or you can get 5-10 gran quick from mirage master. Then there's the weekly 1 game. Let's not forget underdog consisting of at least 10 horrid and terribly annoying games unless your opponent plays a starter (ya they're still bad). All that there is to really do and have fun is go to folrart. The tourney arena basically (officially confirmed too). And what's worst is not that it's a tourney arena, it's the awful aspect of the card mechanics (having to play without a field in certain situations, getting locked out or getting walled out thanks to refess miff bs)

Where are the promised changes? How is the game right now any different. Nothing changed. Aside from the periodical chores there's just the random return and meta garbage boring duels to "have fun" with. :roll: This looks just as much of a marketing scam as always. At least the errata could have been better (i still like the efreet and the SS changes ...).

It's like there's a huge sign all over the game that say quit and check back in few months. Why? Maybe i shouldn't ask why. If that's what the game asks for and i get no other choice then i will comply.

26 Nov today. Game relaunched with heavy delay in August. That's about 4 months.
4 months wait .............. **** this ****.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby justtmpuser » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm

That's why I don't even bother with daily MM any more. Long time ago I suggested arena for casual players, with no lvl, win/loss, RP or any other of that competetive BS. Remember what happened? Topic got spammed by vitriolic posts made by highly competetive asshats who don't think casual players should be allowed to have fun. And when there is no fun, games die, like Alteil did. Right now it's on express highway to same fate. Mystery Man posts a lot about technical upgrades (which is nice), but Logress posts next to nothing about changes in gameplay. All we get is BS errata on popular cards not because they're powerful, but because they're likeable Refess. Can't have that in Alteil, now can we? As long as balancing is made by same group of people with their specific mentality, nothing will change. As long as this game is catered to same old crowd (where's money for advertising in your budget Logress?) with their ultra competetive attitude, nothing will change. And last but not least, as long as pricing is as ridiculously high with insanely low odds of getting high rarity cards, nothing will change. Let me be first to say: RIP New Alteil, you poor unborn deformed fetus. If only your parents treated you better...

All this has happened before and all this will happen again.
justtmpuser

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Fyi On Mystery Man's Sprint topics, he not only posts what he intends on doing, but also has a link showing what he's currently working on, what he's accomplished, and what he plans on doing next.

Personally, I'm satisfied with the progress they're making. And this is coming from someone who's usually critical and pretty cynical, but looking at what they've been doing, I can't help but feel that they're taking the logical and pragmatic steps that need to be taken first to change things around.

Also, that Black Friday Hyper lotto was the best promotion they ever ran. It doesn't get better value-wise than a 95-100% recycling rate (granted the constant recycling was annoying, but still the actual value of the cards I received was really, really good). But anyway I'm surprised they even got this much done for this sprint considering hurricane sandy and all. You're also forgetting that they didn't start work until around october or so due to numerous reasons (business contracts, finances, etc.)

Now is the game ready yet? Hell no, I'd be the first to agree with you there. I wish they'd say the game's still a work in progress instead of saying it's open for business; a lot of changes still have to be made before I invite anyone to play. But to say that there are no changes being made is just not true.

Scientiafide

Postby Callonia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm

Hell yeah, hyper rare up lotto is actually good for some reason.

Better than the one where I participated in long time ago the one where i pulled an animus from.

You will have very high recycle rate if you already own the cards, but otherwise everythig would be like new to you. Got me several cards I didn't have play set of, like uh hellspawn guy which i now have 2nd copy of, nearing the grim immune lawtia mischief file i can run. Nearing.

Another than that, they need to hurry up and fix the disconnection bug on saving replay after battle. That's basically gamebreaking and ruining the reason why I have the premium account in first place, can't save battles? Premium users is annoyed.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

See things like the hyper lotto were actually good. I will not disagree with that, but i would personally spend about 30$ (50$ max) to play it and no less than 20$, because anywhere below 20$ playing the lotto isn't worth it, since you get too many cards you will recycle and less rares that way.

And as good as it was and as much as i liked seeing rares with less amounts of gran spent, it's not part of what actually affects the environment negatively and it's also not part of folrart arena's appeal ... etc.

So bottom line is that these kind of events and changes and fixes aren't representatives of the actual playing enjoyment.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Well I agree the hyper lotto was good but did not improve the gameplay itself.

The starter files were decent but it didn't bring anything new to old players who already have the cards.

I guess people will not be happy until we have stuffs like Lavato Heroes implemented.

Also, I hope Batora Year 4 will be sometimes before the end of the year.
wakka9ca

Postby gadu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:09 am

I was hoping they would bring back the triple changer lotto; the anniversary is nearing. ;) No new gameplay, but a lot of new annoying units to fight. It does often feel like a chore. Lol peral, your post could be copied to presidents too.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby AngelicDeath » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 am

Pera,

Things are moving in the right direction at least on the technical end. I agree with you that they should somehow implement Napolean and LH and fast. I personally don't care about LH but Napolean looks fun. Why is it so hard to write the code for this? I mean given the specs I think I know people in game that could write the code.

Mysteryman has his money on the line so I think that is proper motivation. Why have we been back online now and had no new content? We are just now designing EX cards that should have been ready for testing during the downtime. Set 12 should be all laid out and ready too for that matter.

I am all for a seperate arena for casual play. Perhaps once the user base increases which i would think will happen if they have an integrated android, ios, pc simultaneously.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Romdeau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 am

There are a lot of legal loopholes that these guys have had to jump through in order to get this game off the ground and their business operational.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 am

AngelicDeath wrote:Why is it so hard to write the code for this? I mean given the specs I think I know people in game that could write the code.

Write? It's a copy paste for most part. They were about to add napo back in set 6.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion