So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby worthing » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 pm

the server clock is changing right now
worthing

Postby Anima13 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm

worthing wrote:the server clock is changing right now

Look, a bit just changed from 0 to 1 on the server.
Anima13

Postby angelspawns » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

worthing wrote:the server clock is changing right now

I don't like these changes. It wears me down and makes me feel old n tired.

Badum tisss.
angelspawns

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:27 am

The old sprints dealt primarily with gameplay issues. This current sprint is the first "new code" you will see.

The first couple "new code" sprints will appear minor but are actually laying the foundation for major changes that happen faster. When the current sprint goes live one big thing you will notice is that there are more big things on it than normal. There's a reason for this - we are ramping up our staff and i want to force us to get more done each sprint.

To answer Peralisc9001's question, the first sprint was about stability and the second sprint was about new user experience. The big part of the second sprint - training videos - slipped and is still in studio with professional voice actors/actresses (which wile unfortunate does not slow down other sprints). The next sprints will focus on actual new development and if you want the direction to move please speak up.

Among other things, this sprint will give us a new card list on the main page and a new chat client. While this seems small, it lays the groundwork for a new infrastructure. The chat client will be integrated into all new pages like facebook does*. That means the card list will have access to chat. All new code will also not have that "you have been disconnected" bug either.

The next new code sprint after that will focus on the card editor and make use of the card list from main. This will be HTML5 and not require a major download. Remember this will also have chat and will eventually have the ability to export files. Also note that the new infastrucutre is designed for much quicker change if someone requests an upgrade.

Once the file editor is ready that would mean that we have t he ability to manipulate cards with the server and can use that to make a new battle.

This finishes the basics and allows for new game types and the like.

All this information has been public for quite some time. Our iterations come in three week sprints so you can watch our pace and you should already have an understanding of what we can do. Also remember that writing new code and maintaining code that follows rules is much easier and faster than working with the current codebase.

We have had two sprints so far. Are you not happy with our choice of what we did and our direction, our pace, or what? You are giving the implication that we are misleading. If that is the contention, was the path we are taking the game in not made clear enough or public enough? If so, how do you suggest we improve our actions?

edit: *facebook was being used as a comparison. THe facebook functionality is something that is planned after the battle editor changes, though as always if there is enough demand we can mix things up a bit.
MysteryMan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 am

MysteryMan wrote:To answer Peralisc9001's question, the first sprint was about stability and the second sprint was about new user experience. The big part of the second sprint - training videos - slipped and is still in studio with professional voice actors/actresses (which wile unfortunate does not slow down other sprints). The next sprints will focus on actual new development and if you want the direction to move please speak up.

Sir, with all due respect, the issue that's ruining the game most of all is the fact that there is only the 1 vs 1 meta cluttered folrart arena you can play in.

Your sprints do contribute a lot to the game, but they do not address the main problem.

The only solutions i can think off are adding Lavato Heroes/Napoleon or a 2 vs 2 mode, but maybe you can think of something better ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 am

Sprint number three has been posted here. I can not understate how happy I am to be able to be building new things now :).
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:To answer Peralisc9001's question, the first sprint was about stability and the second sprint was about new user experience. The big part of the second sprint - training videos - slipped and is still in studio with professional voice actors/actresses (which wile unfortunate does not slow down other sprints). The next sprints will focus on actual new development and if you want the direction to move please speak up.

Sir, with all due respect, the issue that's ruining the game most of all is the fact that there is only the 1 vs 1 meta cluttered folrart arena you can play in.

Your sprints do contribute a lot to the game, but they do not address the main problem.

The only solutions i can think off are adding Lavato Heroes/Napoleon or a 2 vs 2 mode, but maybe you can think of something better ...

Thanks for your feedback! So would you say that once the battle is redone making new game modes should be one of our highest priorities? If so, that is in our stack but we can increase its priority a bit. This includes 2 vs 2 mode, draft tournaments, themed story modes, and the like.

edit: Any suggestions that handle the core issue you mentioned of would be welcome. This has been a major topic of conversation in the past and I will bring it up again as a pressing issue.
MysteryMan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 am

Yes, i firmly believe that increasing the priority of 2v2 or LH to immediate is important since it will increase your numbers in the arenas a lot once it's done.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:26 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Yes, i firmly believe that increasing the priority of 2v2 or LH to immediate is important since it will increase your numbers in the arenas a lot once it's done.

Then we will continue down our current path for the next few sprints - ultimately the game consists of the arena and the file editor. Once those move to new code priorities like the new game types and the improved tutorials can be implemented.

As with always, we will look at our priority stack after every sprint to make sure we are still meeting the proper objectives. Right now most of the high priority issues have the same dependencies, so at least the immediate path is making a b-line to meet the needs you posted.

I am working on having us kick our pace up a notch, too.

edit: Please keep thinking about what you would like to see in a 2 v 2 game or other game types. While this seems a bit a way time tends to move faster than we think.
MysteryMan

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:03 pm

Have u guys thought about kongretate?
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion