Casual player arena - once again

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Casual player arena - once again

Postby Pikeru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:22 am

Icyman2 wrote:RP is there just for kicks and people's egos. Gives a sense of progress of your playing skill. Level is there for that too, except to show how long you've been playing and reward you with cards. I agree with hiding those in-game but getting rid of them means getting rid of many of the people addicted to this game.
Win/loss indicator is just useless. No one looks at it. Win streaks is useless too.
If both players get the reward from a TB, then it wouldn't be TB right? TBs are supposed to be fun anyways. I experiment with files and I don't care if I lose a one star. If I get it, it's just bonus icing on top.

All in all, a casual arena will never happen because competition makes people pay for cards. And alteil needs that payment to keep on releasing sets and maintaining server costs.

Very true, competition does make the players that don't quit from frustration pay for cards. After all, what really matters, a dozen people buying lots of cards once a set or 100s of players, perhaps more over time continuously make small payments every now and then?

This thread is by no means suggesting the elimination of Folrart and ego-boosters, just the addition of a new arena where all that is moot. It even suggested TB being considerably less common inside of it and without win streaks it would be even further less common. Personally, if I run into a 2000+ rating player while messing around with my UD and a TB pops up, fun is the furthest thing from my mind. If anything, it frustrates me seeing somebody with 3 of every card obtaining 1 more to trade in for free gran. It wouldn't be as bad if the loser was given a 1 star as compensation for having to be put into that situation.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby kirk22 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:51 am

But we have an arena for this already. You can play whatever you want in the training arena against anyone you want without risking a thing. All you have to do is actually use it.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Pikeru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 am

kirk22 wrote:But we have an arena for this already. You can play whatever you want in the training arena against anyone you want without risking a thing. All you have to do is actually use it.

Risk is immaterial to this discussion, nobody cares about RP, win streaks or level, save for narcissists and new players who become intimated and tend to give up on trying to win. You actually made my point for me, players could use the training arena accept for the fact that they don't. Not very many anyways and these suggestions are meant to encourage more players to actively start playing more unranked games. As things stand, single player mode quite often is more busy than Folrart, especially after considering people enter, complete a quick duel and then leave. Whereas alot of the players you see in Folrart tend to chill in there for hours waiting for new opponents to pop up.
Pikeru

Postby CainHyde » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 am

I think training arena just lacking in incentives.
Probably give a chance of shield card version of TB there or some rewards could make people more interested in using them? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
And if no other player available, they get auto matched with NPC.
Then erase that NPC arena so people are forced to play in Training Arena instead if they want to test their deck against NPC/get daily card.

I think veteran already have enough FM to afford 3 copy of shield card, so they shouldn't lose too much if they get beaten by newbies/gave up after 6 turn.
:shrug
Just an idea...
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby kirk22 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Pikeru wrote:
kirk22 wrote:But we have an arena for this already. You can play whatever you want in the training arena against anyone you want without risking a thing. All you have to do is actually use it.

Risk is immaterial to this discussion, nobody cares about RP, win streaks or level, save for narcissists and new players who become intimated and tend to give up on trying to win. You actually made my point for me, players could use the training arena accept for the fact that they don't. Not very many anyways and these suggestions are meant to encourage more players to actively start playing more unranked games. As things stand, single player mode quite often is more busy than Folrart, especially after considering people enter, complete a quick duel and then leave. Whereas alot of the players you see in Folrart tend to chill in there for hours waiting for new opponents to pop up.

I'm sorry, but have you considered asking people to play in the training arena more? Maybe trying to set up a time were you and other interested players can get together in there and play? And what do you think will happen to those players who are already waiting for "hours" to get a new match if you make another arena for people to use? Won't that just make it harder for players in both arenas to get a match, because now you have even fewer people in each arena. I just don't see the benefit to it.

But in the end none of that matters, because it'll never happen.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby InfernityFan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:25 pm

I too don't agree with a new arena, with the sole reason of small player base. But I kind of understand why the poster wants them to happen, cause I like playing fun often. I can cope with the meta decks because well, you know, there is a give up button that I use once in a while.

Instead, I suggest that rather than new arena, how about more incentives for losing instead (with the usual turn 10 requirement). Though it won't make you avoid meta deck, you still gain something if you lose. Again, there is a give up button if you want to exit earlier. And I don't buy it if you argued that you met too much meta decks, cause I don't. But that's just me.
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Pikeru » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:39 pm

kirk22 wrote:And what do you think will happen to those players who are already waiting for "hours" to get a new match if you make another arena for people to use? Won't that just make it harder for players in both arenas to get a match, because now you have even fewer people in each arena. I just don't see the benefit to it.

Actually, this would only make it harder to find matches in Folrart, not the new arena. The people that avoid Folrart would play in the new arena and a few people who still put up with the Blacksun's would switch to it. In actuality, it would be considerably more popular than Folrart, but admittedly it doesn't guarantee single player will be any less flooded.
Pikeru

Postby fargone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 am

I am wondering why you need a new arena with the new gran set up?

You will find ppl with good files regardless of your arena choice. What I think you are really asking for is a larger player base in order to get more mid to low tier files and more experimental files (more variety).

If the player base grows, I predict this will no longer be an issue.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I don't think anyone has ever been opposed to a casual arena, it's just, as other people have mentioned, the player base is way too small. Maybe bump this in the future if the playerbase ever picks up.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau