New Players

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: New Players

Postby Romdeau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm

This is Amerikuh. Individualism >>> collective community
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Gladwell identified something akin to "sense of community" as a key factor necessary for products to "tip" in The Tipping Point. Don't dismiss it. Having people feel connected to others in the game can be really powerful.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah don't dismiss it you dismissers.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:22 am

Romdeau wrote:
Shadow1798 wrote:The starters are clearly much improved, but I fear without a similarly improved tutorial to explain these starters newbies will not actually get better results.

Did you check out worthings starter videos?

It took someone else to bring it up to get a response on this - love it.

No, I haven't seen worthing's videos. Knowing worthing they would be comprehensive and offer some guidance at least on opens and considerations. I assume they are hidden in the forums where new people shouldn't have to search.

Ultimately, if they aren't being tied in with the new user experience directly, then they are wasted potential in my opinion, along with the work done on the new starters.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 am

fargone wrote:
Romdeau wrote:
Shadow1798 wrote:The starters are clearly much improved, but I fear without a similarly improved tutorial to explain these starters newbies will not actually get better results.

Did you check out worthings starter videos?

It took someone else to bring it up to get a response on this - love it.

No, I haven't seen worthing's videos. Knowing worthing they would be comprehensive and offer some guidance at least on opens and considerations. I assume they are hidden in the forums where new people shouldn't have to search.

Ultimately, if they aren't being tied in with the new user experience directly, then they are wasted potential in my opinion, along with work on the new starters.

They have actually been stickied by a mystic and invisible force in Lapierre's. (The rest still applies)
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby fargone » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:49 pm

If I were a new player, and I saw the ex cards for sale for nearly $50, then looked at how big the card list is, I would leave.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm

I have seen new players make good use of new Lawtia starter, and yes Fargone I would run a country mile!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

fargone wrote:If I were a new player, and I saw the ex cards for sale for nearly $50, then looked at how big the card list is, I would leave.

We agree on quite a few things it seems.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Maybe introduce and alternate currency where stuff is a bit cheaper with that currency compared to normal gran but it can only be got by paying therefore rewarding spending players more and encouraging people to spend

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:46 pm

I was so happy to see that ex 11 was released this morning. Then i read the paragraph and saw it's associated cost and was like wtf? Same cost as with gamepot and the rest. I was under a false assumption after that great black friday event that we had turned the corner as far as costs go but i think i was wrong.

This is not the message you want to send to new players in my opinion. honestly, i would recommend that they get a starter and wait for a rarity up lotto - pay close attention to recycle rates then play sphere specific. I am not saying don't play just don't overpay to play.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion