Conditional Fruit Goes First

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Conditional Fruit Goes First

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Usually the more people use her action skill the worse they do... That skill's such a noob trap.

I vaguely remember you calling bandalt unlock the lower rp or something.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Well it costs SP, so using it puts you 1SP behind the opponent, and the grim returned is random and may not even be one you want/is useful to you later on. So a decent proportion of the time you use it you don't benefit much.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Well, reviving costs sp too.
Icyman2

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 am

It's kinda wasted when it returns a MoF, yeah.

TBH it sounds like you haven't seen good Mir with Ascarat in play if you think you can get by both of them with just dmg SS and some salamanders.
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 pm

LoneKnight wrote:TBH it sounds like you haven't seen good Mir with Ascarat in play if you think you can get by both of them with just dmg SS and some salamanders.

Mirelia is pretty frail and dies pretty fast. I've seen decent files with Ascarat, but I still think you should have a roughly even matchup with any traditional gowen rush. I'd be really surprised if that's a one-sided matchup like icyman is suggesting.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 pm

That is the point. Mirelia NEEDS to die very fast.

Also stop being biased.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:That is the point. Mirelia NEEDS to die very fast.

Also stop being biased.

Bullcrap. Grimcount is a joke now, which is a damned shame because it used to be a real skill-testing file back in the day bob000 played it. Basically, him, exemplar, and I think ErnnLaties tore it up with that file, and anyone else that tried wound up looking like a complete moron in short order. With grimcount, if you play that, get ready to lose to any Lawt rush for starters, and who knows what else.
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Think about it this way. Assume you have 2 Returns in your file. How much SP do the first two cost, 3 right? How much does the third one cost? Because of the action skill it costs at least 4SP. Is it worth it to use 4SP to return a level 3 unit? Sometimes, sure, but not always. If you plan to continuously return level 3 units for 4SP you run out of SP real fast.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:If you plan to continuously return level 3 units for 4SP you run out of SP real fast.
Especially when you need to keep SP open to use that skill that Lawtia will happily take off your hands, before beating Mirelia down with regenerating units.
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Yeah. Plus Gowen tends to kill her fast with salamanders and damage souls - I mentioned that cause salamanders provide consistent damage, and allow you to access your souls. In my past experience just spamming salamanders and strong independent level 3 units - the Dullin/Forest Rhino types is a really good way to beat grim count files. There simply isn't enough time to pump the grim count and get the Ascarat book thing going while you're fighting for your life on field and your units are dying every turn.

I just really don't see the point of playing a handicapped file like grimcount when you can just play Pirates.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau