Conditional Fruit Goes First

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Conditional Fruit Goes First

Postby worthing » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Why use fruit when you can use mercenary? he goes over level 3 easy and kills everything
worthing

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

How about the next set is filled with cards that are all fully and directly super counter return.

It's not a question and not even a suggestion. It's a demand.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby worthing » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:41 pm

On demand by the bias players
worthing

Postby AngelicDeath » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 pm

good posts worthing. mercenary is awesome since his action skill for 1 sp is the best self buffing action skill in alteil. look at lv 5 falkow guy for comparison. his name eludes me at the moment.
furthermore, this morning i typoed a response to this thread using worthing's files as an analysis and i didn't see 1 that contain miracle fruit to counter return as it just wasn't a viable counter i suppose.
i mean the guy is one of the top 3 perhaps top player. he primarily plays gowen. therefore, it is likely he knows the strategies that defeat top tier return decks and their mechanics.

personally, i hate lv 3 return. i wish it had some drawback such as lose a grim etc. i don't profess to know the intricacies of the game but return has not been nerfed since it's inception and likely will not be. perhaps a clause on return such as this cannot be used on a unit that was just revived might help since it saves the 1sp loss form reviving a unit and having it returned.

cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Except merc still gets 1 shot by mirelia.
Return tank in front, use mielia action skill.
All it takes is a good mof and you can just kill one unit with ss, faytis the level 2, play mirelia, play return, and you're now doing 1v1 mirelia vs a level 3. In case all your units are agi 3 or lower, you're now officially screwed.
I'm not arguing that return is op right now. That's like saying shelby song sorc is op. I'm just saying that certain files have no way of dealing with it. Since we have direct counter cards in this game (talisman of disruption for undeads in a pirate file), why can't fruit be a counter card for return? I mean, how did you think undead players felt when they get 3 talismans rolled onto their face? And yet, plenty of people (including me) still play the file.
Icyman2

Postby worthing » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

you don't lift. do you?
worthing

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm

icy is right, return needs to go
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm

personally, i love direct counters. They are a fist in the face to people that run the same stuff over and over. i would love cards that did extra 20 dmg to lawtia unit or refess unit or whatever. it would provide an emphasis to spread out. if mid ref is OP and everyone plays it then hard counter. if everyone stockpiles on characters then play rosa and truth of regus. return is not the end all and be all of alteil. many players get above it's mechanics. i hated mirellia when she came on scene and still do mainly for the return from 2nd graveyard exploit but what is to be done? making 1 specific grim the answer to the problem where it lies within 1 sphere seems a bad option IMO.

find a way to kill mirelia somehow. I see your reasoning but grims r 50/50 and should remain that way.
cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:24 pm

It's not a bad card in it of itself, but there needs to be a counter for it. Otherwise, I would never play a file that is weak to a whole sphere. For all purposes, the lawtia return is death's embrace (3 sp grim that drains 3 sp). Death's embrace is countered by inspiration. If inspiration goes 2nd, then it counters it even more (gens you 2 sp instead of 1, and creates an environment with 2 more sp). Hell if there exists a lot of good lawtia players, I would pack that in a lot of files, even out of sphere.
I'm just saying that this grim here miracle fruit is just bad by design and something needs to be done to fix it. Otherwise, the only competitive gowen files we will see here in this game is open spam gowen. I'm all for gowen rush but right now when people think of gowen, they think of mid or big gowen where fire arrows and sakura or such are viable.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 am

But Gowen has always been reliant on grim spam and Bringer to win!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau