Tips and Suggestions on Improving my Undead File

Strategies and Card File Construction

Tips and Suggestions on Improving my Undead File

Postby Aoi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello I am new to the forum, I am looking for any suggestions, advice and tips on improving my file. Currently playing Undead in Folart while I gather more cards to make more diverse files. So far It has been doing pretty well out of 20 battles I got 11 wins. Lost to Dion return, Martial Artists, Orks, Marduk and Star dragon, Mid Refress using Phoenix Chick, Dilate and Mage soldiers, and others I don't quite remember. Looking to replace the Zombie Lords since they have not contributed much to the file. Please critique and rate the file.
ImageImage
Aoi

Re: Tips and Suggestions on Improving my Undead File

Postby NitroDino » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:53 pm

I would remove the 2 pixie greatsword ss for some other dmg soul skills like Esria & Astaforse or similar soul skills. Pixie greatsword is not that great after the nerf.
You could try running the Shrine Knight ss that gives you 50% of maxhp to all friendly units too.

for the file:
- 1 Zug - if you lose to many times because of your Zug gets hit by Like the Hand of God then 2 would be good
- Unclean One / Yudit - with only 1 copy she will just eat your LP too fast

replace for
- 3rd broken priest
- Dark Confederation
or
- 2x Augmented Sorcerer
NitroDino

Postby Aoi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm

NitroDino wrote:I would remove the 2 pixie greatsword ss for some other dmg soul skills like Esria & Astaforse or similar soul skills. Pixie greatsword is not that great after the nerf.
You could try running the Shrine Knight ss that gives you 50% of maxhp to all friendly units too.

for the file:
- 1 Zug - if you lose to many times because of your Zug gets hit by Like the Hand of God then 2 would be good
- Unclean One / Yudit - with only 1 copy she will just eat your LP too fast

replace for
- 3rd broken priest
- Dark Confederation
or
- 2x Augmented Sorcerer

Thanks for the feedback, I do have 2 Augment Sorcerers so I will try that out, and will try out those souls you suggested as well and see how I fair.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Yea I'd remove Zug for sure. I mean, sure you have a lot of sp lying around from not needing to revive your undeads, but that sp will go towards using lich to return your undead from the cem.

I'd change your SS lineup a bit. I feel putting hierrat SS 2nd is too soon. Since you're using two shades, your first 2 SS should activate very early. Activating hierrat SS early has a very good chance of putting you behind in the early game's SP race due to it's cost, especially considering that the unit that get's the buff will be more susceptible to removal or max hp hate. Against any falkow file, for example, you've got a decent chance of just getting the buffed unit returned. Return is one of falkow's core mechanics, and given that there are 4 spheres that's gonna be at least 1/4 of your matches. If you want to use it, I'd put it 4th. That way, you're much less likely to have the unit removed, and the sp cost is not as much of a liability. Honestly, though, I'd consider not adding it all given removal SS is a popular addition in the 4th slot as well. Between removal and return mechanics, it's likely for several matches that you wont get use out of it at all.

I'd also remove the Pixy greatswordswoman SS. On average, you're just getting 2 extra KOs in this file with it anyway, considering that you're engaging a unit capable of causing a KO in the best case scenario. That's usually no different than most damage SS out there, and those are much less likely to backfire. If you want to add a damage SS, I'd instead consider adding one of the ones that also buff your units (Volcano wyvern, Rubens, Asria and Estaforse all come to mind).

I'd consider padding your LP up a bit too by adding a 2 lp SS on the 4th slot, unless you have an anchor that can save you LP (Like Allind or Beast hunter rivera).

Also, some tips on playing the file. Often times new players auto-revive their support units when playing undead (like Priestess of madness and broken priest). It's often a very strong move to simply let them die and maybe replay them (or something else) to activate your SS. This helps develop a stronger early-game advantage, while potentially saving up on sp for lich. Generally, 90% of the time you should let broken priest die, and it's often a better move to let PoM die and replay her on the same turn instead of simply reviving her. A lot of players often play PoM too early as well. Whatever you do, don't let your support units become an sp liability early on.

Scientiafide

Postby AqvasFire2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm

No EXCAK? That's a shame.

Beyond that, try the Chamail/SK2 SS combo third and 4th SSs. Undeads generally make short work of bigs outside of Rasam, so a one-way 50 damage fieldwipe can be especially brutal when facing down an army of buffed undeads.
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Overall I think your file is really solid. I actually think your SS is fine the way it is. Pixie Greatsword SS is a high risk high reward soul - great for lots of people. There are kind of endless nit picky things you could do - some are better than others. I wouldn't obsess over finding "the perfect build." Just find something that you can call your own and that works for your playstyle.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Scientiafide » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:29 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:No EXCAK? That's a shame.

Beyond that, try the Chamail/SK2 SS combo third and 4th SSs. Undeads generally make short work of bigs outside of Rasam, so a one-way 50 damage fieldwipe can be especially brutal when facing down an army of buffed undeads.

This is actually a really good idea. A much better alternative to hierrat SS if you want a buffing SS.

Scientiafide

Postby Aoi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions, I will be on the look out for that Shrine knight, since I don't have any copies of it, same goes for Ex Cursed Armored Knight.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby CallMeWBC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:19 am

This is my undead file

I know you don't have Ex Cursed Armored Knight, but he is almost a must have in an undead file because he is immune to maxhp hate.
Also, you might want a second copy of pact in your file.
CallMeWBC

Postby harvest4god » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Aoi wrote:Thank you all for the advice and suggestions, I will be on the look out for that Shrine knight, since I don't have any copies of it, same goes for Ex Cursed Armored Knight.

Well the EX Cursed armor knight is only availble through the EX lotto right now. That's 100 gran a pop and theres 11 EX sets out right now. So it's over 90 cards in that lotto.
harvest4god

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum