A Quick View of EX 11

Strategies and Card File Construction

A Quick View of EX 11

Postby Khiruki » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 am

Gowen
Gregory- Another gowen focus unit for the pile. Paired up with EX Fighter Pixy in the same set, he's... not too bad, actually. Brave strike can be used to set his AT to 0 outside of his action, and he gets warrior support too. Of course, in his case, the extra AT may not always be good. A slight bit unwieldy to use, but interesting enough, I guess. 6/10

EX Fighter Pixy- Nice card for focus with Samurai Lady, Litho, Feline Kin Knight, and now Gregory. 7/10

Refess
Amethyst Eater- I don't like her. Personally, I might pack one for the initial open, but she doesn't do much damage with her heal attack compared to Ruby Eater. The -1 AGI may be useful, but I wouldn't use more than two for the effect. She's also fugly. 5/10

EX Brahma- Kinda like EX Riza for EN, but with heals. She is ranged though, so she won't interfere with the Verlaat-Orfen-Weiss front line. Probably more useful if you really want EM and have no Prince Verlaat, I guess. Otherwise, there may be better unit choices. 5-6/10

Lawtia
Marchare- 4 AGI, 40 AT, 2 RNG, and soul skill immune. Only 20 HP though, adding her to the list of Assassins that die to Dragon's Breath. Free Iczer attack is nice, and her auto skill can be deadly, especially paired with Mulna. A stiff breeze still murders assassins though. Cute dolly though. 6+2 cuteness/10

EX Fenrir- Ouch. 30 AT and 5 AGI that gets buffed by Black Hound Master. 30 HP, but he heals at night because he's a Lycan. He's got potentially the strongest AT drain in Wild Dogs, which focuses him if he drains AT to 0. That's not hard v. Stuff like Owl Sage or other low AT support units. When he's focused, he double smashes (for free) like vanilla Fenrir, but if an enemy dies, they also lose 1SP next turn. Holy crap. With Fierce, it may be a serious consideration to add a little night-time support to Wild Dog files. 8->9/10

Falkow
Oeste- Not a Shade-proof Cath, but still a nasty open. +1 and -1 AGI to whoever. Not bad. Then her trait activates with Great Spirits, for her auto-buffing auto. No cem retrieval, which is a pity, but some more support to the EX Mystere spirit file, I guess. 7/10

EX Mermaid Soldier- Attack immune units are trolly. Giant Manta showed that. Mage Soldiers did too. Well, she makes two units attack immune and heals/buffs self if immune to attack as an auto. A decent lvl 3 tank for Falkow, and potential to be irritating. 7/10

Just cursory thoughts. Feel free to drop own thoughts. Haven't examined SS's closely.

This is also somewhat biased, and the ratings are not purely made on power.
Last edited by Khiruki on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Re: A Quick View of EX 11

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:24 am

Ex Fenrir and Carbuncle tribe appear to be the winners of this Ex contest based on card descriptions... not sure if I want to buy anything here.

I'm disappointed in the Mermaid since a defensive Mermaid file seems counterproductive to getting mermaids in the cemetary, but might be really good against some files.

Huge LOL at the Oest skill changes; the Falkow QQ threads that would have ensued would have been amusing. :cry: Oest seems weak, but like the mermaid, it might be really good against some files.

I'd say Lawtia has the best set of cards by far, while the others aren't that impressive except Carbuncle, which was already a really, really strong tribe.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 am

The cards isn't even out yet lol how do you nkow what htey look like xD
Callonia

Postby Khiruki » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:31 am

They are out and for sale already.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:35 am

Are all Ex cards considered characters? I was wondering if Ex Pixy could be spammed every turn or not?
gadu

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 am

Khiruki wrote:They are out and for sale already.

Oh thanks!
Callonia

Postby Khiruki » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 am

gadu wrote:Are all Ex cards considered characters? I was wondering if Ex Pixy could be spammed every turn or not?

No. You can spam EX Fighter Pixy.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby CallMeWBC » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 am

I like how you use the word "though" three times in Marchare's review.
CallMeWBC

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:37 am

I tried out Gow and Lawt on a recyling alt. The pixy is really tempting to buy for my Yug-Samurai file. She makes it so damn easy to focus, kind of defeats the point of the mechanic. Plus she can deal some good damage and grim lock @_@

I double played Fenrir and used his skill to cause a 0 SP Death's Embrace + field wipe @_@. L3 night lycans can be really strong too.

Greg seems to suck, but I didn't give him a real chance.
gadu

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 am

I am not particularly confident I would use more than one copy of the Amethyst Monarch either, not with the recent additions to the tribe. I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed by her, since her main role seems to be yet another mobile recovery powder, which is a dandy idea, but obsolete with Obsidian and Opal Carbuncle. Overall Buncles don't NEED her in any way, so the only reason to add her would be "because I can".

Morning Lycans were always a failure of a trybe, but EX Brahma is actually quite a good card. You just need tons of SP.
Though unlike Lavende and Folrart standard Bearer she does work with Weissvogel in case you run out of Verlaat, so there's that. The thing that puts her above Riza is her morning immortality, and the fact that she heals instead of draining HP.

March Hare...I don't know what to think of her, those lousy HP and the fragile speedster subtype, I'll have to test and observe her first.

EX Fenrir is the undoubted winner of this season's EX, being both a Lv3 Lycan as well as a Wild Dog debuffer.

Gregory doesn't strike me as anything fancy, other than a long winded setup for instant kill, then again I am not a particular fan of the status spam Alteil seems to have discovered during Set 8ish.

I have to admit, I am REALLY confused about Oeste's role, since I see no real benefit in having a self-buffing unit in a Great Spirit-heavy file, but just like March Hare I'll have to see for myself how useful she is.

EX Mermaid Seems to have quite the potential, I'd put her a level below EX: Fenrir in usability since she is a very typical Falkow gimmick, but overall I think she is pretty good.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum