So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:33 pm

I remember a piece of advice from a database professor of mine--one of the greatest skills you can have in your career is learning how to say a lot while really saying nothing. MysteryMan seems to have honed this down to a science.

At the end of the day, no matter how well your code runs, how smooth the loading is, or whatever other behind-the-scenes junk goes on, the fact is that Alteil is still:

A: a game that depends on the extravagant spending of a select few, resulting in
B: very poor return for spending

and due to the constraining nature of only 25 cards and 5 soul skills, we have

C: a very rock paper scissors environment, resulting in
D: a very poor competitive environment, despite Folrart being a place that only rewards winning.

So long as the underlying issues of accessibility and skill-testing aren't solved, we're going to have problems.
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Biggest problem with DG is that he thinks he is skilled somehow.
Callonia

Postby GuilleumeFG » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Callonia wrote:Biggest problem with DG is that he thinks he is skilled somehow.

he is.

AqvasFire2 wrote: poke yourself in the eye and do some special move!
GuilleumeFG

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Any information about new player recruitment/retention?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 pm

You can hate demo, but older ex cards still aren't approachable. You can't pointcard them.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:39 pm

The change I was wondering about is if Pre-built files will ever go back on sale again, or will they always stay at 1500G?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby fargone » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Well... the ex packs haven't improved in price, so I am not very optimistic about anything value based atm.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 pm

Also, the whole thing about "get 'em while they're near recycle rate before we make their price really crappy" rubs me the wrong way. If they're not recyclable for cost, then why even worry that someone is going to get an incomplete file? Perhaps the only complete meta-grade file in there is the serpent pre-built. The EN has no dagons, Gafc SSs, Fierte SS, or Eskatia (or even 3 succubus iirc). The carbuncles have no jade IIRC and certainly not amethyst eater.

Ditto EX packs. Why make someone pay 400 gran if they only want one card in there? For instance, I'd really like to test out the EX Fenrir, but have absolutely no need for the Marchhare dollsin.

Similarly, the fact that you have to buy these cards without even getting to try them at first is IMO terrible, because in theory they can be one thing, and in practice, different.
AqvasFire2

Postby Romdeau » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 pm

They are in a very risky financial situation, you can't blame them for trying to venture into a new marketing tactic when previous attempts to improve CpC (such as pre-builts) have resulted in disastrous loss of net revenue. I understand what you guys are saying as well, but there are two sides to this coin.
Romdeau

Postby Savin877 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:17 pm

Romdeau wrote:They are in a very risky financial situation, you can't blame them for trying to venture into a new marketing tactic when previous attempts to improve CpC (such as pre-builts) have resulted in disastrous loss of net revenue. I understand what you guys are saying as well, but there are two sides to this coin.

While this is certainly true, you also have to understand a good majority of Alteil NA's management caused this to happen as well, regardless of how much "permission" one needed from the masters overseas. I understand Logress' hands were tied behind his back in quite a few situations but as the head of Alteil NA's running, the responsibility falls to him in the end to answer for what we feel we have been wronged on. The result of said management is that now Alteil NA is in a dire situation and they are begging for "donations" and "funding revenue" which would be okay IF they had actually changed what the consumer base has been asking for the past three years and then proceeded to ask for support.

.....Except they havent. So here we sit waiting yet again.
Savin877

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion