So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 pm

Romdeau wrote:They are in a very risky financial situation, you can't blame them for trying to venture into a new marketing tactic when previous attempts to improve CpC (such as pre-builts) have resulted in disastrous loss of net revenue. I understand what you guys are saying as well, but there are two sides to this coin.

They've resulted in disastrous loss of net revenue because the player base is small. And obviously, if you give pinpointed spending options, you're going to lose net revenue because, think about it:

A: your biggest source of net revenue isn't lots and lots of small spenders. It's a few heavy spenders.
B: rather than forcing those heavy spenders to spend heavily, you now give them a way to spend very efficiently (read: less).

Put 2 and 2 together, Rom. The point is to give incentives for those who don't spend as often to maybe spend something here or there. But you don't have a large enough playerbase for that to happen.

In any case, selling power to create a tiered community is a quick way to stunt the growth of your audience. Yes, this is a chicken and egg problem. It's why you don't see many successfully large F2P games. But at the same time, going back to the old ways of exclusivity unless you give us an arm, leg, and your first born doesn't help much, either.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:26 pm

You said new marketing tactic. But it's the same price as in set 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and every set after that that i can remember ...

Either way. It's their choice. They may do what they like. Go ahead and good luck.

Personally i believe opting for a new game is a much better choice of spending. I have my shelves filled, but there are still plenty games i haven't tried yet.

.....Except they havent. So here we sit waiting yet again.

Yes Savin. This is one of the reasons i opened the thread. T_T
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:34 pm

I wonder if alteil have thought about getting kongreate connected to alteil.
Callonia

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Looks like there's a bit of talk about the monitization model. While the old model we were given is working well for us if it upsets our users then it's something we need to change.

I'd love to hear ideas and suggestions about ways to improve it. I'm talking about things like subscription models, rotating cards, other ways to pay (such as buying story mode games as new features come up), and the like.

For those worried about the numbers, right now they are good for us. It's what's allowing us to expand this sprint and increase our velocity while preparing for more growth in Jan.

Based on all this feedback I'll try an experiment of new motorization tactics in future sprints to see what sticks and what doesn't. I put a list of ideas on the sprint thread but there are many others. Even little ideas, like making a potion that gives you a stuff from treasure battle if you lose would be welcome, but I'd like bigger ideas like a File of the Month Club.

Keep suggestions coming and we'll go about implementing ideas in upcoming sprints.

Callonia wrote:I wonder if alteil have thought about getting kongreate connected to alteil.

Yes! Facebook and droid too :).
MysteryMan

Postby Logress » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 pm

-WARNING REPOST-

I know it doesn't feel like anything fundamental has changed in the way we do EX cards as of today, but actually I feel there is and it will rear it's head over the next two months. And here is a KEY POINT of EX packs, because they are fixed packs what's limiting your access to them is more TIME than money. For example, if you play refess and you want 3 copies of the refess EX, that's 1200 Gran. This is rather difficult to accumulate in 2 months. According to what I've tracked, EX-savvy free to low spending players calculate ahead of time how much gran they will accumulate, and thus how many packs they can get before spending. If that's enough to satisfy their soul skill (for example, EX: Fenrir has a pretty interesting and unique soul, might be worth picking up 1X of the pack even if you don't plan to play him) needs, or even your 2x needs (not every card is a 3-of include, Oeste for example is probably more of a 2 copy girl), then you're in good shape. A low spender may supplement what he can scrape together with some spending.

Now, you may notice, we no longer give -1 gran on a loss. This increases the average player who plays a lot's income by 30% weekly gran. The % this gives to occasional players is much higher, but obviously the raw number is lower. I'm interested in how this changes two things as regard to the EX cards: access and spending. My guess is that it will decrease spending by a little and increase access to one sphere of EX per low spending/free users, which would be a favorable outcome at this point.

In any case, this will be something key for us to analyze while planning for shifting around how, when and for what we make income.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:32 pm

I would spend on the EX set, but $50 for the whole thing is asking too much, in my opinion. I understand you can't just lower the price, but that kind of leaves me, and a lot of other similar players at a standstill. We refuse to pay that much for a EX set and you refuse to lower the price.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I would spend on the EX set, but $50 for the whole thing is asking too much, in my opinion. I understand you can't just lower the price, but that kind of leaves me, and a lot of other similar players at a standstill. We refuse to pay that much for a EX set and you refuse to lower the price.

Keep the feedback coming. What would you rather see? Do any of the ideas posted catch your eye as alternatives? I'm talking about form an enjoyment perspective on your end specifically.
MysteryMan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Well, I'm no expert in business and these things, but if I were you I'd try to consider doing something akin to Riot. Have cheap options for cards to get players hooked/interested, with high priced luxury options. This is great for both free players (they can get game content through grinding) and rich players (they will throw hundreds in the lotto or whatever cause why not).

In regards to EX cards, I think a leasing system could actually be really interesting. It's often times hard for players to commit a lot of money to something that have never personally used before, especially if they don't see it played too often in the arenas. If you had leasing options that allowed players to get access to these new cards for a few weeks or a month, they might really enjoy them and decide to purchase the cards permanently.

I dunno that's just my opinion.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:09 pm

One good part about that idea is that if it doesn't pan out we can just stop doing it.

Any objections if we try something like that in an upcoming sprint and see how it goes? Should give people two ways to spend.

(Like how the removing gran penalty thing was a tryout that had positive effects and became permanent)
MysteryMan

Postby crystalwind12 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:20 pm

My feedback and suggestions as one of heavy spenders of this game:

-Current price of EX full complete box is a bit expensive. Giving a free unique avatar isn't much appealing. Please include POINT CARDS(like 10 pt?) in the box.
-Recycle value of EX cards need to be increased to at least 4-star-rarity. For its buying price, the recycle value of EX cards is just ridiculous.
The low-low recycle value is one of the reasons people step back and hesitate to buy it.

-Please consider about monthly subscription model. I'd been paying this for JP Alteil2, and felt it was quite a good option along with their point card reward system.
Many low spending players around me was getting benefit from monthly subscription. They were willing to spend money to it rather than expensive card packs.

For NA alteil players, I think following options might be attractive:
1. Giving out 20~30 point cards per month for subscribers. (JP Alteil is giving out 10 pt cards, but you can get a full play-set of 5-star cards for 40 pt cards there.)
2. Giving out 200~300 grans for subscribers based on subscription fee. $2.99 or $3.99 maybe?
3. Allowing subscribers to have up to 30 file slots.
4. Allowing subscribers to have more slots to save their replays.
5. Provide Cards of the Month deal. Choose several cards every month, and allow subscribers to buy the chosen cards at special price.
6. More benefit!

I understand the subscription fees doesn't make a lot of profit with low number of player base, but having a constant revenue is not a bad idea, isn't it?
crystalwind12

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion