So all EX cards are balanced ...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So all EX cards are balanced ...

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 pm

tropireno wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:You can adjust your souls to help cover your weaknesses too

What SS covers Return? It's not as simple as, say, putting in a Sergis to help the undead matchup.

SS that do direct damage or things like Rasam are great verse falkow. Things that require card combos, are not. If you find yourself losing to rushes a lot use things like 40x2 damage souls. They're great verse all falkow.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
tropireno wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:You can adjust your souls to help cover your weaknesses too

What SS covers Return? It's not as simple as, say, putting in a Sergis to help the undead matchup.

SS that do direct damage or things like Rasam are great verse falkow. Things that require card combos, are not. If you find yourself losing to rushes a lot use things like 40x2 damage souls. They're great verse all falkow.

Ehh, go merc nation and enjoy like 40 x3 souls xD
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 pm

such a sad excuse for a counter ...
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Well if you only look at one matchup and whine about counters this is what happens. There are tons of unbalanced matchups in the game. Get over it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:32 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well if you only look at one matchup and whine about counters this is what happens. There are tons of unbalanced matchups in the game. Get over it.

The balancing team and their non-accountability to the players that paid for those cards and whose cards they nerf don't help matters, either.
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Buncles cant tank?
Well, mine does lose to wk. All that's needed is violet sin and my file is done. Of course if i get to take out jade buncle things might be different. Predicting it does not help. Neither does resting.
Icyman2

Postby Kemious » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:The balancing team and their non-accountability to the players that paid for those cards and whose cards they nerf don't help matters, either.

I don't understand this statement.

In theory I guess your saying that the cards should be perfect on Release and by Nerfing cards, testers are cheating people who paid for their cards. There are faults and mistakes that testing team makes that is true and should be accountable for such.

Balance is not something that is simply achieved its active the small changes here and there that are done are to try to help achieve balance. That includes Nerfing buffing and the like to a host of cards.
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 pm

I don't care about perfect cards on release. I care about having many erratas. I don't understand why there can't be one every week. There are a lot of suggestions made here, you probably have the data to back it up and yet errata comes twice a year. If you made a mistake on the errata, then you can always undo it. If you nerf an unpopular mechanic out of existence, and the majority of players rejoice (get a voting system with ip address attached to it), then aren't you making customers happy?
Icyman2

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Icyman2 wrote:I don't care about perfect cards on release. I care about having many erratas. I don't understand why there can't be one every week. There are a lot of suggestions made here, you probably have the data to back it up and yet errata comes twice a year. If you made a mistake on the errata, then you can always undo it. If you nerf an unpopular mechanic out of existence, and the majority of players rejoice (get a voting system with ip address attached to it), then aren't you making customers happy?

Careful there, Icy. Not every voice on balance should count for the same. You can have someone who has gaping mistakes in play vs. someone who is a top season RP record holder. In a good game, the latter better have a much bigger voice than the former.

And yes, Kemious, I'm saying that the testing team is indeed cheating those who not only paid for cards, but invested their time in creating strategies, and so forth. By the time a card gets released, its power shouldn't come crashing down, because who knows how much money was spent trying to acquire it? EG if I spent $20 trying to obtain a set of Ruuca on set 10's release, well, I wanted that Ruuca that can just constantly summon a fiery dragon every turn and crush any rush, or with enough SP generation, cycle ice dragons to engage bigs into the abyss.

Once she got nerfed, well, why did I just spend $20? Will my $20 get refunded? Or my point cards? Or whatever else?

Here's a good analogy--if you spent $750 to buy a brand new laptop from me, you'd feel pretty ripped off if in a month, I came and took that laptop and replaced it with a version with less RAM, less processing power, and more hours of use, right? Well, it's no different here. People spend time/money acquiring a certain card. When the balance team comes and nerfs that card, they don't just nerf the card--they make the resources spent acquiring it that much more meaningless.

And when I msged harvest4god about the testing team being accountable to the players that actually pay for the cards, he was very hostile to me, to say the least.
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Do we duel with laptops and brag and crush skulls of the people via iczer attacks of whom actually bring less powerful laptops?

Poor comparison there dg.

Overpowered cards get nerfed for good health of Alteil.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion