So all EX cards are balanced ...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So all EX cards are balanced ...

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Callonia wrote:Do we duel with laptops and brag and crush skulls of the people via iczer attacks of whom actually bring less powerful laptops?

Poor comparison there dg.

Overpowered cards get nerfed for good health of Alteil.

I don't think we crush skulls in Alteil, either, Call.
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:
Callonia wrote:Do we duel with laptops and brag and crush skulls of the people via iczer attacks of whom actually bring less powerful laptops?

Poor comparison there dg.

Overpowered cards get nerfed for good health of Alteil.

I don't think we crush skulls in Alteil, either, Call.

You lie, you're telling me that giants in alteil don't crush skulls either. Like, cyclops!
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Well the comparison whether good or bad is irrelevant. He has a good point, to some extent.

You pay for something that you want to get. Let's say this 50$ set 11 had some really strong stuff in it and many would spend on it because of that. Two weeks later it gets nerfed. They will feel cheated of the money and it's sort of justified, because you know what you spent for and that is, you didn't spend for something that will be nerfed at random.

But then what if something is underpowered and you got it for free? Should that be taken away from you or what?

Well either way. The games does cost a lot. A broken set will cost around 300$ to get and once it's nerfed into oblivion you'll probably rage quit the game, but does that mean we need to keep the game with the flaws it has?
See at the same time there are others who spend for a flawless or at least the idea of a flawless environment that can be fixed and if the broken cards aren't nerfed then they will think those in charge don't want to fix the issues!

Going along with the laptop analogy, if your laptop has a script on it that will send viruses to my laptop or your laptop kills those around you by resonating on the astral plane with those around you, then i think your laptop needs the nerf ...
But a better analogy would have been race cars from the whaky racers cartoons. If the crazed scientist's car uses the death ray to kill all before the race even starts then it does need to be toned down regardless of how much he spent on building it. :lol:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Kemious » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Interesting Analogy there. However let me put it to you another way.

Say you bought that computer and it works as intended, but there something on the computer that allows you to access other people's wifi for free when you load it with a wifi driver software that doesn't normally match up with your the computer's hardware interface. Now at first its all good. Nobody is really getting hurt after all. But Lets say this software combinations starts to really run down the machine and will substantially shorten the life of the computer. Some people of course seeing the glitch will want to do the same thing and buy the computer to exploit it.

Seeing this the company sees that this glitch is bad for the computer, the company releases a software update to stop the mix match software glitch from giving you free wifi. Now Obviously people who specifically spent all their money so they could exploit the glitch won't be to happy. But the general population would rather keep their computers running then have die out on them and no longer be able to get wi fi anyway.

Admittedly It is something that shouldn't happen but many things in life inverently occur and I do apologies for anything like that, that happens
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:06 am

I don't like that analogy, Kemious, because in your case, such a glitch is completely unintended. But Jack was working as intended. So did Ruuca. So did Elite Fencer. So did Emana. So did Bringer. It wasn't like "omfg if this card doesn't get nerfed the game is ruined". There were quite a few answers to all the "omfg broken" stuff, it's just that to answer it, you had to play to win, that is, run the most ruthlessly efficient files; files built to counter and win in the most consistent ways possible, even if that meant having matches that were more controlled and not as crazy.
AqvasFire2

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:44 am

Folrart arena of nothing but Pegasus kingdom, big red, and Ruucas isn't the answer.
Callonia

Postby Kemious » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:10 am

AqvasFire2 wrote:I don't like that analogy, Kemious, because in your case, such a glitch is completely unintended. But Jack was working as intended. So did Ruuca. So did Elite Fencer. So did Emana. So did Bringer. It wasn't like "omfg if this card doesn't get nerfed the game is ruined". There were quite a few answers to all the "omfg broken" stuff, it's just that to answer it, you had to play to win, that is, run the most ruthlessly efficient files; files built to counter and win in the most consistent ways possible, even if that meant having matches that were more controlled and not as crazy.

For you and several others that may work. I mean we have players who consistently play none meta files in-spite of knowing they'll almost always lose cause their strategy and the cards around it are poor.So your point is valid. But for the majority thats not fun. Having to play that single ruthless file with very little variation. day in and day out. And for the majority fun is what this game is about.

Now I know you don't like my earlier analogy but i still think it fits and heres why

We'll start with Jack. Jack was meant to deal with Refess Tanks at the time. Something Gowen was having issues with at the time. Now Jack was a bit tricky because as everyone knows he does have any atk power naturally and most stats want to be filled so i'm guessing they put the additional range just to fill the numbers.

I'm pretty sure they did not intend for elite fencer to intially interact with serpent the way he did.

Emana was intended to help out mermaids.

Bringer probably didnt need the nerf considering the power creeps and the like.

This is an argument neither of us are going to achieve our goals of convincing one another. You are entitled to your opinion after all. I'm just gonna stop arguing about if with ya
Not even once retreating
Kemious

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 am

So I was all giddy and ready to use EX: Fortune, Only ot see that her open skill only affects lvl 4 and below, No wonder why noone plays her, she's a useless card. USeless againt all the op stuff that is lvl 5 and up like athira shina nd bringer etc.

*Callonia is now kicking the useless ex fortune out of the newly built file.*

What a pity, it was a fun duel ruined by useless conditionals that plague refess sphere.

I can't believe i even bothered giving ex fortune a chance.
Callonia

Postby Kemious » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:21 am

Fortune is amazing. Yeah the level 4 restriction is a bit annoying but not very many cards can comeback from a range debuff. She's very much a single copy card any more than one and u have problems. She won me a couple a matches against Dilate, Jack and the like.
Not even once retreating
Kemious

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 am

Kemious wrote:Fortune is amazing. Yeah the level 4 restriction is a bit annoying but not very many cards can comeback from a range debuff. She's very much a single copy card any more than one and u have problems. She won me a couple a matches against Dilate, Jack and the like.

It doesnt do anything against athira shin! I was like all yay and summoned ex fortune then oh , there's a lvl 4 restriction? pfffft 6 sp down the drain. Well if i think it that way, It was a good duel anyways i got a bunch of new combos to use but ex fortune isn't part of it now atm anyways. XD
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion