So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby angelspawns » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:29 pm

A rental system based on FM would be cool. FM is made by playing in the Arena, thus this kind of system promotes & rewards active play.
It will help (free)players in creating Underdog decks or playing meta files.

At the same time pricing the amount of FM is a tricky thing. Current playerbase already has a crapton FM gathered, they could rent cards for years without ever laying down a penny again... You also want to leave incentive to actually BUY the cards for keeps after a rental period is over. Making some sort of clausule that tacles these 'problems' is needed when creating this rental feature. ;) I suggested this a few times before... maybe i'll look it up and see if i got a more elaborated post about it with more details.
angelspawns

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Logress, Mysteryman:

Words. Are. Cheap.

You can say all you want, we the players still see 400 gran EX packs. You want to be diplomatic? Take your diplomacy and shove it. Actions speak far louder than words. To create an additional pack of EX cards costs next to nothing. They're virtual bits. Yet, people pay real money for them.

Here's what Fargone has been preaching and what you both seem to completely miss.

Alteil is not World of Warcraft. Alteil is not Starcraft 2. Alteil is not Magic: the Gathering. So stop touting the game as some great thing, because it's the #1 online card game (pretty huge qualification already) in Japan. Over across the pacific, video games are serious business. In the west, Geek Culture still is a niche. For instance, the number of likes that Jessica Nigri, Yaya Han, Vampy Bit Me, Abby Darkstar (Keabtium), Ana Aesthetic, Monika Lee, and whoever else...combined don't match up with the likes of one filipino cosplayer, Alodia Gosiengfiao, who has around 3x more I'd venture to guess, than the entire American cosplay community combined.

So with that established, let's call Alteil what it is: a computer game. In the West[b]. So stop trying to hit home runs and aim to give spending options that will give a lot of players feel like they can get [b]something for a very low amount of money.

For instance, with the EX Packs.

Recycle rates: 30x2+10x2+5=85. An EX pack costs 400 and recycles for 85 gran. So we're talking 21% recycle rate.

Here's a nice rule:

85-95% recycle rate on everything, perhaps rounded up to the nearest 5. You want to encourage spending? Card of the X. Card of the day, card of the month, whatever. A set of 1*s? 20 gran. Set of 2*s? 35. Set of 3*s? 100. Set of 4*s? 500 gran. Set of 5*s? 1000 gran. Yes, that's right--singles. The entire point is to encourage targeted spending and not make people feel buyers remorse.

There's a very good reason that a lot of players are determined to stay free/low spenders, while a lot of previously heavy spenders don't want to spend again.
AqvasFire2

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I would spend on the EX set, but $50 for the whole thing is asking too much, in my opinion. I understand you can't just lower the price, but that kind of leaves me, and a lot of other similar players at a standstill. We refuse to pay that much for a EX set and you refuse to lower the price.

I think Gon is rather spot on here. It seems kind of silly not to give the customers what they want, though. I mean, you're only losing money in doing so.

From what I understand right now, some veterans don't mind "donating" to help keep the game afloat now, but they want to see some changes. A lot of people like this game and are willing to help ensure it doesn't go under, but there's a feeling that a lot of the mistakes that were made before are being made again, with the main one being the really high pricing and poor cost per content.

Personally, I'm not spending money at all unless I feel the prices are fair. I did spend a lot on the black friday sale (about $200 or so), and was very pleased with what I got. I can't justify spending the 50 bucks on the EX pack though, you're getting too little for that price imo.

Personally, some changes I'd like to see include:

1) Allowing players to buy point cards with gran to help them pinpoint certain cards.

2) Changing the point card ratios involved. 10 point cards for a 1 star and 20 for a 2 star is way too high. I'd probably consider lowering the 3 star point card price as well, although I've heard some people have spent point cards on 3 stars before so it's hard to say (personally I'd rather spend them on 4 and 5 stars). The option to pinpoint EX cards would also be appreciated.

3) More benefits for being a premium player.

4) Lower prices all around for random purchases. I felt the EX black friday prices were actually pretty fair (60 gran per card, 30 gran recycle rate for a random EX). The hyper lotto prices were maybe a a little too low to be honest (at a 95-100% recycle rate it seems). You could probably do an 80-90% recycle rate (depending on the type of lotto) and most players would feel happy with that. You'd have to include different types of lotto instead of only a "all the cards in the card pool" type of deal: things like lottos by set, rarity, etc.

5) Lower prices for pinpointing cards. These EX packs are too expensive as is imo (a feeling many other players have also expressed). I think 100 gran per EX card in these packs would be pretty fair. I personally have never cared much for the 2 stars included since I often already have them (the EX cards are usually the main attraction anyway).

For pinpointing other rarities, I'd be happy with around a 70% recycle rate.

Scientiafide

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 pm

60%? Why? See, cards cost nothing to make. There's no printing, no shipping, no shelving, none of that. They're virtual bits. Player hits the "shop" button, and you just change some variables in his directory and wham.

Why shouldn't everything have a 90-95% recycle rate? You want to spend 1000 gran? You'll get 1000 gran's worth of cards that you feel you can use, rather than "spend 1000 gran, receive 600 gran worth of usable cards". The whole gambling aspect is really stupid IMO. Because in a TCG, if the meta is healthy, there's bound to be some good aggro deck, some good control deck, some good combo deck, some good bigspell deck, whatever. And ideally, all cards will be useful. So if you open a bomb card but for a deck you certainly can't see yourself playing (it involves far more chase rares, for instance), you can go "oh hey, well, I just got this bomb card, but I never see myself using it, so can I trade it for something". In Alteil, OH NOES, DATZ GAMBLIN! (Bravo Sierra btw, it's that with the free card giveaways at certain levels, Logress is afraid that free players will create alts and farm and trade with themselves all day. Nobody here would protest trading.)

In Alteil, if you open some sorta bomb card (EG Aliria) yet don't see yourself playing Refess, well, tough cookies. You can recycle her for 300 gran and get who knows what (most likely nothing).

I say we all just go a month without spending until we're listened to. If changes still aren't made, boycott for another month. And so on.
AqvasFire2

Postby fargone » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Fail. Total fail.

No. We do not want to lease the cards. They are digital FFS, fix their prices.

If you can't fix their prices, then run rabbit run. New ppl will come, they will feel outraged after spending and then leave. It is good that you have been able to help the free players and I applaud what you have done there. But at what cost?

You expect me, the big spender to continue to carry your crap business model designed to make my **** so sore after spending that I often find myself at the doctor seeking evidence of rectal tearing.

I don't want to lease cards because they are over-priced. Seriously, if you can't fix the costs almost immediately, you are going to have a very unhappy current player base, and they will destroy your chances of making it work. You already have a very bad player culture which you have let fester like an open wound. Now you are adding salt to the wound.

My advice: Sort your **** out fast. Reduce the player costs and increase your player base. Apologise for the error made in the costing of the ex pack and re-cost it ASAP. Has all of our issues regarding cpc - which, in spite of your insistence that it has been new player experience, has been your real point of failure the whole time.

You know what happens at around level 10 that you fail to understand? Easy, people consider spending some money at around that time, they look at the shop, and they never return. Why does it take someone with no data to explain this to you? What will you do with this information?

That you have worked so h-ard on everything else and failed to address this is, in my view, absurd. It shows fundamental failure of understanding that I find both shocking and alarming. This is one your chance to make it work - go h-ard or go home.

PS: I have ceased my spending completely until the shop changes. Say goodbye to my hundreds of dollars until you can offer me something realistic in return. I will no longer be supporting the game in chat until it is fixed.

Edit: What idiot replace h a r d with difficult. That is the single most stupid word replacement I have seen on a forum.
Last edited by fargone on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 pm

fargone wrote:Fail. Total fail.

No. We do not want to lease the cards. They are digital FFS, fix their prices.

If you can't fix their prices, then run rabbit run. New ppl will come, they will feel outraged after spending and then leave. It is good that you have been able to help the free players and I applaud what you have done there. But at what cost?

You expect me, the big spender to continue to carry your crap business model designed to make my **** so sore after spending that I often find myself at the doctor seeking evidence of rectal tearing.

I don't want to lease cards because they are over-priced. Seriously, if you can't fix the costs almost immediately, you are going to have a very unhappy current player base, and they will destroy your chances of making it work. You already have a very bad player culture which you have let fester like an open wound. Now you are adding salt to the wound.

My advice: Sort your **** out fast. Reduce the player costs and increase your player base. Apologise for the error made in the costing of the ex pack and re-cost it ASAP. Has all of our issues regarding cpc - which, in spite of your insistence that it has been new player experience, has been your real point of failure the whole time.

That you have worked so h-ard on everything else and failed to address this is, in my view, absurd. It shows fundamental failure of understanding that I find both shocking and alarming. This is one your chance to make it work - go hard or go home.

Edit: What idiot replace h a r d with difficult. That is the single most stupid word replacement I have seen on a forum.

They don't want players talking about hard ons, it's a family forum

Scientiafide

Postby fargone » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Scientiafide wrote:They don't want players talking about hard ons, it's a family forum

The lazy **** should get off his **** and find a moderator instead of chopping out so many words we have to severely limit our vocabulary when saying even the most simple of things.

All care, no responsibility.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:37 pm

In short used to be censored.

And fargone is right about 'hard', that is indeed difficult stupid.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:38 pm

fargone wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:They don't want players talking about hard ons, it's a family forum

The lazy **** should get off his **** and find a moderator instead of chopping out so many words we have to severely limit our vocabulary when saying even the most simple of things.

I agree, it's all about context. Seems silly to chop out the word in that instance. It's not like you said difficult on or anything. That would be problematic.

Scientiafide

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Scientiafide wrote:
fargone wrote:

I agree, it's all about context. Seems silly to chop out the word in that instance. It's not like you said difficult on or anything. That would be problematic.

Haha nice, it censored me there but not my previous comment.

Scientiafide

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion