So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: So what exactly changed / will change about alteil???

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm

fargone wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:They don't want players talking about hard ons, it's a family forum

The lazy **** should get off his **** and find a moderator instead of chopping out so many words we have to severely limit our vocabulary when saying even the most simple of things.

All care, no responsibility.

And am I supposed to take that mod seriously if gon dosn't get banned?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby angelspawns » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Could we please stop and clutter this topic with non related issues?

DG's and Fargones posts relating to the current issues are interesting. The CpC model is indeed something that has to be changed. Currently the best Free2Play models offer the option of playing to get what you want, pay to get it FASTER. Payment options are often for vanity things (seasonal Art, different Avatar) or additional content not needed to enjoy the 'normal way' of playing the game. (Replay Slots, more cardfile Slots)
But i believe Apocoplay knows about this all. Mysteryman was asking for more ideas. None the less i'll also voice the changes i want to see to our current options:

Pricing:
- Pointcard value.
It needs to be revised. Pointcards are THE way to collect the cards you want, but 2500FM for 1 PtCard doesn't sound realistic for grinding a card together. 10Pt for 1*, 20Pt for 2*, etc. is to much.
Things like Underdog Achievement and 5of7's do not fix this problem, it's a bandaid to those able to participate. And a lowsy one at that... I participated in almost every 5of7 and never won a price untill the very last one... 3rd place at that...
Hardly any comfort to a new player asking "How do i get that moxy? I like to play that too? Where did you get a succubus?"...

- Recycle value.
95% recycle value is too much, but 75%~85% in an enviroment WHERE YOU CANT TRADE and pulls RANDOM sounds reasonable?
Either implement trading to add value to the cards (prefered!! Don't care if you even have to lower current recycle value for it) or stop being greedy about them.

- FM Value.
Give some purchase options with FM. I don't like how recommended and needed purchases for new players aren't FM buyable. Succubus shouldn't be a Gran issue to get for the Lawtia Starter?
An FM>Gran conversion could be another way.

- Shop prices.
Remove trapholes. (Packs n Boxes) Better to stop scaming your playerbase with bad purchase options, then to keep feeding on their terrible CpC. Paying 150Gran to get a Pack > get shtty cards > end up with 40Gran sure made me think twice about spending for a long time. With Prebuilds and ExPacks you know what you get and how much you spend... even if people find it to costly, atleast we can decide beforehand if it's worthit to purchase.
Some of the random Shop Items however are straight out traps to waste money on, some even advertised as 'must buy'...

Sofar my ideas about current system. Now onto new ways to get more content:

- Pinpoint options.
1.) Give out a fixed amount of Pointcards with Packs and Box purchases. If i buy a Box of a particulair Set, atleast let me have the ensurance i can get ONE copy of a desired card.
2.) More Achievements with rewards. Under Safiria's planning bureau i made a thread named achievements a while ago. Look it up if you're interested...
3.) Trading. Once again, look it up under Safiria's... There's a detailed post exploring all the possible hickups/abuse of such system and their solutions. Along with options that meet somewhere 'in the middle'.
4.)...

...to be honest, i'm tired of making long thoughtout posts about new content. I felt like a fool for sticking so much thought and time into them long ago. Safiria's Planning Bureau is my favorite section, but it's been "Safiria's Ignored outlet for your opinions how we should run this game". To long have all ideas been ignored by the management, and i promised myself to stop caring and feel like a fool. I understand you might actually be looking for players opinions now, but really... If you want ideas, my answer to almost anything you ask is there.
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

There was a WHAT IF thread somewhere. Hope that one was carefully analyzed.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Well remember they can't just lower prices or let you pinpoint for nothing - these things decrease sales. I think they should make all commons more accessible for relatively cheap, but keep the price of rares jacked up. It's real similar to Riot's business model.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Except Gon that is not how i read it. Mysterman said financially they look good this month. What percentage of that is from the black friday event where we had 99% recycle rate or from this EX sale? I put in 90 usd to the black friday sale myself. It was a good buy.

I agree with your post on the 46 usd to get 24 cards which recycle at 1/7 th their purchase price where you might only need 2 copies of some of them.

All the cards should have a fixed recycle to purchase cost whatever that is? Crystalwind's post was sound. I have advocated a subscription model before. I also think you guys should think about a p500 model like gmtgames does. That way you know beforehand who will buy before you implement it.

2EX a month at 1-1.50 usd a card (24-36 usd for box) versus 1 ex a month at 45 usd per set is a much better for both parties.

Subscription at say 5 usd a month gets you a set of Ex (new) plus (y) pt cards etc.

I am talking about 20 new cards developed and put into play a month with this model. I don't think it borders on the realm of impossible.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:43 pm

The truth of the matter is that logress has not actually done the job on the monetary side, which is something he probably should have started with.

He needs to determine a fair and equitable maximum value for each customer. He needs to ensure his business model isn't raping those who support it financially while at the same time providing opportunities for the free players to also accumulate cards and enjoy the game. Niether of those aspects should impact on the other. He has address free players, but I, who have spent thousands here and supported those free players, feel like I am still expected to do so. I will not express the emotion I feel behind that, but I think you can come with a few choice words that would describe it well.

At the moment, the maximun value for each player is unlimited. There isn't one. That is to say, there is nothing to stop someone from potentially spending thousands of dollars on this game and STILL not get what they want. See Gota as an example. He spent over $500 trying to get a single card. The management never even offered him the card after that much spending (disgusting). It is my opinion that they need to increase the player pool so that they can fix the monetary side to be fair. This needs to be of the highest priority if they are already struggling for funds. Ultimately, this is not a low cost investment, but the potential gains, if done correctly, are huge.

The monetary side needs to be fixed before they can reasonably expect ppl to spend again. Otherwise, they will continue to have this attitude around their game that it is a rip-off. NO game succeeds with that on their plate, and this one is no different.

Any business manager knows that "goodwill" is the powerful thing a business can have.
Last edited by fargone on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 pm

fargone wrote:The truth of the matter is that logress has not actually done the job on the monetary side, which is something he probably should have started with.

He needs to determine a fair and equitable maximum value for each customer. He needs to ensure his business model isn't raping those who support it financially while at the same time providing opportunities for the free players to also accumulate cards and enjoy the game. Niether of those aspects should impact on the other. He has address free players, but I, who have spent thousands here and supported those free player, feel like I am still expected to do so. I will not express the emotion I feel behind that, but I think you can come with a few choice words that would describe it well.

At the moment, the maximun value for each player is unlimited. There isn't one. That is to say, there is nothing to stop someone from potentially spending thousands of dollars on this game and STILL not get what they want. See Gota as an example. He spent over $500 trying to get a single card. The management never even offered him the card after that much spending (disgusting).

Nothing has changed in that regard. That needs to be fixed before they can reasonably expect ppl to spend again. Otherwise, they will continue to have this attitude around their game that it is a rip-off. NO game succeeds with that on their plate, and this one is no different.

Any business manager knows that "goodwill" is the powerful thing a business can have.

He should have done the bolded part already. That's the first thing that should have been done.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm

The apathy kinda washed over me today.

Why is MM still a thing? I'm 99% sure it drives away free players when they see the only way to advance is to spend 20 minutes on a **** memory puzzle for kindergarteners, for what? ~1/40th of an EX pack? I remember telling people that you can get gran by playing MM and the general reaction was almost always "I'm not going to play a game just so I can play the game I want to play".

Why can't I show replays to people who are interested in the game? I'm a free player, yeah. The way I choose to support the game is to show it off, which I can not do because whoops, no replays for free players.

Why are pointcards still retardedly costed?

I'm kinda hoping Logress is waiting for the development to hit the spot where he can just modify this stuff at will. Maybe moving and Lupos not being around makes this stuff hard to figure out or something? Maybe after the version-up of the game is finished we can actually see relevant fixes to the core issues?
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Having at least 1 free replay slot is mandatory in my opinion, because you can then advertise the game and that's not for your own benefit obviously it helps the game in the long run a lot.

In fact that's why i even kept insisting on having replays back when we didn't have any. I asked for them over and over again and kept saying that it's a good way to share games with friends and thus be able to advertise for the game itself ...

What did we get?
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:31 am

LoneKnight wrote:Why is MM still a thing? I'm 99% sure it drives away free players when they see the only way to advance is to spend 20 minutes on a **** memory puzzle for kindergarteners, for what? ~1/40th of an EX pack? I remember telling people that you can get gran by playing MM and the general reaction was almost always "I'm not going to play a game just so I can play the game I want to play".

Why can't I show replays to people who are interested in the game? I'm a free player, yeah. The way I choose to support the game is to show it off, which I can not do because whoops, no replays for free players.

Why are pointcards still retardedly costed?

Well... it just happened I kinda like memory game, and I can finish 10 Gran one in 1 minute or less.
Faster than finishing at least 6 turn 1 match, especially with my current stupid internet speed.
So I'm glad MM option still available as alternative for free lottery.

But yeah...
Pretty agree about replay and PC cost.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion