EX 11 is up

Official News and Announcements

Re: EX 11 is up

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:
Urkredel wrote:very disappointed for the pricing .

Nothing is really changing, the pricing it's still the same, awful and scam-looking. Logress open your eyes!!

According to Rom, the spending at the moment is keeping the game afloat for this small community, so Logress doesn't want to change anything in the near future for fear of the game going under due to decreased spending.

In other words, we have a chicken and egg issue. Can't create better spending options to attract new players out of fear game will go under. Can't attract new players because spending options are so terrible.

And considering Logress and GGG live in NYC with a baby, they're not exactly in a position to take gambles.

Honestly that doesn't make any sense. Continuing with these incredibly high prices when you're trying to gain new players is also a gamble, especially considering that these were the same problems that led to the game going under the first time. Depending on a small handful of customers to spend a lot of money is a HUGE gamble, a ton can go wrong with that plan. As it is, not many people can justify spending $50 on a playset of 8 new cards...

Scientiafide

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Well, to be fair, you don't need to get all 8, you can get decent value just getting say, one sphere that you're interested in.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 pm

But if you want them all why is it a must to pay the price of a full new game?

10$ that's the maximum I'd pay for them.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well, to be fair, you don't need to get all 8, you can get decent value just getting say, one sphere that you're interested in.

The value you're getting is the same whether you get one sphere or all of them. You're getting 20% recycle value of what you spent.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby phailures » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:00 pm

When are these going to be in the store til?
phailures

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Logress wrote:EX 11 is up in the shop, including with a COMPLETE PACK at 4600 Gran. In addition, GGG is going to make an Oeste clothes (!) avatar and we'll be giving that out to those who buy the box.

Don'tcha mean Oeste clothes-deficient avatar? :lol:

Scientiafide

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:54 pm

We just had 100% recycle value lotto. I think you guys need to cool it.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:01 pm

No we didn't. Some got lucky, yes, that's expected. There was no guarantee for certain recycle value, but that's how lotto is.

And it doesn't change the pricyness of the ex lotto.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Icyman2 wrote:We just had 100% recycle value lotto. I think you guys need to cool it.

This. Well, for me it was like 90% recycle lol. Actually got 2nd and 1st copies of some cards.
Callonia

Postby wakka9ca » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Icyman2 wrote:We just had 100% recycle value lotto. I think you guys need to cool it.

The lotto was nice to those with a large collection which is a very good move.

However, the pricing model of the EX cards has always been quite upsetting. I am not saying they should now sell all EX box at 500 gran. A good pricing model is like that of Batora packs. 500 gran for 4 badass Batora cards. Clearly, normal EX are not Batora EX. If you do a 1$ per card instead, any new EX box should cost no more than 3200 gran. That would have been a good step. Eventually, a small digital EX set release should be costing no more than 3000 gran for a full set. It's 8 cards. Designing and playtesting 8 cards is much easier than 60.

Despite that, I will still buy the box to support the game and the new company, which is currently in a transitory phase (i.e. not fully stabilized yet). Nevertheless, I think they should start to plan for a less aggressive pricing scheme in the future after the game gets revamped through a few sprints and milestones.

Speaking of which, when will we hear about Batora... Phsst! er-I mean the unspeakable one?
wakka9ca

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart