Ok i reread the thread from start to finish. There has to be a crossing of cost and demand on the cards. There is noway in hell it is linear. As it stands now outside of a blackfriday event, a 5 star "retails" for 15 usd. That is crazy expensive. Are you saying that if you double its cost to 30 usd you will sell twice as many?
I would love to see the numbers pulled on that 1500 gran random 5 star lotto.
I think what is implied is this. Lets suppose that 5 % of users are spenders. Lets also say that they are willing to pay current prices. We will assume the other 95% are completely free. So if we have 100 users exact and 5 spenders that pay say 50 usd for a box of EX then we bet 250 usd. If we then change the price to 40 usd we get 200 usd.
I think the net number of spenders is relatively constant or at least it was. Prebuild allowed players really good decks at an affordable cost. That deck they could use. For a long time and thus they didn't feel a need to upgrade by risking granto get better cards.
I have absolutely no opinion on this rent to own stuff. I do like subscription and a spending cap per set. Fixed recycle rate per card to say 75-90%. Keep the costs current - up the recycle rate? I don't know.
I just cannot fathom how you think 50 usd for 24 cards is a good value with that recycle %.
Sorry to be blunt but that is truth.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.