Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Callonia wrote:Have u guys thought about kongretate?

Yes we have :). It wouldn't hurt to see what's needed to be a kongregate app next sprint (how koins vs gran works, if we'd allow users logged in from alteil.com to fight people from kogergate, make sure there aren't any IP restrictions we'd violate by joining, etc).
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Chat is in pre-alpha test and ready for feedback. It hasn't been skinned yet, doesn't have alteil login yet, doesn't have new features like automatically showing links when you mention card names (like it does with youtube videos), etc... but at its core it's a JabbR engine.
MysteryMan

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Ok i reread the thread from start to finish. There has to be a crossing of cost and demand on the cards. There is noway in hell it is linear. As it stands now outside of a blackfriday event, a 5 star "retails" for 15 usd. That is crazy expensive. Are you saying that if you double its cost to 30 usd you will sell twice as many?

I would love to see the numbers pulled on that 1500 gran random 5 star lotto.

I think what is implied is this. Lets suppose that 5 % of users are spenders. Lets also say that they are willing to pay current prices. We will assume the other 95% are completely free. So if we have 100 users exact and 5 spenders that pay say 50 usd for a box of EX then we bet 250 usd. If we then change the price to 40 usd we get 200 usd.

I think the net number of spenders is relatively constant or at least it was. Prebuild allowed players really good decks at an affordable cost. That deck they could use. For a long time and thus they didn't feel a need to upgrade by risking granto get better cards.

I have absolutely no opinion on this rent to own stuff. I do like subscription and a spending cap per set. Fixed recycle rate per card to say 75-90%. Keep the costs current - up the recycle rate? I don't know.

I just cannot fathom how you think 50 usd for 24 cards is a good value with that recycle %.

Sorry to be blunt but that is truth.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 am

MysteryMan wrote:One big one is a roaming public card model, in where we give free sets to everyone for a month and let people spend gran to keep that set.

I personally think this one is decent idea, though my opinion might change once the gran amount needed show up.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 am

MysteryMan wrote:Chat is in pre-alpha test and ready for feedback. It hasn't been skinned yet, doesn't have alteil login yet, doesn't have new features like automatically showing links when you mention card names (like it does with youtube videos), etc... but at its core it's a JabbR engine.

After extensive testing there is something that bugs me: Is there actually no function to unlock a locked room?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am

Shirozaki wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Chat is in pre-alpha test and ready for feedback. It hasn't been skinned yet, doesn't have alteil login yet, doesn't have new features like automatically showing links when you mention card names (like it does with youtube videos), etc... but at its core it's a JabbR engine.

After extensive testing there is something that bugs me: Is there actually no function to unlock a locked room?

What?

I can't even get into chat, it keeps asking me to login even after i logged in several times. :?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
Shirozaki wrote:

What?

I can't even get into chat, it keeps asking me to login even after i logged in several times. :?

The login process is a placeholder until it gets integrated with the game, but you still should be able to test http://chat.apocoplay.com/#/rooms/Alteil

What login provider did you choose? Used Google on my end.

Also....

type the following lined into the new chat and see what happens (work in process)
card: bringer
card: cat
card: 12
MysteryMan

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Used Google.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:23 pm

I think I know what happened, Peralisc9001 . If you don't grant the application permission to identify your google account as unique you can't log in. You can either grant it permission, use another account, or I can make a dummy account for you.

In any case this should be a problem for too much longer as I'll be integrating the Alteil Login into this instead.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry you had to go through that.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Note: The test chat is in progress and will be reset constantly while in alpha. It will be particularly funky over the next few days when in incorporate friends list, guild functionality, alteil login support, alteil avatars, and more importantly,make some infrastructural changes.
MysteryMan

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion