Ask for public opinion, before creating cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Ask for public opinion, before creating cards

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Like the tittle says. Let people test new cards first on a testserver before implementing them. Hold a survey afterwards to get feedback. Anything...
Right now people just get cards shoved in their faces, and simply have to deal with it. They clutter the forums with angry posts and feedback.
All this can be prevented, collected, and spoken about beforehand (or afterwards) in a more organized manner.

Some stuff just fails. Errata's just fail. Right now i only have to point to the MD EX, and can immediatly tell what you missed when creating her:
- i need 1 passive turn, to do 2 auto-hits. The doll has 20HP... nothing ensures me i get to do 2 hits next turn.
I'll just hit the attack button for these 2 turns? That passive turn should count for something too, in current enviroment with all openphase killing. Right now it's a 20HP card and skill i simply wont bother with in a dolls deck.

And that's just the most recent example. Past examples that show it's needed may be errata's that completely failed to do better. AntSwarm is the most glaring example. MD Mini is made even worse then it was. Where did Ermitage statpoints go? And so forth...
Lots of things go by unnoticed to the design team. Probably because it's to small and with not enough time. Things are easily spotted by those who actively use your cards day in and out though.

I know i'm more or less just stating the obvious here. But will there ever be taken action by the management? Where's the survey for previous errata's or new Ex? Shouldn't THEY be making it, instead of players shouting their opinions on the forums feeling nothing will ever change around here?
Last edited by angelspawns on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Re: Ask for public opinion, before creating cards

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:55 pm

She has ss immunity and 0 sp skills. She is decent. Hate the op stuff out there instead.

But i believe set 12 might not be so fortunate and should get public input just to be sure.
First of all it must be made sure some issues are addressed and then that support cards do fulfill their roles and not something else.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:00 pm

I don't think this is a realistic thing to expect for upcoming sets. I think it's reasonable to take feedback into account in design, but there already is a group that gives feedback on cards. There are specific pre-selected people working on set 12. Those people, and not others, were picked for very specific reasons. If you have a problem with it or demand answers or whatever, you should talk to Romdeau or Logress about these things. They are the ones in charge.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Me and angelspawn didn't address these issues to you, you dumb prick.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 pm

You posted a general complaint, and so I addressed your complaint publicly, dummy. If you didn't want people to respond you could have just sent logress a PM.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Try reading.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Angelspawns,

Usually i agree with the majority of your posts. I used to think the same regarding future cards. i like the way things are this last EX. it is not like people did not know what was coming. I posted a preview of the cards prior to their release. Granted it was not many days inadvance but i didn't know which ex was going to be released until confirmation from logress.

Feel free to preview set 12 for yourself and make comments oncards you feel won't work and give reasons why.

I am guilty of making a nerf thread myself (Ruuca) but think perhaps all nerf this buff that threads should be deleted. If you have an issue with a card you should just pm logress or rom withyour suggestions rather than bring it to the forum.

if anything this process needs to move even faster in my opinion to keep things afloat. It is a card game where in the revenue is made primarily by selling cards. Avatars and the like are pennies when compared to the revenue from a weekend of EX.

The test team is fine. At least now they have a mid lv manager to keep them on task and hopefully see things through.
Most cards come from the original alteil and if they are fine they remain as is. If they are deemed op or underpowered or whatever they are changed. I like this since it preserves the purity of the original cards and allows for swifter transition to our server.

Why would people be upset if we had 20 new cards a month every 2 months and a full set every third? Diversity is good whenit comes to ccg - my personal opinion. As it often stands we have a handful of meta decks everyone copies and plays and it gets boring real fast.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm not sure because I watched Marchare use ex pixy fighter to decimate a mercenary nation file that kirk21 used. She's pretty good against low hp rushes.

Its just that only thing that annoys me bad is the gerg's hp =0 slash.
Callonia

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Well Gon, AD, i don't have that much trust in the current designteam and this group of select few. Some cards were nerfed for 3 times in a row, some 'buffs' made cards even more useless then they were before, some designs just make you scratch my head why it was even bothered... ... and a small group actually get results.

Overall, as Logress mentioned himself, past errata's didn't give the results he was hoping for. And players noticed some incompetence aswell to say the least.
Not going to blame the management for not getting it right the first time, but if i look at EliteFencer... and then see Emana brought out the way she was... those are facepalm moments.

Wouldn't it be nice that after an implementation, Logress actually asks for feedback himself over what should be errata'd upcoming sprint? Keep the forums from getting cluttered. We all know the designteam is human and flawed, ignoring every1 like it's fine the way things are is what upsets people. Not the fact things have gone wrong.
Last edited by angelspawns on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby NitroDino » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Do you really think you could get non biased opinions on the forum? Look at all the threads, someone starts a strategy discussion, it ends up in a nerf in this and that thread.
NitroDino

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau