Ask for public opinion, before creating cards

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ask for public opinion, before creating cards

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Fine then. The assa chick is ok, but that's not the point i was trying to make. :S I just like them asking for some fun ideas upon designing cards/errata's. Like, what would people make of a lvl1 card like Antswarm? If you're playing TGC Martials, what changes wouyld you think helps the tribe become more viable?

Stuff like that.

@AD; I see your point and you're right. But i'm not the one to beg Gon/Rom to consider a TGC suggestion. I post some in the "Safiria's corner of ignored ideas how we should run this place" and just hope they realise at a point some people here may have very good suggestions. Some have voiced very creative ways to tackle problems.
But as it feels, voicing your ideas here in Alteil is A WASTE OF TIME. Meanwhile you get to watch fckups one errata after another... Oh well...
angelspawns

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:49 pm

angelspawns wrote:Well Gon, AD, i don't have that much trust in the current designteam and this group of select few. Some cards were nerfed for 3 times in a row, some 'buffs' made cards even more useless then they were before, some designs just make you scratch my head why it was even bothered... ... and a small group actually get results.

Overall, as Logress mentioned himself, past errata's didn't give the results he was hoping for. And players noticed some incompetence aswell to say the least.
Not going to blame the management for not getting it right the first time, but if i look at EliteFencer... and then see Emana brought out the way she was... those are facepalm moments.

Wouldn't it be nice that after an implementation, Logress actually asks for feedback himself over what should be errata'd upcoming sprint? Keep the forums from getting cluttered. We all know the designteam is human and flawed, ignoring every1 like it's fine the way things are is what upsets people. Not the fact things have gone wrong.

Actually I think Emana was fine post first nerf. I think Elite fencer was fine after the nerf that removed him sapping your own serpent (AKA WK's 60 HP setup anchor that told agility files to GTFO, and come to think of it, may have been a decent reason to multisphere into Falkow, when now, it's just silly when Gaiessoul works better).

But I do agree with you that the errata/testing team is woefully incompetent, and that there are two possible equilibriums: either we have a stale meta with the OP file of the day, the only file that beats it, and maybe something that beats the file that beats the OP file (EG Dilate/Ruuca, WK/EN, serpent and big red), or we have some sort of nobody knows wtf is going on unestablished meta because nobody sticks with one file long enough to get a decent grasp of where things lie.

The first is at least somewhat fun. The second is terrible since there are just too many polarized cards, making random losses unavoidable.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm

I prefer the nobody knows what's meta, but that's never the case.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I prefer the nobody knows what's meta, but that's never the case.

"The nobody knows what's meta" would be nice if you could play every match with every file, but that's not the case. Getting into a random match that you're simply not equipped to deal with due to the lack of resources constrained by only having 25 cards is a terrible feeling that arises all too often.
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Anyways this thread derailed into admiting incompetence by gon and his friends and through their fear of their own disability having a negative impact on the surroundings they felt it's necessary to project the attribute of their disability on everyone else. As in, if they fail or they are a failure everyone else has to be like them so they can sleep better at night.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau