What is needed all around?

User suggestions to improve the game

What is needed all around?

Postby harvest4god » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 pm

This is not what your thinking.

I want to know what you feel is needed to make each sphere or archtype better.
I don't want buffs or erratas. I am interested in if you could make a new card, what it would be (specific) and how it would help the sphere/subtype.

Please format your cards like so:
Sphere: (do gowen/refess if mulitple sphere, etc.)
Level:
HP:
AT:
DEF:
AGI:
RNG:
Primary Subtype:
Secondary Subtype:
Skills: (Be careful with wording to make sure it reads exactly as it is supposed to go.)
Label them in the order listed below and format them TYPE OF SKILL, SP COST, WORDING.
1. Start skills
2. Auto skills
3. Action Skills
4. Counter Skills
5. Traits

After you list your card, give your reasons why you think this would be better for the sphere/subtype. Please don't troll or turn this into bashing. Let each person give their own cards and reasons without argument. I want to see what everyone's ideas are.
harvest4god

Re: What is needed all around?

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Sphere: Lawtia
Level: 1
HP: 10
AT: 10
DEF: 0
AGI: 3
RNG: 3
Primary Subtype: great spirit
Secondary Subtype: none
Skills:
Openskill ( 0 SP ) : [conditional use opponent has exactly 0 SP] Opponent gets SP-1 at the beginning of next turn.

I was about to submit it as a suggestion, but kept forgetting.

I think lawtia really needs another level 1 opening. I am not sure what it should be. Shade is in the ok (sort of) and it fits with lawtia so i thought it would be best to have something similar in order to encourage the usage of this new level 1.

This openskill is somewhat the opposite of shade. Everyone opens these days with level 2s and any other opens that dodge shade which is sort of dull to see over and over again and i think this open enforces variety in a balanced and good way!
Basically with this both you and the opponent engage in a gamble. Will he play shade? Or will he play the other kind of shade? See maybe people will stop being so focused on the silly -1 SP and move on when they build their files and think of their openings. Either way it will encourage more variety for sure.

Personally i don't care that much about turn 1 shade. If my file can dodge it fine (even when i do play bigs), if it can't dodge then whatever and i see others that also don't care about the shade open. See for example lycan rush / pixies and others which are meta decks also don't care. Decks with lv 4 miff don't care for obvious reasons.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:20 pm

The variety you're looking for peralisc will come for us all eventually in alteil 2.

Lawtia didn't endlessly spam shade on turn 1.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Sphere: Gowen
Level: 3
HP: 50
AT: 30
RNG: 1
Primary Subtype: Warrior
Skills:
Openskill (0 SP) : [conditional use gowen sphere level 3 or above] Decrease your gowen sphere level by 3 and then you get SP+3 at the beginning of next turn.

Lots of units, mainly gowen rank up units need a high sphere level. Also astaforce, stardragon etc. You might want to dodge a fierte which is also important.
So this isn't good only for gowen, it's basically good overall and maybe there should be one of these in every sphere.

The focus of the card should be the removing of your own sphere levels to then get SP back, so stats are irrelevant.
Of course this could be used with SS and proxies to gain some floating SP, but it's a huge roundabout. Maybe the minimum sphere level requirement can be changed to 4 or 5, since rewarding some SP for going through the trouble isn't really wrong, it could give a bit of variety to the game, but that's not the point of the card anyway.

Again the openskill, getting SP back that has been invested in sphere levels is important! See after an allind open you pretty much are locked to playing something that can make use of those high sphere levels. Why not have something that can get you SP back and allow more flexibility? (i am aware of gaia anaconda's existence, but playing that 3 times isn't efficient and besides the point is to generate SP with it not get SP back from sphere levels)

The subtype is not the focus, but i thought why not try to go one step further and give some idea where it could be made useful in an interesting way. I picked the subtype warrior specifically for Brave Soldier and Soldier Apprentice, from what i remember they are both low level warriors. So you get the rank up on them and lowering the sphere levels doesn't remove rank ups + you get another level 3 on the field and then if you have to set back sphere to rank up requirement then either do that or play some grims. It opens up options, that's what's most important.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I really like the first one Peral. ;)
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Khiruki » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Sphere: Refess
Level: 2
HP: 40
AT: 0
DEF: 5
AGI: 1
RNG: 2
Primary Subtype:
Secondary Subtype: Priest
Skills:
Open Skill (0 SP): All friendly units are healed 20 HP.

I find that for a sphere centered around healing, it is quite lacking in the AoE heal department, especially in the case of lower level Refess. While there is Garfath, he is a level 5 Character that is not commonly obtained. This card is a unit with an SP cost on open skill to make sure it goes last in turn order, rather than a Grimoire. It's supposed to fill a niche spot for an AoE heal accessible to rushes.
Last edited by Khiruki on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby gadu » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 am

The fact that it costs SP would make it unused by all. Mermaid heals 30 HP to the tribe for free and I still don't touch her, but that's more a problem of boob saturation rather than quality of card.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 am

gadu wrote:The fact that it costs SP would make it unused by all. Mermaid heals 30 HP to the tribe for free and I still don't touch her, but that's more a problem of boob saturation rather than quality of card.

Yeah thats true, both of your comments xD
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Sphere: Lawtia/Gowen
Level: 2
HP: 60
AT: 10
RNG: 2
Primary Subtype: warrior
Skills:
Openskill ( 0 SP ) : Directly summon on to your side of the field the most recently removed, returned, sent to cemetery or sent to out of game friendly unit. Then you get SP+1 and set your falkow sphere level to 0.
Autoskill (0 SP) : All enemy units get MAX HP - (number of times one of your units was removed x 10).

The focus of the card is to directly counter return and any other field removals with the openskill.
The autoskill offers a minor way to overcome the huge advantage created through the removals, it's not much but I think it can help.

I picked these spheres and subtype to further boost warriors. But to be fair there should be more of it since the current duels have way too often removals.

Similar to revive openings which negates the fire arrow or god hand or any other kill from last turn.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Level 2 Falkow
Wizard Kingdom/Archmage
HP 20/ agi 3/ range 3/ at 0
Open skill: 0 SP: Revive target subtype wizard kingdom unit. It gets At+10, DF+10, and HP+20
Start skill: 0 SP: engage target enemy unit of range 2 or higher in range.

Simple: Sumer for WK. Dolls didn't get touched till she came about. And yes, she works on characters, because there are plenty of crummy WK characters.
AqvasFire2

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau