Hey, Nerf Gregory.

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Hey, Nerf Gregory.

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I meant a proper mod.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I think if you played more Falkow yourself you would understand.

I play Falkow alot, my favorite file is a Falkow file. I'm just not a coward, so I don't resort to return effects. It works really well, especially against Lawtia, which is why I know only weak players bother with them.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Anima13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Pikeru wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:I think if you played more Falkow yourself you would understand.

I play Falkow alot, my favorite file is a Falkow file. I'm just not a coward, so I don't resort to return effects. It works really well, especially against Lawtia, which is why I know only weak players bother with them.

yes some falkow files dont need return cause they have more tankyness or offensive power.

Go and play a wk deck. go play serpent after all that whinners managed to take away vosrots pinpoint (i am still the opinion its unjustified, the heal i can understand ).
And see how they can perform without any return or returner unit. see how lvl2 cards with stats of your lvl3-4 wreck your deck. watch how easy your opponent can outplace you with their overstated units and just pushing attack. and watch how much you can deal against undeads, buffed units, defence and friends..
Anima13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Pikeru wrote:

1) You are implying that anyone who uses return is cowardly - not sure where this is coming from?
2) falkow's worst matchup is lawtia.
3) If you play falkow files without returns it sounds like you're just playing bad refess files.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm

You all meanies, this thread suppoze be about gerg the handsome not some return girl.
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Callonia wrote:You all meanies, this thread suppoze be about gerg the handsome not some return girl.

All the people who start to whine about returns in a gowen nerf thread, INSTEAD of talking about the topic, INSTEAD of bringing arguments why gregory is not supposed to be nerfed are meanies.
I mean I wrote an extra post why DG was opposing to the falkow conters. I reposted it even a second time. but no people rather whine about return and keep not running the conters which has been posted like in 10 threads now...
seriously this is annoying.
Anima13

Postby quickdragon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I like how miffyre randomly gets dragged into a topic about Gregory.

Edit: don't we ban people for derailing topics? And just to feed the troll, Miff's going to get nerfed into the ground sooner or later. Either all SP generators can readily generate SP like she does, or she joins the rest of them in the "grim/SS magnet" bin. Pick one.

1: I was also talking about Greg... :|
2: Oh a ban, now my world will end. LIKE HELL. :roll:
3: If I were to get banned, so should you. ;)
4: I don't have to pick sht. I hope every SP generators stay as they are now just to piss you off. I was never a fan of Miff, but now I LOVE HER! 8-)

@Rom
I couldn't help myself. I was also talking about Verlaat, but no one complained about that.
But the second someone (me in this topis) talks about Miff, all hell breaks loose. :shock:

Peralisc9001 wrote:Actually miff fan brought up the miff discussion. But you are mentally too incapacitated to notice that.

Wasn't one, but now I am. Can you see in the future!? :o

My opinion about the return card:
I never saw a problem with return, a lvl 3 card that can only return lvl 3 or lower lvl cards...Seems pretty fair.

PS: Just so stay ''on topic'', DOWN WITH GREG!!!!! :twisted:
quickdragon

Postby Scientiafide » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Pikeru wrote:

This is silly. The objective of the game is to win, and these players are just using one of the many tools provided to attempt to do so. They aren't exploiting bugs, and they aren't doing anything against the rules; no one should be expected to adhere to your self-imposed rules. Berating players for using these tactics is just poor sportsmanship.

You know, one could argue that your refusal to use certain tactics (or if you ignore they exist when attempting to create competitive files, that's even worse) just because you consider them "cowardly" makes you a bad player. You're hurting your chances of doing well because of these trivial self-imposed rules that don't mean anything, don't matter, and that most people don't care about. Granted, being a bad player in of itself is not a big deal and it's not something one should care about; on the other hand, your poor sportsmanship is unseemly.

Now if you wish to talk about the design of the game and how return affects it that's an entirely different matter, but don't blame the players for playing the game.

Scientiafide

Postby Pikeru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm

I have discussed it on countless occasions. It's not my problem if you choose to ignore each point.
Anima13 wrote:
Callonia wrote:You all meanies, this thread suppoze be about gerg the handsome not some return girl.

All the people who start to whine about returns in a gowen nerf thread, INSTEAD of talking about the topic, INSTEAD of bringing arguments why gregory is not supposed to be nerfed are meanies.
I mean I wrote an extra post why DG was opposing to the falkow conters. I reposted it even a second time. but no people rather whine about return and keep not running the conters which has been posted like in 10 threads now...
seriously this is annoying.

Threads typically do tend to stay mostly on topic until Gon brings up Return every chance he can get. As for Greg, I personally see no problem with him. Unlike Ruuca, he doesn't hit more than 1 row and he doesn't reset his HP. Perhaps I'm just not seeing it yet, but from what I have seen he's not broken.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Scientiafide » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Pikeru wrote:I have discussed it on countless occasions. It's not my problem if you choose to ignore each point.

That's why I actually mentioned the game design aspect, I have no problem when you bring that up (and you make some valid points worth discussing when you do). Berating players for how they play the game is an entirely different matter, though.

The topic on greg is pretty much settled though, even the original poster has retracted his statements (at least for now).

Scientiafide

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau