The Meta?

Strategies and Card File Construction

The Meta?

Postby Archegos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 am

So I wasn't even aware that this game had a meta. Could some explain it to me or is it more complex than simply stating it?
Archegos

Re: The Meta?

Postby Khiruki » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:32 am

Meta- basically the most common file types you see, generally due to having higher win rates. That's basically it.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Archegos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:34 am

Khiruki wrote:Meta- basically the most common file types you see, generally due to having higher win rates. That's basically it.

Lol I know what meta means. I was asking what is the meta. ^_^
Archegos

Postby Khiruki » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 am

Ah. That generally changes with new card releases and erratas. Current meta is pretty diverse. I'd say it includes Carbuncles, Something with Gaiessoul, Urgrant, and some focus files. EX 11 probably made Carbuncles and Focus files more common. Mid Refess Solar Kingdom was common alongside Augments, but for some reason, Verlaat and Miffles are UD. Odd. Augments I haven't seen quite as much of since Augment Doll got smacked, but I still see quite a bit of them. Then there's Mystere files and Wizard Kingdom.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:35 am

There's no true established metagame at the moment because it varies from personal taste and collection. In the past there used to be 1-2 dominating files that would define the meta and people would shape their files to counter these strong files. Previously to the most recent errata, augmented and mid-refess would fall under this category. Now I would argue there are a few outliers in terms of overall strength, but there isn't a single dominating file being used in Folrart. There are stronger files and there are weaker files.
Romdeau

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:41 am

WK is and has been meta since set 6. It saw top rp in many sets and will never be changed long as gon is on the balance team. I would say that is your definite first starting point for building a file.
Lawtia rush got a huge boost with augmented doll, but she has been nerfed to kingdom come, enough for me to see wk win against lawtia rush with augmented. Especially to watch out for is dolls. Look at mitsuhide's build. He has gotten to very high rp last set using it, and augmented doll only improved his file.
Refess rush does not exist. Gowen rush kind of exists shouldn't be worried about.

Mid gowen is still there. There's less of it around b/c less people have the cards (unlike mid refess). The power is comparable to mid refess.
Mid refess is like old guardian files... your files need to be able to handle it, but things like diondora will wreck it so it'll never become meta.
Mid lawtia is strong, but not quite as efficient. Mid falkow does not exist because the design team never made cards for it.
Overall it's quite balanced. Mid refess has a chance vs en and mid gowen has a chance vs diondora.

No one really plays diondora b/c it requires rares and the ppl who have cards are usually out there elsewhere somewhere playing some other meta file. Good thing too b/c I hate it.
EN is still meta, but not so much with mid refess and augments countering it. Nothing else non-level 2 can beat it efficiently unless you play a counter card like verlaat/eskatia, so it is still a huge grind file.
Big lawtia is huge right now. I would say it as the best file right now if someone with the cards (we're talking about 4-5 sets of 5*s and ex, some non-obtainable currently) and skill would step forward and play it correctly.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:28 am

Carbuncles have the power and are easy with in reach. Far more than other metas.

See carbuncle prebuilt + refess EX pack. Anything else is perhaps not worth anything.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 am

Except they are boring as dung to play.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am

No way! @_@

The only thing that i can find annoying about them is the lack of flexibility in what you can do with them and in controlling them. They come very close to orks. But i look at it from the bright side. Often times i feel like i am about to loose and then whoops carbuncle magic autowins! :lol:

Prebuilt 15$ and ex packs 12$ totals 27$ which is sort of okey if you consider how hard it is to generally get a viable deck.
And for those that were lucky to get the 500 gran version of the prebuilt, it's only 17$. It's such a damn rarity to see an easy and non-overcosted super expensive way to get a meta deck.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GuilleumeFG » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 am

there is but one file that can counter any file and have a good chance vs anything its called "Pixies".

AqvasFire2 wrote: poke yourself in the eye and do some special move!
GuilleumeFG

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum