Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby Muklas » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am

Give Aliria 3 RNG, kthx bai.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
User avatar
Muklas
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby quickdragon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Good players know it needs nerf. Bad players ... well they don't matter.


And ppl are wondering why we aren't getting more players. :roll:
If only 1 type of ppl matters in this game, then I say f**k this game and let it burn to the ground.

AqvasFire2 wrote:Advent: 45 HP 25 atk 2 agi 1 range I believe with the action?

Miff: 55 HP 25 atk 1 agi 2 range with auto. So 1 stat point better because Advent has to forfeit the attack/rest/action to generate SP. Now let's rebalance Miff's stats.
HP: drop by 25. Redistribute 5 to attack, 10 HP for 1 agi, 10 HP for 1 range.
30 atk, 30 HP, 2 agi, 3 range. Once again--didn't take away any stats--just redistributed them from being a better

Set start skill to auto.
And now we're cooking.


A lvl 4 with 30hp... :roll:
Seriously? That's what you call balanced? You REALLY ''think'' that's fair?
Image
quickdragon
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby Anima13 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 am

quickdragon wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Good players know it needs nerf. Bad players ... well they don't matter.


And ppl are wondering why we aren't getting more players. :roll:
If only 1 type of ppl matters in this game, then I say f**k this game and let it burn to the ground.

AqvasFire2 wrote:Advent: 45 HP 25 atk 2 agi 1 range I believe with the action?

Miff: 55 HP 25 atk 1 agi 2 range with auto. So 1 stat point better because Advent has to forfeit the attack/rest/action to generate SP. Now let's rebalance Miff's stats.
HP: drop by 25. Redistribute 5 to attack, 10 HP for 1 agi, 10 HP for 1 range.
30 atk, 30 HP, 2 agi, 3 range. Once again--didn't take away any stats--just redistributed them from being a better

Set start skill to auto.
And now we're cooking.


A lvl 4 with 30hp... :roll:
Seriously? That's what you call balanced? You REALLY ''think'' that's fair?


Sorry for off topic but i just could not withstand :D.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... hp?id=1262
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... php?id=631
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 am

Not removing that startskill from miffere means letting the game burn down.

Miffere doesn't only destroy the environment, but it further helps bash starters even more. So if you are concerned about the new players think about them, since most of them won't have miffere for a very long time to come, because it's a rare. Unless you only care about yourself and how many wins you can stack up with miffere while bashing newbies with it.


Might as well tell newbies and everyone who buys lycan rush prebuilt (or run a starter) that they're screwed and they should suck it up. Dare to tell the new players that? See how many rage quit.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby GuilleumeFG » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:21 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Not removing that startskill from miffere means letting the game burn down.

Miffere doesn't only destroy the environment, but it further helps bash starters even more. So if you are concerned about the new players think about them, since most of them won't have miffere for a very long time to come, because it's a rare. Unless you only care about yourself and how many wins you can stack up with miffere while bashing newbies with it.


Might as well tell newbies and everyone who buys lycan rush prebuilt (or run a starter) that they're screwed and they should suck it up. Dare to tell the new players that? See how many rage quit.


no.

if they liked the game in crest where there are only newbies and they did well with its starters its ok but they are not idiots they know that folrart is another story and shoud be prepared for it spend some, collect point cards or whatever to get a more competitive file to playe there and beat more well constructed files... if ppl here think that a card is unbalanced cuz someone with a STARTER cant beat it so there will be another problem...
Image

AqvasFire2 wrote: poke yourself in the eye and do some special move!
User avatar
GuilleumeFG
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm

quickdragon wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Good players know it needs nerf. Bad players ... well they don't matter.


And ppl are wondering why we aren't getting more players. :roll:
If only 1 type of ppl matters in this game, then I say f**k this game and let it burn to the ground.

AqvasFire2 wrote:Advent: 45 HP 25 atk 2 agi 1 range I believe with the action?

Miff: 55 HP 25 atk 1 agi 2 range with auto. So 1 stat point better because Advent has to forfeit the attack/rest/action to generate SP. Now let's rebalance Miff's stats.
HP: drop by 25. Redistribute 5 to attack, 10 HP for 1 agi, 10 HP for 1 range.
30 atk, 30 HP, 2 agi, 3 range. Once again--didn't take away any stats--just redistributed them from being a better

Set start skill to auto.
And now we're cooking.


A lvl 4 with 30hp... :roll:
Seriously? That's what you call balanced? You REALLY ''think'' that's fair?


1) Balance should not be done around bad players. There are more ways to make a bad file in Alteil than there are subatomic particles in the universe.
2) 30 HP on an SP-generator that does it on auto instead of action requiring no floating SP in a sphere with ridiculous attack buffers (Judie, general's order), DF buffers (verlaat), HP buffers (wisp, kaldrao), and the best tanks in the game with nobody else coming close? God forbid you actually have to defend her instead of just plopping her behind one refugee citizens and coasting on engage SSs.
User avatar
AqvasFire2
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am
Location: Florida

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby Scientiafide » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:Actually fargs, in the past, it *has* been that the stuff that got argued about till the cows came home got nerfed. So long as Miff is kept in the eye of the testing teams on the forums, she *will* get another nerf, especially because the first one did absolutely nothing to address the reasons people were complaining about her in the first place. Yes, I know you're fond of Refess, but until playing plop-a-unit-to-make-a-yellow-snowball doesn't have a ghost of a chance of being competitive tier 1, I'm going to draw attention to it.


Lol wow talk about biased. So you just want to ensure Refess doesn't have competitive files... Well we know where your motivations lie at least, kind of hard to take your arguments seriously now though since it seems you're driven more by your dislike of the sphere than anything else.

Anyway the only valid argument regarding Myffire that makes any sense to me would be the startskill. The ability to lock down several files while also being a good support and sp gen unit is a bit much. I'd at least make it an auto skill so that the opponent at least has a chance to kill myff and prevent it going off.

As for the high hp and sp gen arguments, those are supposed to be strengths refess possesses so I don't find that particularly unusual. I find the amount of hp the unit possesses and it's sp gen capabilities to be appropriate for it's level, and I've been able to succesfully kill her off on multiple occasions (despite her always hiding behind tanks like phoenix chick all the time :p).
Image

Image
User avatar
Scientiafide
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 pm

It's not so much bias as this line of thinking:

A) the game starts off with 0 units and 5 SP (0 sphere levels) to each side.
B) therefore, the game is as far as possible from being in a state of both sides having 6 units out all buffing each other to kingdom come.
C) In order for a combo that outright wins you the game if it's set up to be balanced, it has to succumb to strategies that seek to disrupt it.
D) All competitive tier 1 files should have some way of disrupting a snowball strategy.
E) Therefore, any competitive tier 1 file should trounce a snowball file, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
F) Any snowball strategy that succeeds despite tier 1 competitive attempts to disrupt it is broken.

Basically, in order to overwhelmingly win with a massive snowball, the downside is that you shouldn't be able to consistently set it up. Miff is a huge ally in setting up the mid refess snowball. Therefore, she has to be nerfed to the point that you can rush her down so that mid refess has to at least set up a freaking guardian.
User avatar
AqvasFire2
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am
Location: Florida

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:1) Balance should not be done around bad players.


oh look, dg is flaming again.

His argument is invalid because his view is biased and flaming.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4813
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:It's not so much bias as this line of thinking:

A) the game starts off with 0 units and 5 SP (0 sphere levels) to each side.
B) therefore, the game is as far as possible from being in a state of both sides having 6 units out all buffing each other to kingdom come.
C) In order for a combo that outright wins you the game if it's set up to be balanced, it has to succumb to strategies that seek to disrupt it.
D) All competitive tier 1 files should have some way of disrupting a snowball strategy.
E) Therefore, any competitive tier 1 file should trounce a snowball file, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
F) Any snowball strategy that succeeds despite tier 1 competitive attempts to disrupt it is broken.

Basically, in order to overwhelmingly win with a massive snowball, the downside is that you shouldn't be able to consistently set it up. Miff is a huge ally in setting up the mid refess snowball. Therefore, she has to be nerfed to the point that you can rush her down so that mid refess has to at least set up a freaking guardian.

This is actually a good, well articulated argument.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron