Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm

To your questions, Anima:
So far, if a unit was a dedicated SP generator, that is, if you dropped it, and outside of requiring an obnoxiously large number of spheres (10 total for marduk/urgrant), it had an action skill of generating SP, that was all it did. You dropped it, and you used its action skill. You didn't tank with it, you didn't attack with it, and you most certainly didn't lock out rats and succubus with it! Basically, if it genned SP, it was already a threat in and of itself because it'd eventually turn the tide of the game by genning SP, eventually paying for itself, and when it died, give its level in SP back as well.

Marduk was an exception to the rule because she needed 10 spheres total. 4 to summon her and another 6 in refess to use her SP generation ability.

Does mid ref have bad matchups? Yeah, and those bad matchups are ones in which its DF buffs are either punished (shrine knights, carbuncles), or ignored (orks, Dio control), and thus making their units not worth the SP because you don't benefit from all their stats. Do mid ref perform better? Well, Alleria with a Gaiessoul splash got a gold star if that's what you're asking. It's a pretty brainless file, too.

As for rushing out miff being the best solution, generally yeah, because if you rush her out, your opponent doesn't have the firepower to bring her down effectively early on. If you try to set up protection first, you're unnecessarily giving up SP because miff is self-sufficient early on thanks to her massive 55 HP.

As for multisphere files, well, I once ran a falkow/refess marduk miffyre file. I put it down because playing it was torture. Its damage output was low, and the game revolved around setting up TR and just slowly grinding down my opponent (and my own sanity).
User avatar
AqvasFire2
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am
Location: Florida

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby fargone » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:20 pm

This thread is exactly like the Elite fencer thread of old. The difference here is that DG wanted elite to keep her 60HP. Everyone ranted and raved about how the skill was OP. Then the ultimate of comments was made by logress or someone else on the testing team: We don't want to change the skills on cards - we want them to keep their purpose.

If Miffyre helps beat EN, which is a top tier file capable of beating a massive list of strategies, then good. If it makes people think outside the square and stop using 3 salamanders in every file then good. If the unit is too strong, then give it the Elite fencer treatment, and reduce its stats (HP).

Demongod, trolling the forum with stuff you don't like didn't make a difference last time - bringer never did get his 3 range. What it did gain you was a permanent ban. Something the people running this game seem to have forgotten.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:24 pm

In case you haven't been reading my suggestions, Dave, my entire proposal was to nuke Miff's HP. As I said, drop 5 HP and transfer it to atk. Drop another 10 HP, transfer to 1 agility. Drop another 10 HP, transfer to 1 range.

30 HP, 2 agi, 3 range, 30 damage instead of 55 HP 1 agi 2 range 25 damage. No loss in stats like what was done to Elite.

And then on top of that, start to auto. Because Aria deals with having an auto lock instead of start lock just fine, thanks.
User avatar
AqvasFire2
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am
Location: Florida

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AquasFire3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 pm

level 4 with 30 hp is not worth using dg okay. Just wanted to point that out again
Image
AquasFire3
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm

AquasFire3 wrote:level 4 with 30 hp is not worth using dg okay. Just wanted to point that out again


Lawtia makes use of a level 4 with 10 HP. So, you're wrong.
User avatar
AqvasFire2
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am
Location: Florida

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Ew no remember it still a level 4 a Refess one too. If anything take away just 10 hp and also 10 attack.

Yes a Lawtia lv 4 with massive speed and attack. Kinda polar opposite here.
Last edited by GOSCAR on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
User avatar
GOSCAR
 
Posts: 2040
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AquasFire3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 pm

I haven't ever saw a level 4 with 10 hp used lol so apparently it doesn't get used.
Image
AquasFire3
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby Khiruki » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 pm

AquasFire3 wrote:I haven't ever saw a level 4 with 10 hp used lol so apparently it doesn't get used.


Afel.
ImageImage
User avatar
Khiruki
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AquasFire3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm

How many lawtia decks actually use afel now ?? Not many very very few .
Image
AquasFire3
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: Leave Miffy Aloooonnneee!

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 pm

AquasFire3 wrote:How many lawtia decks actually use afel now ?? Not many very very few .


Big Lawtia's the only Lawt with the SP to use him, and does, specifically against Refess.
User avatar
AqvasFire2
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 am
Location: Florida

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron