A Game of Mindless Damagespam

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

A Game of Mindless Damagespam

Postby angelspawns » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Maybe it's just me, but the speed at which this game evolves is increased drastically. There's more damage output early game to cope with. Fieldwipes are more common - Openphase & openskills do more killing then the units on the field - For every 10HP there's potentially 20Dmg - Time spend on the field runs out faster then those 3 copies do - Etc.
Options to deal with a unit or even a whole field before the turn starts are everywhere. Things like Overdose+SS wipe, GameOver wipe, Gaiessoul, 50Dmg Field SS, Atkx2/HP=0 to Row, Zu+Overdose...
HP alone doesn't make for a good tank anymore: It's 0SP revivecosts(Carbuncles/Shrines for Lvl3 Refess in current meta), it's killing potential, or stuff actually meant to die.

I found there's little to no tanking damage in early stage. Not enough buildup time to tank things later on. No tanking at all against things at the end.
Lvl4's with the strength of lvl5's can come at the speed of Lvl3. Zu-jyuva splashed faster then any rush could snowball HP or defense against.
And what happened to the SS's? In the past 1LP had a value of +2SP. If you wanted to do damage you traded 1SP for 40Dmg. Do you even remember Sergis?
Not anymore. It became 2x40Dmg +20Atk. It became a random output of 120Dmg (4x40~20). It became 50Dmg, it became 3+ units, it became direct from HP to straight out HP=0.
Good luck playing the game of prevention. Like it wasn't hard anticipating an upcoming Engaged Shelby+Song/Druid from Disengaged Assa/returnSS.

I see how my favorite kind of gameplay gets turned into one big suicide attempt... I fear for my time left here playing Alteil. :( Slowly one favorite file after another becomes utter trash. The number of threats increase drastically and fitting options to fight it are stagnating. Dispite certain matchups TGC was a good tribe to play. And i mean that... but it will die here in Folrart together with my will to play it.

I can't keep up protecting my field against the new killer options out there. I can't get enough time to heal my Priests HP above the 65Dmg Fieldwipe limit from Zujy+Overdose. I can't counter those 1LP SS's anymore with an ExBardia. I can't slow down the attack potential anymore with a Lvl4 Gravan. And i certainly can't reach a saturationpoint against insane damage or removals from the likes of Gaiessoul.

I seriously wonder where the units are with equally insane openskills to counterplay?? Where did all the debuffing go to cope with it?? Neglected, THAT's where it's at. You only get to fight fire with fire here.
I can get as much mental stimulation by playing a game of rock paper sissors, or tic tac toe.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did a test in folrart. Tried to build up a Lvl3 Refess rush and here's the first 4 games i encountered:
- Afel. (WordOfDalos, VerlaatSS)
- GameOver Spam. (Miffy SS for more SP & repeat)
- Zu + Overdose. (Verlaat SS)
- MDAug + Overdose. (timed with fieldDmg SS)
I'm seriously considering Etoile in all my files, including TGC, for the rest of my Alteil days. God knows how long that will be at this rate. I do know after these 4 matchups i'm done with Alteil for today.

*Inb4 U Mad: More sad actually. I liked the depth this game had, instead of having everything instantly resolved and determined.
Last edited by angelspawns on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Re: A Game of Mindless Damagespam

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Well etoile is a good counter, but not in tgc b/c she revives only solar kingdom units. I use her in all my sk files.
I think that more damage = better, because more damage = less diondora cheese and such. In exchange, refess should get more etoile close units, especially for tgc and buncles.
Icyman2

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Set 11 was one of the biggest mistakes released by Alteil. I'm going to try to fix it if I can.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Of course you should pack Etoilete if it's so bloody strong! It even super AT buffs.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Of course you should pack Etoilete if it's so bloody strong! It even super AT buffs.

I'm pretty sure not everyone here love to put card A in EVERY SINGLE file they make if they don't want to lose 100%. :V
At least I know I am not one.

@Rom:
You could do that? OwO
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 pm

There is a huge requirement for good damage SS too.

Basically when there is lame return going on or some super field wiping buffed tanker, then you do need strong SS. The SS simply grow proportionally with unit power. There is power creep in units and SS, not just SS. So basically the issue we have is that for example set 1 cards are devastated by the latest additions to the game.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 pm

This is the game where everyone hates each other why does nothing but complain.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:This is the game where everyone hates each other why does nothing but complain.

This has no relevance to damagespam.

Sigh, but when you get called out, you do because of the facts, not because someone wants to insult you gon.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 am

Well, Refess has gotten far better at tanking than it's ever been before. Afel + word of dalos was with us for a few sets already, so...honestly, it's overdose. That card was created for augments, and is used on anything but. (Shvara, Zu, MD augment to get her to trigger mobility/sumer). That said, all this Lawt resurgence makes for some good times for Refess, thanks to Aliria and Etoile.

That said, playing big lawt vs. orks...they actually *can* snowball. I'm just not a fan of the whole infinite max HP thing in general though...it was fine on TGC since they had nothing else going for them...but on Orks and SKs?

Also, Sergis still very much has a use for wrecking EN, undeads, units with DF...and so forth, and sisters' 20 atk only fires off if you hit 2 units with it.

Furthermore, there are so many ways to counter bigs that it's silly. If not for overdose, big lawt would have no chance vs. Refess DF stacking (and buncles' -atk).

So yes, there's definitely more damage out there, but there's also more snowballing as well. I hate the latter far more than the former.
AqvasFire2

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 am

Romdeau wrote:Set 11 was one of the biggest mistakes released by Alteil. I'm going to try to fix it if I can.

Save us Rom. :o
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion